Blacklisted Englishman desperate to return home to Thailand after being deported as his children suffer without him

webfact

Wow, that is quite a sad story.

Many women are abandoning children worldwide now.

In the last two years, I'm seeing more and more single men here, alone, pushing baby strollers in restaurants and in the streets.

I also see men alone carrying babies around on their back with child carrier type back packs.

More and more females are becoming better dealers and relationships are getting shorter and shorter.

Long time is losing ground and more short time rooms are popping up off the beaten path.  Many apartments now are offering a few rooms for short time.

No doubt all rental business will increase in 2018!

Hopefully...:partytime2:

I was one of those men you mention...

.... With the pushchair or son on a backpack carrier...
Or in the restaurant - just my son and I....

But you have it wrong... This was just to give my Wife a break...

.... Boys shopping... Or Boys night out - just my son and I having a beer and a bite...

It was great to have some alone time with my son... I used to take him out for breakfast and give my Wife a break...

People often choose to see the negative.. You may have made such a mistake...

That said, and back on topic... This is a tragic tale, but I wonder... More to the story which seems rather one sided...
Broken arm in a fight with the neighbours about his noisy bar... He was at their house... Seems as though he may have been the agressor...

Nonetheless. A suitable solution is wanting... The children are missing out and they must come first.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Buddha forbid anyone one of you posters who have called this man names, and posted conclusions on his character, end up with your face and story here on TV where a whole bunch of nincompoop keyboard warriors can have  a go at you.

"Bad guy", 'POS", "troublemaker" "can't keep his women", stop it will you? I happen to know the man. In the ten years I did business with he and his partner, John was always courteous, polite, mild mannered guy. He lost it with the neighbor, o.k., but that event doesn't cancel out my opinion of the man, the fact that he's a good bloke.

So before any of you continue piling the manure on this guy, ask yourself, do I know him? if the answer is "no", don't let a somewhat poorly scripted news article fill your head with nonsense, the point is he needs to be home in Thailand looking after his kids.

Take care John, I hope it can get worked out for you mate.

12 hours ago, the guest said:

Very true. All of us are living on a knife-edge, and at any moment there could be a knock on the door, and you could be deported without any reason given. Why would you wish to make any permanent plans in Thailand?

There was a time people here called me names because ;; I say now and always will ; People here only love our money NOT existence in LOS for longer time and every country has the same feelings...to us. Nobody like foreigners having better life then locals and doing nothing...in their country...jealousy comes in time...:coffee1:

15 hours ago, webfact said:

Blacklisted Englishman desperate to return home to Thailand after being deported as his children suffer without him

3apm1.jpg

Picture: Thairath

BANGKOK: -- Thai Rath online have taken up the case of a Englishman who was deported from Thailand after an argument with neighbors in Phuket several years ago.

Life turned upside down for John David Young who had lived in Thailand for two decades. Now his children that he was looking after have a variety of problems and are missing their dad.

Thai Rath reported that an increasing number of foreigners are making roots in Thailand but when things go wrong it may be their children that suffer if they are deported or blacklisted.

In the case of Mr Young they said that he had started a sports bar business in Phuket. An initial relationship with a Thai woman had turned sour and she had fled abroad to marry another man - leaving him with a boy to look after who is now 14.

Thereafter he had a second relationship and a daughter with another woman who subsequently left him too and went to live in Pattaya. The girl was also being looked after by Mr Young and is now seven years old.

But things really took a turn for the worse when an argument over noise at one Halloween caused a fight between Mr Young and his female Thai neighbor and her foreign husband.

Though Mr Young suffered a broken arm and other injuries he was the one who was charged with going into the neighbor's house to cause trouble.

He was given sentences on two charges totaling 3 years in jail that was reduced by half on admission. This was suspended but he was deported leaving the children separated and in the hands of friends and relatives.

In the intervening time the son has had emotional problems and run away from home and the daughter is in a situation where she lives near a bar and there are reports that she is upset at school.

Teachers said she misses her dad and wants him to come home. 

A welfare group has taken up the case saying that they have the best interests of the children at heart and think that Mr Young should be allowed to return to Thailand. They have made representations to the interior ministry and immigration and the matter is being looked into.

Princess Maha Chakri Sirindthorn was also contacted on behalf of the children but while Her Royal Highness appreciated the plight of the children she said in a letter to the family that the matter must be dealt with according to the law.

Mr Young is reportedly now living in Malaysia. A friend has taken the children to visit him both there, in Singapore and in Bali over the last few years but Mr Young is desperate to return to Thailand that he considers home.

Thai Rath said that having the children live in the United Kingdom was not an option as they did not have UK passports. It was claimed that Mr Young had some problem regarding living in his homeland though this was not adequately explained in the story.

But the bottom line was that Mr Young had been parted from his children who he was taking care of, the children were suffering and that many people both Thai friends and Thai officialdom and a family lawyer were fighting for his return to the kingdom.

He had been blacklisted but this was essentially unfair; justice should be done in the case, reported Thai Rath online.

Commenting on the case immigration chief Nathatorn Phrosunthorn outlined in a separate story that there were essentially two reasons why people might be deported.

