AIS Fibre IPTV Premium and VOD Channels Packages Now Available

Pib

AIS has released their TV Premium Channels and Video On Demand service....that is HBO channels and a bunch of other channels.  

More info at below AIS website....be sure to click the "+" icon below each package's initial listing of channels to see the full list.   Article about it in today's Bangkok Post.

http://www.ais.co.th/fibre/en/package_homeplus.html

They have a Gold Full HD add-on package for Bt299/mo and a Platinum Full HD add-on package for Bt599/mo.  By add-on, I mean to supplement all the free channels that comes standard with AIS Fibre IPTV.

Capture.JPG.56dd34b16b3adbdd23ef216233325071.JPG

Capture2.JPG.4217b162fc34f91408a7e4de32540cf1.JPG

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Full channel listing for Gold and Platinum packages.   The HBO channels are on the Platinum package.   And for Donald Trump fans the Platinum package also has FoxNews.

Gold

Capture.JPG.9f36c8135810b45be98ee069af0e0a18.JPG

Platinum

Capture2.JPG.bbedb919c38daeb2c11a4c286672a1eb.JPG

http://www.ais.co.th/fibre/en/news_content25.html

After this event "AIS Vision 2017 Digital for Thais" to announce a vision for 2017 of AIS. This become a big trend in the social network. 

The main issue is announcement of AIS shook hands with the world's largest producers and grab the broadcast rights of NBA, FOX and HBO officially as the following; 

Grab the broadcast rights in all of HBO including HBO HD, HBO Signature, HBO Family, HBO Hits, Cinemax and RED By HBO. AIS also announced the introduction of the AIS service “HBO Go” for “Video on Demand” in Thailand. The content in Thai and the option of voiceovers and subtitles in Thai. 

Additionally, AIS has the rights for 21 channels in Fox network including Fox movie, Fox action movie, Fox family movie, Fox crime, Fox Thai, FX, Star World, Fox sport, Nat Geo people, Nat geo Wild, National Geographic, Fox news, Sky news and channel V. Moreover, AIS has the rights to broadcast the fantastic sport “NBA basketball” as well. 

The channels of HBO and Fox in Thailand are available through AIS Play application and AIS Playbox. In addition, AIS customers can also watch the content of the NBA through AIS Play application in exclusive. This is completely all in one.

35 minutes ago, Usernames said:

Will it be in English. AIS was providing WB with many/most of the programs dubbed in Thai with no English option.

Well, the WR that already with IPTV is in English....I know...I watch it on AIS Fibre.  But you need to have your Playbox set for English audio.

I was looking forward to canceling True, because it has most of the channels I that watch with the exception of History and Discovery.  Only problem is that I called AIS to asking about purchasing an additional playbox to watch on my other tvs, and they said I couldn't.  Only way to watch on more than one tv would be to buy a chromecast or stream it on you smart tv via smartphone.  

Even then the packages can be only be watched by 1 person can watch at a time, with no option to pay extra for multiple viewing.  So I guess each person would have to pay their own package.

3 hours ago, Pib said:

AIS has released their TV Premium Channels and Video On Demand service....that is HBO channels and a bunch of other channels.  

More info at below AIS website....be sure to click the "+" icon below each package's initial listing of channels to see the full list.   Article about it in today's Bangkok Post.

http://www.ais.co.th/fibre/en/package_homeplus.html

They have a Gold Full HD add-on package for Bt299/mo and a Platinum Full HD add-on package for Bt599/mo.  By add-on, I mean to supplement all the free channels that comes standard with AIS Fibre IPTV.

Capture.JPG.56dd34b16b3adbdd23ef216233325071.JPG

Capture2.JPG.4217b162fc34f91408a7e4de32540cf1.JPG

shame no CNN/BBC just the magnificent Fox News  lol

Well, I signed up for the Platinum package to begin at the start of my next AIS Fibre billing cycle which begins on 4 April.  I could have started it "today/23 March" but they would have charged me the full month's price of Bt599 since I was not starting at the beginning of my normal billing cycle.  I didn't want to pay Bt599 just for 23 March thru 3 April of my current billing cycle I'm already in.  So, I'm starting the Platinum Full HD add-on package 4 Apr/beginning of  my next billing cycle.  Got below SMS confirming signup....Bt599 for the next 12 months.

