Five dead, at least 40 injured in UK parliament 'terrorist' attack

webfact

According to the 2011 census there are around 2,700,000 Muslims living in the UK. Unless I missed something dramatic there have been fewer than 100 people killed by Islamic terrorists in the UK since 2007 (including the tube bombs). For perspective, in 2007 alone there were 2,946 deaths on British roads. These terrorist attacks are tragedies, but clearly the vast majority of British Muslims are peaceful. I have Muslim friends and they are as appalled by these events as anyone else. When these people, these animals, attack like this they don't spare their fellow Muslims. They'll mow down Mohammed just as soon as John. This isn't a battle between Muslims and The West, it's a battle between extremists and everyone who disagrees with them. When you hold the vast majority of innocent British Muslims responsible for the actions of nutters and psychopaths you are on the side of the extremists. 

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Mousehound said:

Rubbish.  You clearly haven't bothered to read what he actually said at all.  Get your facts straight and don't rely on trump clan tweets.

I actually listened to what the deputy commissioner said.  It was an interview on sky news , I didn't read it. I guess you will be supporting the terrorist then? Listen to what he said, it seems to be Islamic based.  What are you going on about Trump for. Yes so lets see what more information is given today.

5 hours ago, webfact said:

PM May's thoughts are with killed, injured in 'appalling incident'

REUTERS

r1.jpg

Police tapes off Parliament Square after reports of loud bangs, in London, Britain, March 22, 2017. REUTERS/Stefan Wermuth

LONDON (Reuters) - Theresa May's thoughts are with those killed and injured in an attack close to parliament and the British prime minister is being kept updated with developments, her office said on Wednesday.

Four people were killed and at least 20 injured after a car ploughed into pedestrians and an attacker stabbed a policeman, in what police called a terrorist incident.

"The thoughts of the PM and the government are with those killed and injured in this appalling incident, and with their families," her office said in a statement.

"The PM is being kept updated and will shortly chair COBR," the statement said, referring to a meeting of the government's emergency security committee to be held later on Wednesday.

(Reporting by Elizabeth Piper and William James, Editing by Kylie MacLellan)

reuters_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Reuters 2017-03-23

Perhaps May's thoughts would be more productive if used to think how to stop more such either entering the UK or removing those that seek to radicalise those succeptible to such influence.

This threat needs to be physically eliminated, or there will be more incidents like this.

Pretty speeches do nothing to sort the problem.

11 minutes ago, dcpo said:

According to the 2011 census there are around 2,700,000 Muslims living in the UK. Unless I missed something dramatic there have been fewer than 100 people killed by Islamic terrorists in the UK since 2007 (including the tube bombs). For perspective, in 2007 alone there were 2,946 deaths on British roads. These terrorist attacks are tragedies, but clearly the vast majority of British Muslims are peaceful. I have Muslim friends and they are as appalled by these events as anyone else. When these people, these animals, attack like this they don't spare their fellow Muslims. They'll mow down Mohammed just as soon as John. This isn't a battle between Muslims and The West, it's a battle between extremists and everyone who disagrees with them. When you hold the vast majority of innocent British Muslims responsible for the actions of nutters and psychopaths you are on the side of the extremists. 

The extremists are the purists who hide under the blanket of non violent Muslims. They have more power to expose the extremists than any other group.  Yet they seem the least interested in doing just that. It seems to be a kind of assent to me.

14 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

I actually listened to what the deputy commissioner said.  It was an interview on sky news , I didn't read it. I guess you will be supporting the terrorist then? Listen to what he said, it seems to be Islamic based.  What are you going on about Trump for. Yes so lets see what more information is given today.

We were talking about your claims what the mayor said, a claim you copied from a alternative fact tweet from the Trump clan.

1 minute ago, stevenl said:

We were talking about your claims what the mayor said, a claim you copied from a alternative fact tweet from the Trump clan.

I actually read it in the newspapers. But more importantly are you going to be saying like the other poster that the deputy commissioner didn't say it seems to be Islamic based, as it now suggesting it definitely is.

2 hours ago, kowpot said:

People, it is time to stop living in denial.  Islam is not a religion of peace. If my religion told me to kill my fellow human being, I think I would look for a new religion.

Try reading Leviticus then

People, it is time to stop living in denial.  Islam is not a religion of peace. If my religion told me to kill my fellow human being, I think I would look for a new religion.

The sad thing is that for 99% of Muslims, Islam IS a religion of peace. It is the perverted interpretation by a small percentage of people unable to accept we are not still living  in 500 A.D.  that are the problem.

I am sure the overwhelming majority of Muslims deplore these vicious and cowardly attacks as much as we do.

