Tourist to non o udon

I need to convert my tourist  visa to a non o for retirement purposes. I was told in person by bangkok immigration and also Jomtien that as my girlfriends house is in udon and mostly we live there that we should apply for the change in udon.

I know people  have said here that udon do not do the conversion but if that is so why did 2 immigration offices say to do from there ?

Maybe udon accept the application  and forward to bangkok the same as Jomtien. 

9 minutes ago, mlkik said:

I know people  have said here that udon do not do the conversion but if that is so why did 2 immigration offices say to do from there ?

Maybe udon accept the application  and forward to bangkok the same as Jomtien. 

I think the two offices (or officers) assumed they could do them.

If Udon could accept them they would be sent to immigration division 4 in Korat for a approval.

People have asked at Udon about doing the change but were told to go to Vientiane for a non-o visa or Bangkok to do the change.

Perhaps you should contact Udon directly and ask them.

5 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I think the two offices (or officers) assumed they could do them.

If Udon could accept them they would be sent to immigration division 4 in Korat for a approval.

People have asked at Udon about doing the change but were told to go to Vientiane for a non-o visa or Bangkok to do the change.

Perhaps you should contact Udon directly and ask them.

We have emailed udon with the email address that you gave me in another post and will phone them with the number you listed. thanks for