US Forces In Pattaya

Ozziman04

Hey guys I know you like your digs and party games but can we get back to the reason for this thread

For those of us who want to visit Pataya and are a bit worried about the present tourists dressed in military uniforms

when will they be gone and safe for the average Joe Blow to come back to Pattaya ?

Surely the "Long stay" "Short stay" prices must double while they are in town

and the chance of VD double after thay have left

Just wondering

they don't worry me, BUT the std thing is a worry as all the girls are going short time and who knows what the marines were up to before they arrived.

short time bf's are the same but some bars have doubled the all night bf.

:o

Hey guys I know you like your digs and party games but can we get back to the reason for this thread

For those of us who want to visit Pataya and are a bit worried about the present tourists dressed in military uniforms

when will they be gone and safe for the average Joe Blow to come back to Pattaya ?

Surely the "Long stay" "Short stay" prices must double while they are in town

and the chance of VD double after thay have left

Just wondering

I would not worried about them. If you don't piss them off they will leave you alone, unless you have hair down to you arse and acting like a queen.

The marines likes to fight the army,navy and airforce.

The army likes to fight the marines,navy and airforce.

The navy likes to fight the airforce.

The airfrce likes to fly.

In general they leave civilians alone unless it guy who talks <deleted> about their country or branch of service.

I would rather have them there, that more people to keep an eye on things. I am sure they all have been briefed to keep an eye out for terrorist. If there was any real threat they probably would not be allowed in town.

So relax buy them a beer and say thanks for kicking the <deleted> out of the taliban. :o

Hey thought I would stop by and offer a little US navy defense. :o

I will agree that when we stop by Pattaya our Junior guys can get a little overwhelmed and out of hand but, just think if you were a 18-20 year old kid dropped off in a place like Pattaya.........Just remember if they get too out of hand the repercussions can be staggering. Luckily this year my ships visit coincided with Songkran so everyone was a little full throttle.

And I will agree that prices for bar fines and such will double and sometimes triple when we are in town, the reason is the same said younger guys that do not know any better. It's a buyers market after all. Thats why I'll take a holiday out there in a few months after all this. The best part of bieng stationed in Japan is the 400-600 dollar round trip to Bangkok.

Finally the STD's, personally when im cruisn' around Asia I wrap it up as if my life depended on it. You would be surprised how many hours of videos we are subjected to of caluflour like growths and such we are subjected to before they let us loose.

The moral is if you genuinely feel uncomfortable by someone getting out of hand there will be plenty of Shore patrol/MP types just for that. Just let them know and they'll talk some sense into them.

Alright guys,

take it easy and I'll see ya next time out there

Spent thirty years with them...'mustanger'.

Padkapow's post was very good. Don't make jokes about the branch of service or the country and they will probably end up buying you a drink.

They are all pre-briefed on the STD's, Thai customs, and for the most part will shy away from trouble with civilians...if they get in to much trouble they will have their liberty cancelled and that is the last thing they want. They'll get drunk, over pay the girls, have a good time and collect many good "sea stories"...be patient and buy them a drink and tell them "THANKS, FOR A JOB WELL DONE"

Good bunch and they do tend to let off a little steam...a little crude and rough around the edges at times but no more so than some of the comments I've seen on the forum.

Cobra Gold is the last two week in May and you will see troops from US, Australia and perhaps some Sings maybe a few more. They will be in Pattaya and Korat for the most part. Don't know if any ships will be pulling in but if they do my guess it will be in Pattaya vice Phuket.

I know a lot of them and Dave there are a few 'blues' fans in the group so you will see them...and they will be a little older. :o

bumped into some special agent guys last week, and they say there will be 14000 of the little buggers here this year, last year it was only 6000. So, I think they'll be more visable this year.

Do we know the dates of when they are coming yet?Personally I have never had a problem with them,I don,t think they come here to pick fights,also a nice boost for the bars before the low season.

I did hear that bar fines in the go-gos wil be B1000+

Dont know about the bf being doubled but ive just been down to the bottom of soi Post Office (Pattaya) to buy a couple of Dvds (normally 120 baht) and the guy has put the price up to 250 baht each........he wouldnt drop in price, his reason "i dont care if you buy or not the americans are here" T.I.T (i didnt buy) :o

Dont know about the bf being doubled but ive just been down to the bottom of soi Post Office (Pattaya) to buy a couple of Dvds (normally 120 baht) and the guy has put the price up to 250 baht each........he wouldnt drop in price, his reason "i dont care if you buy or not the americans are here" T.I.T (i didnt buy) :o

that is the typical crap which does annoy me.

i have'nt been to my local dvd sellers for a while, but if they tried that one they would never see me again.

how would customers feel if i put up my drinks prices just because the americans were here.

Do we know the dates of when they are coming yet?Personally I have never had a problem with them,I don,t think they come here to pick fights,also a nice boost for the bars before the low season.

I did hear that bar fines in the go-gos wil be B1000+

Guess we can be low key sometimes,

Ships have been in and out pattaya over the past month

Doesn’t look like we were noticed too much either.

Bar fines were in the 1500 range at the Soi 2 go go's, so didn't spend too much time there this time around.

Maybe the inflation is directed at us alone? (Racial profiling?) :o

we had a regular older group that come in on cobra gold, hopefully they will be in this year.

i remember a guy called john who was of a high rank in medical

Dave,

I think all the BGs of Pattaya know a John or 2. :o

I went to Pattaya one time because there was a battlegroup having shore leave there. Pattaya is so big they spread out and I didn't really see very many of them. They seemed OK to me. Screwing up on shore leave, can get one in a lot of trouble.

how would customers feel if i put up my drinks prices just because the americans were here.
Same as we did last time they went up :o:D:D

Had a chat with a few guys a few years back and they said it was bed, on the ship by 12. They were computer techs.

Thought some of the MP types with the armbands were Australians the other night?

Ciao

Dont  know  about  the  bf  being  doubled  but  ive  just  been    down  to  the  bottom  of  soi  Post  Office    (Pattaya)    to  buy  a  couple  of  Dvds  (normally  120  baht)  and  the  guy  has    put  the  price  up  to  250  baht  each........he  wouldnt  drop  in  price,  his  reason  "i  dont  care  if  you  buy  or  not  the  americans  are  here"  T.I.T      (i  didnt  buy)  :o

lol... Why do they think squaddies have so much money? I thought they got paid peanuts?

Its one thing about the thais attitude that really <deleted>*ks me off

lol... Why do they think squaddies have so much money? I thought they got paid peanuts?

Well, it's the simple fact there are not too many shopping opportunities in the middle of the Pacific. :o

got to agree -- the critics are happy to have people protect their freedoms - but probably have never been willing to do it for themselves these guys need a break and rightly deserve their r & r - the city also deserves the economic break after the crap high season.

lol... Why do they think squaddies have so much money?  I thought they got paid peanuts?

Well, it's the simple fact there are not too many shopping opportunities in the middle of the Pacific. :D

the army comes here on boats? :o

appologies for my ignorance :D