Policeman's son beats man, 25, to death with a snooker cue

webfact

Very sad that the victim was only trying to help someone else and it ended up costing him his life.

There is something very wrong with Thai males, whose aggression is always bubbling just beneath the surface.

No one steps in to stop it either. All just hungry to see blood. Savages. Hope he gets life.

Also disgraceful that the cops did nothing till the family forced the issue.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, candide said:

And of course they other guys just stared and did nothing to prevent it.....

At least they didn' t join in with the attacker as so many on here say they do everytime..

And for that matter, what about that rape in the USA shown live of Facebook  where at least 40 people were watching but nobody contacted the police.

The moral of the story......" Cowards are born in every country".

6 minutes ago, darksidedog said:

6 minutes ago, darksidedog said:

Very sad that the victim was only trying to help someone else and it ended up costing him his life.

There is something very wrong with Thai males, whose aggression is always bubbling just beneath the surface.

No one steps in to stop it either. All just hungry to see blood. Savages. Hope he gets life.

Very sad indeed.

You are wrong about thai males. All of them are peaceful except a few. That's why they are too afraid to step in to stop something like this as well. Which is why you are wrong about that they wanna see blood etc as well.

Thai males that interact with sex tourists all day i sense agression in as well.. I feel it immidiately when i leave the safety of CM and arrive in samui.. They all look at me with eyes that cant hide their hatred and disgust.. 

when are the powers that be get involved , instead of petty stupid stuff, the whole world will see this, nothing will get done as usual, and it will get forgotten in the mist of time i repeat a previous poster, what happened about the scum who killed the disabled guy, the journalism in this country is pathetic.oops, i forgot, the big white chief did get involved when he congratulated the cops for a job well done on the  two young brits murder, they all came out of the same barrel.

1 hour ago, chrisinth said:

What did the father do? Was he also involved in a murder?

What did the father do? A very good question. I think he failed in his parental responsibility to be a good role model. Even more so since he is a police officer.

Growing up in South London we had a few guys with SBS (short bloke syndrome) they were the guys always trying to prove themselves as big men, i dont mean to this level of agression but they were the guys whose first thought on a disagreement was to try to use force! It appears that SBS is rife here in Thailand but on another level!! Sad day RIP young man

48 minutes ago, joebrown said:

What did the father do? A very good question. I think he failed in his parental responsibility to be a good role model. Even more so since he is a police officer.

The attacker is 36 years old, not a 16 year old kid, he is fully responsible for his actions.

3 hours ago, daveAustin said:

Something so wrong going on in the minds of 'some' of these people. An animalistic trigger where all empathy for another human goes out the window. This fat little rat should be swinging from a rope, but we all know he won't even do any time.

Agree.  Something is going on with this explosive violence coming from young male Thai men.  I don't know what is causing it but there is an epidemic of savagery happening.  I can name 5 instances in the past year where people were beaten to the ground by a group and then once on the ground the head crushing behavior started.  That's some serious deep rage you don't expect to see from the average person.  Until the root is found increase the penalties.  When I saw that video open with a room full of 20 year old Thai boys, sticks and cue balls in a confined area with few exits I thought "No place I'd rather not be".

3 hours ago, z42 said:

You have to wonder how many more of these are going to be tolerated going forward. if the crime itself isn't bad (and clear) enough then the police's lack of haste in proceeding with it certainly is.

How much studying of CCTV is actually needed here, in a proper and fair justice system the clear CCTV showing the crime is as clear and impartial a witness that is required, but seemingly not here (unless you're connected and giving dubious edits with a brown envelope on the side a la nomsod).

I wish to see the cop's son in chains very soon, but I suspect this is the last we'll hear about this case as follow up journalism here is thin on the ground to say the least

Whilst all civil servants including police officers seemingly have absolute individual discretion in applying laws and rules, the "I can do what I like" attitude will continue to prevail.

We see that often family members also think that applies to them if their daddy/mammy is one. 

Police won't follow up quickly on another officer's offspring. They have to check who his dad is, what little groups he might belong too, whose patronage he's under etc etc. They have to check the same for the victim just in case his family are connected. Then they have to decide their strategy and tactics for the case. Unlike police forces in other countries who react quickly and effectively to murder.

Whatever happened to the police offspring who collectively beat and murdered a disabled man? Or the ex Policeman politician who drove a car in which a billionaire mysteriously died after an apparent share fraud trial and who lied to police about his relationship with another suspect? Last heard in that case was the prosecutor simply refused to go to court with no real explanation as to why. 

And so it goes on, and on. 

Nothing will change given the refusal to accept responsibility and accountability, the self centered only I matter attitude, the power of money and connections over justice, and the role in society taken by the police in particular. This isn't the fault of government, It can only be addressed by society as a whole. And at present society seems not to be too bothered.