1 minute ago, Laughing Gravy said:

I actually read it in the newspapers. But more importantly are you going to be saying like the other poster that the deputy commissioner didn't say it seems to be Islamic based, as it now suggesting it definitely is.

Nobody said that.

How about first learning how to read and then get back on here.

Germany's Merkel expresses shock at London attack

is she also shocked of her inviting the terrorists in?

Is she doing anything to get rid of those criminals?

(yes I know - this is England - but the same applies to Germany)

Yes, and still the Mosques will remain open. If the terrorists responsible are Islam, and it seems no doubt they are, and the British prime minister is sincere in what she says, then the Mosque that the terrorist is a member off will be closed down as an example to all the other Islamic terrorists the reside in the UK. Just brush it aside and it will happen again.

4 minutes ago, darksidedog said:

The sad thing is that for 99% of Muslims, Islam IS a religion of peace. It is the perverted interpretation by a small percentage of people unable to accept we are not still living  in 500 A.D.  that are the problem.

I am sure the overwhelming majority of Muslims deplore these vicious and cowardly attacks as much as we do.

I think what bothers 99% of non muslims is why the 99% of of peace loving muslims are always so extremely silent after each and every attack by the 1% of  non peace loving ones.  It seems to be a pattern lately. 

2 minutes ago, i claudius said:

<snip>  all the appeasers on here , we all know who i mean ,hang your heads in shame .

You should hang your head in shame for posting outright lies about TV members when such a tragedy has occurred in your home country. Other presumably UK nationals quoting from and linking to false news misinformation - disgusting behaviour - especially in the immediate aftermath of a mass murder terrorist event.

Lets get one thing straight with all these posters blaming integration and immigration policies.

The terrorists that have threatened and attacked the British public in the name of islamic extremism 

so far have been all  identified as British citizens  not immigrants.

The problem is within the core of British Society and is home grown, by people like Anjem Choudary

33 minutes ago, dcpo said:

But there would have been thousands of deaths by Islamic terrorists if not for the actions of the security forces, the fact there have not been more deaths is hardly something to boast about is it. Of course most Muslims are peaceful, unfortunately their religion is not.

3 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

You should lay off the sauce. It is affecting you. If you have nothing positive to say or if you are going to support this act of terrorism, move on.

No point in this. You're making incorrect claims here, see the mayor's statements, and follow those with incorrect claims regarding other user's statements. In your dream world that may be ok, in the real world it is not (unfortunately, see what is happening in the US at the moment, alternative facts are ok in the real world as well, the truth does not matter anymore).

12 minutes ago, darksidedog said:

Really??

1 hour ago, phantomfiddler said:

So sad, but on a positive note this sort of thing is never going to happen in Japan. Why ?..........Go figure it out.

What sort of thing?  You mean a terrorist attack?  No, I can't imagine that there would ever be a terrorist attack in Japan.  Least of all on the Tokyo subway.

17 minutes ago, i claudius said:

He was a muslim terrorist , you just have to look at a picture of the guy just after he was shot ,and to all the appeasers on here , we all know who i mean ,hang your heads in shame .

It does not matter how many an Islamic terrorist kills there will always be the appeasers trying to minimize any atrocity and to distance it from the real cause, which of course is Islam. Coming out with the same old lame excuses and deflections will not stop it happening again and again.

55 minutes ago, Thongkorn said:

Bring back the death penalty for this kind of attack. Nothing to bargain for after.

err excuse me but what good would that do to this terrorist. He is dead already !!

And do you not think that perhaps suicide bombers really care about capital punishment ?

2 minutes ago, exalll said:

What sort of thing?  You mean a terrorist attack?  No, I can't imagine that there would ever be a terrorist attack in Japan.  Least of all on the Tokyo subway.

If the UK and other European countries followed Japans example, there would be many more people alive today.

49 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

I was referring to the inane comment made about the Lord Mayors statement.  So yes, get your fact right first.  Where do I say I support terrorists? 

4 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Watching news this morning 23rd they reckon the attacker is still alive.

And what is it you misunderstood from these repeated BBC statements ?

Five people have died and at least 40 were injured after an attacker drove a car along a pavement in Westminster, stabbed a policeman and was shot dead by police in the grounds of Parliament

25 minutes ago, Mousehound said:

I was referring to the inane comment made about the Lord Mayors statement.  So yes, get your fact right first.  Where do I say I support terrorists? 

Looks like it's you that needs to get your facts right: the Lord Mayor is Dr Andrew Parmley, not Sadiq Khan who is in fact, simply, The Mayor.

Besides, it's immaterial what Khan says. His comment about "London not being cowed" is an artificial, stock response, similar to Ken Livingston's after 7/7. Truth is, the Mayor's security will be beefed up after this, proving that he will indeed be "cowed" by terrorism.

Archived