TM30 paperwork if staying as a guest, not renter

The owner would submit the TM30 form. At the most they would only need copies of  their house book and ID card.

Whether it needs to be done or not would depend upon  if you were using that address to do something at immigration.

I have a similar question.

I entered one week ago on 30 days exempt via Suvarnabhumi. I rent a condo in Bangkok, and i'm sure that the owner of the condo did register any TM30 form, as he don't even know when i travel in and out of the country. In the past i had Non-ED visa.

(2 years on Non-ED visa before, and never heard of TM30. On my 2nd 30 days visa exempt)

Will i have any problems to extend my visa exempt at Chaeng Wattana next week for another 30 days, before i go back to Europe?

Or is it better to do a Cambodia visa-run instead?

4 hours ago, somethingnice said:

I have a similar question.

I entered one week ago on 30 days exempt via Suvarnabhumi. I rent a condo in Bangkok, and i'm sure that the owner of the condo did register any TM30 form, as he don't even know when i travel in and out of the country. In the past i had Non-ED visa.

(2 years on Non-ED visa before, and never heard of TM30. On my 2nd 30 days visa exempt)

Will i have any problems to extend my visa exempt at Chaeng Wattana next week for another 30 days, before i go back to Europe?

Or is it better to do a Cambodia visa-run instead?

You're sure he did NOT register you mean.

Tourist visa extensions should not attract TM30 scrutiny, particularly not in ChaengWatthana, info does not seem to be centralised.

Edited by lkv

15 minutes ago, bigbadthaijohn said:

Thanks as usual, Joe.

Somethingnice, this is NOT a similar situation. I specifically asked about the requirements for someone who is not renting.

I'd say it depends if your entering Thailand and staying with friends, or if you lived elsewhere in Thailand and are moving to stay with friends, Your circumstances were not clear in your post.

1 hour ago, dentonian said:

I'd say it depends if your entering Thailand and staying with friends, or if you lived elsewhere in Thailand and are moving to stay with friends, Your circumstances were not clear in your post.

I have lived elsewhere and am moving to stay with friends. But I'm not sure what difference that makes in terms of paperwork.

23 hours ago, bigbadthaijohn said:

I have lived elsewhere and am moving to stay with friends. But I'm not sure what difference that makes in terms of paperwork.

If you lived elsewhere then you should formerly notify a change of address (TM28) and you friend should notify your presence TM 30.

Of course it's your option whether to comply with the law and notify a change to your registered address.