Capture.JPG.bf508c3ca89339a070308e1bef375d60.JPG

Before cancelling did you have time to try out other things on the Platinum package like the Video on Demand part where I guess you can select past TV shows and movies to view....like using HBO GO.

Capture.JPG.5fd4cd1eae0fdbe12f611d17bde735cf.JPG

On 3/23/2017 at 0:21 PM, Pib said:

Well, I signed up for the Platinum package to begin at the start of my next AIS Fibre billing cycle which begins on 4 April.  I could have started it "today/23 March" but they would have charged me the full month's price of Bt599 since I was not starting at the beginning of my normal billing cycle.  I didn't want to pay Bt599 just for 23 March thru 3 April of my current billing cycle I'm already in.  So, I'm starting the Platinum Full HD add-on package 4 Apr/beginning of  my next billing cycle.  Got below SMS confirming signup....Bt599 for the next 12 months.

Capture.JPG.bf508c3ca89339a070308e1bef375d60.JPG

Prepare yourself a big disappointment! I added the package and called them to cancel within less than 12 hours. 

HBO is great all in English with Thai subtitles for the wife.

Here's the disappointment... FOX, National Geographic, Nick Jnr. and many more channels are only in Thai and can't be changed to English. I was on the phone to them for ages and they confirmed it, the signal that they're receiving is in Thai and can't be changed to English.

I will definitely add the add-on package again if or when it has all premium channels in English.

Very disappointed!

Well, my phone call to AIS got a difference response regarding what is in English and what is in Thai.  The rep said yea, the HBO/Cinemax stuff is in English just like it was on TrueVisions.   I have talked to this rep before...he has a good command of English.

But regarding Nat Geo, Nick Jr,  Fox Family & Action channels about 20% of the programming is in Thai only he said.  And he said HBO "Red" and Fox Sports channels is approx 50% Thai.  The Fox Sports channel is only one specific channels and there are several other Fox sports type channels....I didn't ask about the other Fox Sports related channels.  

Although the HBO Red channel is HBO stuff it is only presented in it's original Asian language with subtitles possible in other languages....nothing new about that regardless of what service HBO Red is made available on as HBO Red concentrates on Asian language movies.   And he said Fox Movies Premium is in 100% English.     

Please refer to Post #2 for the full list of channels....lot of different channels and it appears some don't carry an English sound track 100% of the time....no different than TrueVisions.  

He also stressed your Playbox audio settings must be set to English to ensure you get the English soundtrack when an English soundtrack exists on a channel.  Like I mentioned in an earlier post your "audio language" setting is not in the basic Android language setting area.  The audio language setting is in the lower right hand corner of  your screen and it actually controls the "display,  subtitles, and audio languages."   The display language deals with how the menus/channel selection appear along the bottom of your screen, either in Thai or English.  And the audio setting choices are either "Original" or "English."   You also set the subtitles to either Thai or English in this settings area.  See the two images below.  

So, it a person will run up against some Thai language only programming in some of the channels...and a person needs to ensure his audio settings are set to English to ensure if an English language soundtrack exists it will default to English.  The box you have probably came set to default to Original audio which "if the channels is carrying an English sound track" it will automatically play....just like how the TrueVisions box work.  Unfortunately the Playbox remove does not have an audio button which you can press to see if multiple language soundtracks exist for a channel and change to another language with just that button...instead on the Playbox you need to ensure you basic audio setting are correct.

Yeap, some channels have a good amount of Thai language (it is Thailand you know), but not only in Thai.  I'm just relaying what the AIS rep told me within the hour.    I will not be able to experience this myself first hand until my Platinum subscription activates on 4 Apr.

Settings Location lower right hand of screen.  Notice the little locks on some channels since my Platinum package is not activated yet.

Capture.JPG.60e5592cd45bf2806be2c221751695bf.JPG

Display, Subtitles, Audio Settings...ensure they are set to English.

