Pattaya 9 Karat Condo 138 Rooms For Auction

Banana7

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I cant tall you how much the condo ( it was a double) was but the 40k was charged ( or extorted from him you might say) by 9karat  for a clearance letter declaring the condo debt free which is needed to register the condo in your name at the land office , in addition he had to pay 10 years back maintenance

I cant tall you how much the condo ( it was a double) was but the 40k was charged ( or extorted from him you might say) by 9karat  for a clearance letter declaring the condo debt free which is needed to register the condo in your name at the land office , in addition he had to pay 10 years back maintenance

Yes the 40k sounds like a shock of a fee not previously mentioned and not justified. I can understand the 10 years maintenance but the 40k no.

1 minute ago, scubascuba3 said:

Yes the 40k sounds like a shock of a fee not previously mentioned and not justified. I can understand the 10 years maintenance but the 40k no.

There has always been a fee for issuing the debt free letter, it's never free.

10 minutes ago, Banana7 said:

There has always been a fee for issuing the debt free letter, it's never free.

So, 40k for checking their computer database and issuing a standard piece of paper? Over Bt5m if that is the going rate for all the rooms up for auction.

Yes, totally reasonable.:shock1:

So, 40k for checking their computer database and issuing a standard piece of paper? Over Bt5m if that is the going rate for all the rooms up for auction.
Yes, totally reasonable.:shock1:

I would have to agree with this. 40k or whatever for a letter is ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

If anyone can attest to buying a condo at the auction in the last few days and not being extorted for a letter by the 9k office then it would be good if they could post their experiences.

At the moment, it would appear nobody bought at the first round of auctions.

8 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

The 40k is the back maintenance fees and fines which has been mentioned already and will vary from unit to unit. It can be determined in advance and should not be a surprise to anyone. The fee for issuing the letter will be minimal.

The 40k is the back maintenance fees and fines which has been mentioned already and will vary from unit to unit. It can be determined in advance and should not be a surprise to anyone. The fee for issuing the letter will be minimal.

That's not what saluandnai said above but maybe he got the details wrong.

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

That's not what saluandnai said above but maybe he got the details wrong.

I think the details are correct but he just misunderstood how the figure is arrived at. The point is that to issue the debt-free letter all debts must be paid (the clue is in the name), hence the 40k charge for the unpaid maintenance fee plus legal interest. And they probably added on 100B or so for the actual letter.

19 hours ago, Banana7 said:

Next auction dates are April 19, May 9, May 31, June 21, July 12, August 2, August 23

April 19th next Auction :sad: that,s the day all hell lets loose in Pattaya with "sonkran" hells bells no :cheesy:

5 hours ago, KittenKong said:

totally untrue, the 40 k was purely for the clearance letter and charged by 9k, nothing to do with any other charged

3 hours ago, saluandnai said:

totally untrue, the 40 k was purely for the clearance letter and charged by 9k, nothing to do with any other charged

This seems highly unlikely. To be a valid charge for the letter it would have to be applied to any co-owner wishing to sell, and that seems equally unlikely.

2 hours ago, KittenKong said:

This seems highly unlikely. To be a valid charge for the letter it would have to be applied to any co-owner wishing to sell, and that seems equally unlikely.

It could be true. When I bought my condo, according to my purchase and sale agreement, the seller was responsible for obtaining the debt free letter, and it was about 40K baht. Also, the condo maintenance fees had to be paid 1 year in advance, before the letter was issued. Now there is new management, so I'm not sure about the fees. Go to condo office and check fees and conditions for the debt free letter. If you buy, make sure you get an authentic itemized original receipt for all monies paid.

1 hour ago, Banana7 said:

It could be true. When I bought my condo, according to my purchase and sale agreement, the seller was responsible for obtaining the debt free letter, and it was about 40K baht. Also, the condo maintenance fees had to be paid 1 year in advance, before the letter was issued. Now there is new management, so I'm not sure about the fees. Go to condo office and check fees and conditions for the debt free letter. If you buy, make sure you get an authentic itemized original receipt for all monies paid.

during my term as a condo Committee Chairman we supplied several Debt-free letters to co-owners,  As far as we reseached there was no advice, instructions or other legalities that said we must charge a fee for such a letter.  Our choice.  So we did not.

that said we must charge a fee for such a letter.  Our choice.  So we did not.

Where there any stipulations that you couldn't charge a fee for the letter ? If not then who decides an appropriate fee ?

On 01/04/2017 at 8:25 PM, johng said:

Where there any stipulations that you couldn't charge a fee for the letter ? If not then who decides an appropriate fee ?

Condo Committee decision only

Many people have said it is the condo committees decision on how much to charge for the debt free letter, but the guy in question was charged an extortionate fee for his one. With that said I wonder who really was behind the decision to charge a very high fee for this?

Definitely some concern there as this condos reputation proceeds it

2 hours ago, Boca said:

Many people have said it is the condo committees decision on how much to charge for the debt free letter, but the guy in question was charged an extortionate fee for his one. With that said I wonder who really was behind the decision to charge a very high fee for this?

Definitely some concern there as this condos reputation proceeds it

and on a very pertinant note there should be the appropriate credits shown in the Condo accounts of course ...................... and B40K seemingly arbitrary fees for so many condos soon mounts up !

ha ha, sorry to laugh but I think that's the first time 9k and the word accounts have ever been used in the same sentance

Interesting. I wouldn't buy a place where the history of accounts weren't available to review (assuming they are signed off by a legit accountant/auditor of sorts....)

On 03/04/2017 at 2:05 AM, prk888 said:

and on a very pertinant note there should be the appropriate credits shown in the Condo accounts of course ...................... and B40K seemingly arbitrary fees for so many condos soon mounts up !

This sort of fee, if it isnt simply the payment of unpaid common fees, sounds very much like a scam to me.

I've never heard of a debt letter fee being more than a token amount if it isnt free.

There are thousands of condo units for sale in pattaya.

loads of deals to be had, if you cut some of the greedy people out the loop.

I would give this place a big wide birth,  its obviously had problems

in the past,   who's  to say they may not continue in the future.

if people are asking more than 50-200 baht or better free

for debt free a letter,   I would say its just profiteering.

That's the yard stick right there,   for your future happiness at that place.

Good luck to the new owners :jap:

Archived