Simply put, he said, there were those that committed crimes abroad who were deported and there were those that had committed crimes within Thailand.

In the case of Mr Young the court had decided that after he broke the law he should be deported. If the court had decided that he should remain in the kingdom then immigration were bound by that decision, he said.

Nathathorn commented further that when five years had passed Mr Young could apply to return.

Sources: Thai Rath, Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-03-22

I wonder why both the girl friends left him.

14 hours ago, balo said:

Didn't you read the article ? He can't go back to the UK. And why is that ? Is he wanted there? Criminal past ?  

He can only blame himself, two relationships that went wrong, violence and a 3 year sentence in Thailand.  

He is what immigration would describe as a bad guy and as we all know , good guys in , bad guys out is the new slogan . 

Sorry about his kids though. 

So if one can't go back to the UK, reasons undefined, does one still have or can one get a UK passport?

This sadly reflects on how Thailand's immigration laws are just not fit for purpose. 

When people have family and roots in a country they cannot simply be thrown away and discarded like an unwanted toy that has lost its charm when they fall foul of the law. Where is the perspective? 

The net result of this disproportion response is that two young Thai citizens are growing up with emotional issues, lacking any form of support network and in all likelihood a bright future. And a father who will not be there to comfort and raise his children. 

Deportation is fine for serious crime where life or national security are threatened, but for an argument that got out of control?? 

Thai Immigration Laws need changing!

For this same reason I live in other countries. Thailand is not the be and end of it all. Well for me anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Two women (that we know of) ran off and left him, he was fighting with neighbours and he can't return to the UK. 

Seriously, is it any wonder they don't want him here? 

And now the big sob story just to try and get back in again. 

If he really cared that much about his kids, he would have gotten them a UK passport after birth. It can never harm to have a passport from a western country. 

10 hours ago, Khon Kaen Dave said:

Immigration, compassion, sympathy, understanding? A sentence with all three emotions does not exist.

Lets be honest about it, they just dont give a damn.

'I have sympathy for immigration because of their lack of understanding and compassion'

;)

3 hours ago, catman20 said:

NO

Well , count yourself as being lucky ( although you with probably view it as your superiority ) that you have never had a female finish a relationship with you (ii you are telling the truth about that)

It happens at least once in a lifetime to nearly all of us, (apart from you), and especially in Thailand, its not always the Males fault .

Neither of us know the reason why his relationships finished and you are in no position to judge him on the sole basis that two Females walked out on him .

Some Thai females can be erratic and irrational and they are unable to stay in long term relationships .

Lets not judge , as we dont know anything about it

3 hours ago, djayz said:

Two women (that we know of) ran off and left him, he was fighting with neighbours and he can't return to the UK. 

Have you never had an argument with your neighbour and has a woman never left you ?

There is something wrong with this guy. He should take his kids and move back home to England. Why does have to stay in Southeast Asia? Since they are his kids and he is their guardian, it should be no problem to take them with him. 

Don't feel sorry for him. 

sad tale Mr Young.   Sounds like you made your bed ....    how many thai wifes left you ?

If you got off the piss for a while and didn't go fighting with the neighbors then none of this would have happened ....

I pity the kids ...

9 hours ago, gigman said:

There was a time people here called me names because ;; I say now and always will ; People here only love our money NOT existence in LOS for longer time and every country has the same feelings...to us. Nobody like foreigners having better life then locals and doing nothing...in their country...jealousy comes in time...:coffee1:

The Government for sure.  Many of us are married, with children perhaps, or have a stake in Thailand even if it is just bringing in much needed revenue for Thailand in the shape of a pension.  Yet nearly all of us have nothing more than an extension of temporary stay in our passport.

2 hours ago, spermwhale said:

There is something wrong with this guy. He should take his kids and move back home to England. Why does have to stay in Southeast Asia? Since they are his kids and he is their guardian, it should be no problem to take them with him. 

Don't feel sorry for him. 

It is a problem these days.

1 hour ago, steven100 said:

sad tale Mr Young.   Sounds like you made your bed ....    how many thai wifes left you ?

If you got off the piss for a while and didn't go fighting with the neighbors then none of this would have happened ....

I pity the kids ...

There are undertones in this sad tale.  But we don't really know what they are.  Still, I doubt that any person on these forums didn't benifit from second, third, and even fourth chances, and since when has life been easy for most ordinary folk anyway?

23 hours ago, Berkshire said:

What an odd story.  So who are the children staying with?  If not their mothers, why not?  Is he not paying child support?  And why was he deported/blacklisted?  This dude has got some problems.

He's not the only person with problems it seems......Read the story and you'll find your answers

10 minutes ago, Time Traveller said:

He's not the only person with problems it seems......Read the story and you'll find your answers

What are you on about?  The reason I asked those questions was because the article did not contain the answers.  If you disagree, how about share with us....unless you're some kind of looney bird.

23 hours ago, claffey said:

When you have a child with a Thai lady the first thing you do is get two passports for them. One for Thailand and one for your home country. He deserves no sympathy. They are British citizens and he could easily arrange for them to receive British passports and join him abroad. His kids do deserve sympathy having somebody like that for a child.

That's what I did, worked out fine for everyone in the end.

Archived