10 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Whilst all civil servants including police officers seemingly have absolute individual discretion in applying laws and rules, the "I can do what I like" attitude will continue to prevail.

We see that often family members also think that applies to them if their daddy/mammy is one. 

Police won't follow up quickly on another officer's offspring. They have to check who his dad is, what little groups he might belong too, whose patronage he's under etc etc. They have to check the same for the victim just in case his family are connected. Then they have to decide their strategy and tactics for the case. Unlike police forces in other countries who react quickly and effectively to murder.

Whatever happened to the police offspring who collectively beat and murdered a disabled man? Or the ex Policeman politician who drove a car in which a billionaire mysteriously died after an apparent share fraud trial and who lied to police about his relationship with another suspect? Last heard in that case was the prosecutor simply refused to go to court with no real explanation as to why. 

And so it goes on, and on. 

Nothing will change given the refusal to accept responsibility and accountability, the self centered only I matter attitude, the power of money and connections over justice, and the role in society taken by the police in particular. This isn't the fault of government, It can only be addressed by society as a whole. And at present society seems not to be too bothered.

In essence I agree.

But I also suggest that excellent leadership, a leader who speaks out in regard to developing a fair balanced civil society, a polite but no nonsense leader with credibility and no baggage, who totally reforms the police and totally reforms education would make a difference. 

IMHO these people do exist in this wonderful country but in the past have kept a low profile and probably for good reasons.

19 minutes ago, scorecard said:

In essence I agree.

But I also suggest that excellent leadership, a leader who speaks out in regard to developing a fair balanced civil society, a polite but no nonsense leader with credibility and no baggage, who totally reforms the police and totally reforms education would make a difference. 

IMHO these people do exist in this wonderful country but in the past have kept a low profile and probably for good reasons.

36 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Extract.

And these two extracts sum up just about everything that is wrong with Thai society and what is needed to reform it. A combined post for the BKK Post, maybe?  

2 hours ago, scorecard said:

And add, just part of the problem, while so many Thai kids are brought up by the elderly grandma who doesn't want the role of teaching right and wrong (it is primarily the parents responsibility), and at an elderly age doesn't have the energy anyway, then so many kids out of control will continue.

This guy was brought up by his grandma? Then why are people blaming the father?

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Chantaburi police said that the suspect had given himself up thereafter and been charged with murder.

Well at least he finally got up the courage to give himself up? Did he go home to daddy and say pop the S has really hit the fan. Why was he not arrested? Its unbelievable they have so much of this summoning drop in and see us stuff its hard to fathom that they are a police force. Do the cop shops have special doors for walk ins?

7 hours ago, webfact said:

after Kanok went to help a friend who was facing trouble in a fight.

Hmm...

Was this a one on one fight and he was going to change the odds?

And before I'm accused of justifying the cowardly attack on him by the son of the bib, I'm not.

That guy is a chicken faeces lowlife @£%$.

The "system" will work it's magic to keep the boy out of prison, can you imagine the life of a policeman's son in prison... it won't happen

an apology of sorts will be made for the "murder" of someone else's son, a few baht maybe thrown in as a gesture, but the threat of if you don't play ball you will suffer will be behind any outcome!

This will all be swept under the carpet, the CCTV will have mysteriously broken down, and we will here no more.And this nasty piece of S##T will be laughing and joking with his mates next week, and will be the local hero for as long as he can make it last.And if Thai girls, under 20 are anything to go by, he will be inundated with them.

4 hours ago, Get Real said:

Oh! yes, now it was the good thai man that really thinks before he is doing something again.

Beeing the son of a police does really seem like a problem in this country. How many times are we going to hear about members, (sons),  of these families resorting to violence as soon as something happens.
Not even the police can teach their own sons to behave in a normal fashion. Like one said before. Good luck with the long article defending thai men!

I've met some decent cops up near Fang, helpful, reasonable and friendly. Even the locals think they are decent. But I've recently had a couple of exceedingly poor experiences with bribe taking tourist targeting mongrels in Chiang Mai city. These ones thought it was OK to try to physically intimidate and insult with much denigration, raised voices and fingers in my face. In other words, behaviour that is not generally acceptable in this society. (All the while never admitting that I had broken no law, other than politely refusing to pay a bribe...)

So the chance of one of these teaching a son to be civilised?

If the PM had done something/more about police corruption so that the citizens didn't see corrupt police as all powerful... In other words, if there were consequences, then perhaps things would/will change. Of course Thailand doesn't have a monopoly on this problem.

In Australia (and much of the west?) young people are being taught that there are no consequences for their behaviour. After several generations of this it has even reached the point of some claiming to be the innocent victim after killing someone with their car. I expect the west to get worse in this respect, while also having massive hidden corruption (think large corporates, military "spending" and the banking system).

Hope may not be a plan, but I hope Thailand will improve while the west continues to slide.

:)

Archived