Blacklisted Englishman desperate to return home to Thailand after being deported as his children suffer without him

webfact

58 minutes ago, the guest said:

Very true. All of us are living on a knife-edge, and at any moment there could be a knock on the door, and you could be deported without any reason given. Why would you wish to make any permanent plans in Thailand?

That isnt quite true is it ?

People do not get deported for nothing and there will be a reason given if they do get deported

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply
59 minutes ago, the guest said:

Very true. All of us are living on a knife-edge, and at any moment there could be a knock on the door, and you could be deported without any reason given. Why would you wish to make any permanent plans in Thailand?

'Living on a knife-edge'. I don't know about your background or history but i sense a great deal of paranonia. If you feel like you are indeed 'living on a knife edge' i would recommend for stress and health reasons you went somewhere you felt slightly more at ease, before your health takes a turn for the worse!

23 minutes ago, balo said:

Didn't you read the article ? He can't go back to the UK. And why is that ? Is he wanted there? Criminal past ?  

He can only blame himself, two relationships that went wrong, violence and a 3 year sentence in Thailand.  

He is what immigration would describe as a bad guy and as we all know , good guys in , bad guys out is the new slogan . 

Sorry about his kids though. 

Yeah, I did read the whole thing, there was a certain amount of sarcasm attached to my post with regard to the convicted Pedo, like you I have no idea as to why he can't return to the UK, and his previous history doesn't look good either and I do feel for the kids, I hope that the authorities look kindly on him but I won't be holding my breath, he should really have learnt a lesson by now and behave himself. 

2 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

Yeah, I did read the whole thing, there was a certain amount of sarcasm attached to my post with regard to the convicted Pedo, like you I have no idea as to why he can't return to the UK, and his previous history doesn't look good either and I do feel for the kids, I hope that the authorities look kindly on him but I won't be holding my breath, he should really have learnt a lesson by now and behave himself. 

Sooooo many loose Cannons here that have fled a murky past. They don't realise when they leave and come here they still bring emotional baggage and their disfuntional character.

Sad for his children. Very little worse than being delegated from your children and worrying daily as to their welfare. Hope it all gets sorted out quickly with a positive outcome for then all.

its stories like this that highlight the importance of actually knowing the right people here, comes down to the old saying every time in thailand, it's not what you know but who you know!

2 hours ago, Orac said:

Without an adequate explanation of why he can't return to the UK the alarm bells should be ringing, particularly since he has a conviction for violence in Thailand.

Yes prob another lowlife con merchant who has run off with other people's life savings. 

51 minutes ago, mamypoko said:

Might be a little room here to toss some compassion his way...spin it correctly and Immigration might earn a fresh, sticky, new gold star. Recommend working the kids angle

The 'HR/Family life' aspect should have been thrown into the public domain long before any deportation order was enforced & I share the view expressed by another poster re passports.

His family might find this useful:

https://fnf.org.uk/

48 minutes ago, SpeakeasyThai said:

A perfectly adequate explanation of why anybody can't return to the UK would be it's a cold, dark, depressing miserable over populated hole!

Spring is coming , the trees are sprouting into life, the chill winter is giving way to a fresh sunny day in London - capitol of the world. Tis great to be alive - enjoy your air conditioning

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Princess Maha Chakri Sirindthorn was also contacted on behalf of the children but while Her Royal Highness appreciated the plight of the children she said in a letter to the family that the matter must be dealt with according to the law.

And International Law was broken by Thailand!

Under the UN resolution on civil and political rights, of which Thailand signed 26th October 1996 clearly states that he should have never been deported (separation of family is prohibited). 

Sure he broke the law, Jail but a Thai Jail Is what the law states. 

Just now, DerekMarshall said:

Under the UN resolution on civil and political rights, of which Thailand signed 26th October 1996 clearly states that he should have never been deported (separation of family is prohibited). 

He should ask Drew Noyes for help with his One Stop Services - on the other hand.....

1 minute ago, DerekMarshall said:

Thai law states that anyone who commits a crime that results in a jail sentence of over six months is liable for deportation

2 hours ago, nev said:

Lesson to us all living in Thailand, keep your head down and keep out of trouble or one day your dream of living here will be wiped out in a instance.

Or get someone that knows someone who knows a cop or cops son that can cause trouble on your behalf. 

1 hour ago, Luckysilk said:

Simple Mr. Young, get a job in the UK and get your kiddies to the UK, they will thank you later.

Leaving aside the 'difficulties' Young has with returning to the UK himself, whatever those are, it's not simple.

For his children to be automatically British, Young has to be British not by descent, That is born in the UK or a qualifying territory and at least one of his parents being British or legally settled in the UK or qualifying territory where he was born.

If he is, then his daughter is automatically British, even though he was not married to her mother, because she was born after 1st July 2006. (Prior to that date British fathers could only pass their citizenship onto their children born abroad if they were married to the mother or married the mother after the birth.)

