Policeman's son beats man, 25, to death with a snooker cue

webfact

3 hours ago, hobz said:

He will get away.

Victims family will get some money but will also live under threats for the rest of their lives.

The police that did not arrest the offender until pressured by the grandmom will also not be held accountable for their gross incompetence.

This is thailand.

Anything less than a conviction of Life in prison the world will never recognize Thailand more than third world country. Lets see how well they do..

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

bunch of shits.  Sure when I was growing up there were some scuffles, but we pretty much always tried to break up the fights, not stand around and watch what happens.  Disgusting to watch

Not same same sir. Him father policeman, we no like ploblem so we no help.

My friend's father also was policeman, his son never dared to do anything wrong or his father would get him with harsh punishment.

But in Thailand the sons of policemen are different it seems.

1 hour ago, Baerboxer said:

Whilst all civil servants including police officers seemingly have absolute individual discretion in applying laws and rules, the "I can do what I like" attitude will continue to prevail.

We see that often family members also think that applies to them if their daddy/mammy is one. 

Police won't follow up quickly on another officer's offspring. They have to check who his dad is, what little groups he might belong too, whose patronage he's under etc etc. They have to check the same for the victim just in case his family are connected. Then they have to decide their strategy and tactics for the case. Unlike police forces in other countries who react quickly and effectively to murder.

Whatever happened to the police offspring who collectively beat and murdered a disabled man? Or the ex Policeman politician who drove a car in which a billionaire mysteriously died after an apparent share fraud trial and who lied to police about his relationship with another suspect? Last heard in that case was the prosecutor simply refused to go to court with no real explanation as to why. 

And so it goes on, and on. 

Nothing will change given the refusal to accept responsibility and accountability, the self centered only I matter attitude, the power of money and connections over justice, and the role in society taken by the police in particular. This isn't the fault of government, It can only be addressed by society as a whole. And at present society seems not to be too bothered.

Great post. 

All those case have been swept under the carpet already. 

Add the Tony Kenway case to the list as well. 

Nothing will happen or change. 

So this guy gets involved in a fight to help his friend and gets beaten to death as a result.  And then people still ask why nobody got involved.  You already have your answer.  Because you might get beaten to death in return.  I'm not white knighting for anybody in this country. You get into a scuffle, you get yourself out.  I got things to do that don't involve me getting killed.  Thanks.

I'll ask the Mrs to keep an eye on this one, Chanthaburi is where she hails from so she knows a few folks in the area.

I always thought it was a nice sleepy sort of place, just shows how wrong you can be. RIP to the victim.

The vile underbelly of the real Thailand, never let your guard down.

8 hours ago, candide said:

And of course they other guys just stared and did nothing to prevent it.....

My father is a cop nobody (deleted) with me - I am powerful

and anyone that thinks he will see the inside of a cell for any length of time is delusional

this same attitude on the southern islands were Thais and tourists mix in the same venues, add in the alcohol and young naïve western blonds

Credit to the grandmother for pursuing. That lady has courage. And how ridiculous is it that something only gets done after a grandmother goes to social media and then down to the police station to demand justice, I wish senior management at the RTP had half the courage of this lady...

2 hours ago, fruitman said:

Not same same sir. Him father policeman, we no like ploblem so we no help.

My friend's father also was policeman, his son never dared to do anything wrong or his father would get him with harsh punishment.

But in Thailand the sons of policemen are different it seems.

In the UK, a police officer can be subject to a disciplinary procedure at work if their child gets into trouble at school.

4 minutes ago, Khun Han said:

In the UK, a police officer can be subject to a disciplinary procedure at work if their child gets into trouble at school.

Perhaps not always fair, but a definite consequence to encourage them to civilise their children.

I like it  :)

5 hours ago, joebrown said:

What did the father do? A very good question. I think he failed in his parental responsibility to be a good role model. Even more so since he is a police officer.

That may be very true, but how does that relate to the original post of "Like father, like son"?

7 hours ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

does anything ever happen to cops kids? what happened to the ones who beat the disabled street vendor to death?

Got freed on bail,..and according to my wife, they also were under age....?!?!?

4 hours ago, elgordo38 said:

Well at least he finally got up the courage to give himself up? Did he go home to daddy and say pop the S has really hit the fan. Why was he not arrested? Its unbelievable they have so much of this summoning drop in and see us stuff its hard to fathom that they are a police force. Do the cop shops have special doors for walk ins?

It's not courage if you know Daddy and he's colleagues are going to take care of it.!

Don't be smug there are Bas***ds in all countries including the " Civilised Western World"

Except that it is a daily occurance here in Thailand and a great rarity even in cities like London or Munich.
The children in this country are not taught to respect the law as the law has no respect for itself or anyone else. Where in Europe do you see Police so drunk while driving or should I say swerving all over the road? Where do you see Police kidnapping tourists? Where do you see Police robbing ATM machines? Where in Europe would you see a woman attacking another person in front of the Police without being handcuffed and imprisoned? And for the most part, getting away with it. These are just snippets of the last week in Thailand. This place is the Asian equivalent of the wild west!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

Everyone knows sons of policemen, even lowly police privates, are allowed to murder people with impunity.  The case will take a predictable course.  The murderer will be bailed by his father using his position.  The trial will be delayed for a long time, until the public has forgotten about the case.  Witnesses will retract their statements, if they don't want to end in the same situation as the victim.  The killer will be acquitted for lack of evidence. 

Disgusting behaviour. But the shock factor disappears after many years in Thailand. 

I am not sure if this kind of behaviour is much more common, or we see it more because of our exposure to so much more media. It's good to learn what happens in the backwater areas of the country, as well as Bangkok, but frankly not surprising. 

There are good and bad people everywhere, but Thailand seems to have far too many of the latter that go unpunished ... and that is the biggest crime. A failed society.

On 3/22/2017 at 8:00 AM, candide said:

And of course they other guys just stared and did nothing to prevent it.....

Because he is policeman's son and can do whatever he likes (so he thought). Bet he gets a minimal sentence or fine. But will we ever know?

Archived