Capture2.JPG.54268408308742edb2eff87884241ae4.JPG

Like I already said. I have already been into that menu and changed the audio to English.
I found it was still Thai audio. When I had the NatGeo channels on CTH the audio was in English.

I'm aware that we are in Thailand but watching an English speaker dubbed into Thai on a channel that should be dual audio such as Nat Geo is not acceptable to me.

If it works for you, and I sincerely hope it does, and I see others report English works then I may well try again.

Sorry Pib but I am with JaiMaai on this one. AIS told me the same story which is complete crock of sh*t, yes HBO is in English but only 1 FOX channel is in English and the rest are 100% in Thai. Before I cancelled I changed the settings several times and yes just as in your pics...

Good luck with it and keep us posted.

You would think that with AIS entering fully into the realms of premium channel provision (at not particularly cheap pricing - but better than True) that they might consider making their service available in such a way that you can:

1) Access it on more than one box in one household; and

2) Access it on a better quality box than the Playbox which, for all it's plus points, is painfully slow, cumbersome to navigate and has a terrible remote (putting it politely).

Simple enough for them to do it, just upload an app to the Play Store allowing people to install it on whatever device they choose.  Both problems solved.  If I was interested in any of their packages the show-stopper for me would be being tied to a Playbox.

Even for those, pretty thin pickings IMO, iFlix much better value at 1,000 per year all with Thai subtitles, even Netflix is rolling out Thai subtitles now.  I'm sure it'd be good value for some.  Not for me though.

On 3/23/2017 at 9:41 PM, JaiMaai said:

Tried all those settings. Nothing got an English audio track working.

Let's hope you have more luck and I might try again......

Thanks.  This is exactly what I feared, when I posted above about WB not having an English language option. I have the playbox and, like you, have adjusted everything for English. The option simply isn't there for a lot of programming, especially POPULAR programming. I began to have doubts when I watched WB on AIS and many of the programs were dubbed into Thai with no English option.  Now, btw, WB has become part of the premium service and I can't see it at all. And this is why I held off subscribing to the new Platinum and Gold packages.  I even sent them a couple of messages asking for info, both on email and on their FB page. No replies. They haven't even read the FB message. I don't trust talking to people on the phone who will say anything to get you to buy.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks.  This is exactly what I feared, when I posted above about WB not having an English language option. I have the playbox and, like you, have adjusted everything for English. The option simply isn't there for a lot of programming, especially POPULAR programming. I began to have doubts when I watched WB on AIS and many of the programs were dubbed into Thai with no English option.  Now, btw, WB has become part of the premium service and I can't see it at all. And this is why I held off subscribing to the new Platinum and Gold packages.  I even sent them a couple of messages asking for info, both on email and on their FB page. No replies. They haven't even read the FB message. I don't trust talking to people on the phone who will say anything to get you to buy.

This was the one seed of doubt that I had in my mind. Before they moved the WB channel into the premium package, I DID have it in English.
@Pib should have had his service for a few days now. Hopefully he's had more luck and can post an update soon.

Yea, I have had the service since 4 Apr..   Been monitoring the various channels several times a day to see what is in English and what is not.   Will post something within a day or two.  Right now taking a lunch break after spending a couple hours of doing electrical work in my house...after lunch need to do a hardware store run to get a replacement 30 amp circuit breaker (a replacement for a branch new breaker....made in Thailand piece of crap).

It would be nice if you could also get these same channels via AIS Play (Android app.)

You may be able to; they display on the app. but (in my case) are "locked".

The app. now has built-in casting; I can cast AIR Play from my phone to my TV w/Chromecast.

I can cast TrueVisions Anywhere to my Chromecast via Google Home.

Here's what my review of the channels on the AIS Platinum Bt599 package regarding "sound track languages" over the last 4 days revealed.