So, provided he can gather all the required paperwork, he can obtain a British passport for her.

The son's case is not so simple because he is definitely not currently British as he was born before the law changed in July 2006 and Young was not marred to his mother at the time of the birth and did not marry her since.

In which case, to obtain a British passport for the boy, Young would first have to register him as British.

Neither child is legally able to obtain a UK visa as the daughter is already British and the boy is entitled to register as British.

7 minutes ago, robin hood said:

I wonder why he can't return to the UK, we let anyone in!!!!!

As I read it he has returned to the UK if he is a British Subject he can not be refused, maybe he does not want to return because he may have issues to face on his return.

Also if they are his biological children why can they not come with him?

I also recall an issue on Koh Samui a few years ago, problems with a bar owner, got a lot of coverage, IMHO if it was him, from what I read he was luck just to be deported.

22 minutes ago, robin hood said:

I wonder why he can't return to the UK, we let anyone in!!!!!

7 minutes ago, catman20 said:

wrong color or religion maybe ?

Both these posts are total drivel which only show the posters' ignorance.

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Blacklisted Englishman desperate to return home to Thailand after being deported as his children suffer without him

3apm1.jpg

Picture: Thairath

BANGKOK: -- Thai Rath online have taken up the case of a Englishman who was deported from Thailand after an argument with neighbors in Phuket several years ago.

Life turned upside down for John David Young who had lived in Thailand for two decades. Now his children that he was looking after have a variety of problems and are missing their dad.

Thai Rath reported that an increasing number of foreigners are making roots in Thailand but when things go wrong it may be their children that suffer if they are deported or blacklisted.

In the case of Mr Young they said that he had started a sports bar business in Phuket. An initial relationship with a Thai woman had turned sour and she had fled abroad to marry another man - leaving him with a boy to look after who is now 14.

Thereafter he had a second relationship and a daughter with another woman who subsequently left him too and went to live in Pattaya. The girl was also being looked after by Mr Young and is now seven years old.

But things really took a turn for the worse when an argument over noise at one Halloween caused a fight between Mr Young and his female Thai neighbor and her foreign husband.

Though Mr Young suffered a broken arm and other injuries he was the one who was charged with going into the neighbor's house to cause trouble.

He was given sentences on two charges totaling 3 years in jail that was reduced by half on admission. This was suspended but he was deported leaving the children separated and in the hands of friends and relatives.

In the intervening time the son has had emotional problems and run away from home and the daughter is in a situation where she lives near a bar and there are reports that she is upset at school.

Teachers said she misses her dad and wants him to come home. 

A welfare group has taken up the case saying that they have the best interests of the children at heart and think that Mr Young should be allowed to return to Thailand. They have made representations to the interior ministry and immigration and the matter is being looked into.

Princess Maha Chakri Sirindthorn was also contacted on behalf of the children but while Her Royal Highness appreciated the plight of the children she said in a letter to the family that the matter must be dealt with according to the law.

Mr Young is reportedly now living in Malaysia. A friend has taken the children to visit him both there, in Singapore and in Bali over the last few years but Mr Young is desperate to return to Thailand that he considers home.

Thai Rath said that having the children live in the United Kingdom was not an option as they did not have UK passports. It was claimed that Mr Young had some problem regarding living in his homeland though this was not adequately explained in the story.

But the bottom line was that Mr Young had been parted from his children who he was taking care of, the children were suffering and that many people both Thai friends and Thai officialdom and a family lawyer were fighting for his return to the kingdom.

He had been blacklisted but this was essentially unfair; justice should be done in the case, reported Thai Rath online.

Commenting on the case immigration chief Nathatorn Phrosunthorn outlined in a separate story that there were essentially two reasons why people might be deported.

Simply put, he said, there were those that committed crimes abroad who were deported and there were those that had committed crimes within Thailand.

In the case of Mr Young the court had decided that after he broke the law he should be deported. If the court had decided that he should remain in the kingdom then immigration were bound by that decision, he said.

Nathathorn commented further that when five years had passed Mr Young could apply to return.

Sources: Thai Rath, Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-03-22

Well, good court decision. Whom needs such a bloke. Creating only troubles. By the way his govt. in Britain exercise same law to migrants. So let him go home to his beloved England. And never come back. He will pay his bill for his rudeness.

3 hours ago, Orac said:

Without an adequate explanation of why he can't return to the UK the alarm bells should be ringing, particularly since he has a conviction for violence in Thailand.

Mr Young had some problem regarding living in his homeland though this was not adequately explained in the story.

sounds like I wouldn't want him in Thailand or UK 

thanks 

The children are just unlucky to have mothers with no sense of responsibility and a father who apparently loves them but does not appear to be able to stay out of trouble ... let's hope they are being looked after by decent people?

Certainly much more to the story than this. At the end of the day you have to way up the advantages of living in Thailand versus the possibility of having your butt booted back home. Seems a couple of Thais ladies saw this coming and decided to pick another lonely westerner in exchange. 

Archived