I have my Playbox Audio settings set to English, so if the channel has an English soundtrack it's suppose to play English.   Over the last 4 days during various times during the day and night I scanned all the Platinum channels listed below to determine what language a movie/TV show was playing in.   I guesstimate I got to review each channel around 10 times over the last 4 days...random times during the day and night.   I would always watch the channel long enough to ensure I'm looking at a movie/show versus an intermission or where a commercial normally would be because during an intermission/commercial time break you could hear English, but as soon as the intermission/commercial time is over it's back to the Thai soundtrack for the movie/show...whatever soundtrack has been provided for that movie/show.  

The (TH) designation after some channels means the default soundtrack is Thai and the (TH) shows in the channel icon name.    If no (TH) and that means the channel is in English, Chinese, Korean, etc....almost always English unless the channel is dedicated to certain types of movies/show like the Chinese Movie Channels which can seems to always be in Chinese or dubbed in Thai.   

Now where I say below "Thai and English" (or something similar) that does not mean there are two soundtracks; it just means some programming was in Thai and some in English.   When I say "Original" language I mean Chinese, Korean, Japanese, etc.....just something other than English or Thai.

It does not seem any of the channels are actually carrying more than one soundtrack....the soundtrack is either English, Chinese, Korean, Japanese or dubbed into Thai....guess it depends on what sound track AIS buys.   On some channels that were always in Thai, like the Nat Geo channels, as a test I did change my audio from English to Original to see if by chance that might provide the original English sound track but it did not....apparently AIS is buying programming with "one" soundtrack.

I'll be keeping this Platinum package.  Nice to be able to quickly channels surf between channels just like using a TrueVision box....and the picture clarity on AIS Fibre TV is better than TrueVisions.  And the AIS Go is going to allow me to catch-up the seasons of Game of Thrones and other TV series.    If some more channels, like the FoxMovies Premium does change to predominately English that will be good for English speaking folks; however, unless dual soundtracks of English and Thai are provided then Thai's will not be happy.      AIS does need to try to satisfy a range of Thai, English, Chinese, and other customers...with Thais being the bulk.    Until AIS starts carrying more than just one soundtrack per channel a person will not be able to select between dual or triple audio languages like with TrueVisions.

NEWS
- FoxNews: English (Republican)

- Sky News HD:  English

ENTERTAINMENT

- HBO HD:  English and Original

- HB Hits: English

- HBO Signature: English

- HBO Family: English

- Cinemax: English but one movie was in Thai.  So, around 90% was in English based on my sampling.

- Red by HOB (TH): Thai

- Fox Movies Premium (TH): Thai but one movie was in English.  Talked to an AIS CSR on 4 Apr 17 who said English is suppose to become the default language by 5 Apr--didn't happen as of today/7 Apr

- Fox Action Movies: Thai and English.

- FX: English and Original (i.e., Chinese, Thai, etc)

- FoxCrime (TH): Thai but one show was in English

- [V]:  English and Original.  This is a music video channel.

- Fox Family Movies: Thai

- Star Chinese Movies (SCM):  Chinese and Thai

- SCM Legend: Thai

- Star Chinese Channel: Chinese and Thai

- TVN HD: Original

- StarWorld: English

- WBtv:  English but one or two shows were in Thai.   Predominately English.

FAMILY

- NickJr (TH): Thai.  For young children

- BabyTV(TH) : Thai.  For young children

- NAT Geo Wild (TH): Thai

- NAT Geo People (TH): Thai

- Nat Geographic: Thai.  Don't know why they don’t but a (TH) on the channel selection as all shows were in Thai just as Nat Geo and Nat Wild

SPORTS

- Fight: English and Thai

- Fox Sports (TH): English.  The channel has the (TH) designation but all sports events shown were in English

- Fox Sports 2: English

- Fox Sports 3: English

CATCH UP/VOD

- WBtv: English

- NickJr (TH): Thai

- Fight: English and Thai

- HBO Go: English

Thanks for the update.

For me, it was the Nat Geo Channels that I was most interested in and you've confirmed are (100%?) Thai

Fox Movie Channels are mostly Thai.

HBO are mostly English.

For me this confirms it is NOT good value for me and I won't be resubscribing unfortunately because it was potentially a very good deal.

Archived