What healthy meals could I cook with one of these? (photo)

simon43

On November 29, 2017 at 9:07 AM, simon43 said:

Almost no-one stays at this hotel except me!  Naypyidaw is full of hotels with no guests.  I have no idea how they make any money (well they don't - some sort of loss-leader or money-laundering...).

Next April I will be able to move into a rented house because another teacher is leaving.  That house has a kitchen with the usual cooking facilities.  So my options will be much improved.  (I have stuck with my fresh veg, fruit, nuts, oily fish and kefir milk diet for a year now, - feel and look healthy).

Can you provide detsils about your Kefir milk source? 

I have visited all the Farang groceries in BKK and can't find anything but yogurt. 

Dairy product labeling is quite difficult to navigate here. I know that Thailand has some decent Dairy farming but the Thai appear to enjoy milk "products" with added sugar and flavoring.  I occassionally opt for the Japanese brands but they are sold at a high premium.

But I have not found Kefir products anywhere.

Thanks

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, tropo said:

I disagree. It's hard to be happy and healthy without a thick wallet. You can do your best with a thin wallet, but it's not easy. I'm nearly 60, and rules still apply. Without money, you're screwed.

Horses for courses, I think happiness is as much driven by personal circumstances and surroundings. I didn't say that anyone would be happy without money, its just that you tailor your lifestyle to what you have. My wife is happiest when she finds a bargain or saves some money and her personal wealth doesn't come into the equation. But if you personally need a fat wallet to be happy then that's fine.

Can you provide details about your Kefir milk source?

I make my own kefir every day. I bought the kefir grains from a Thai lady who lives on Sukhumvit Soi 4 (Nana). She has a website and sells kefir grains and equipment to make kefir milk.

5 hours ago, simon43 said:

Can you provide details about your Kefir milk source?

I make my own kefir every day. I bought the kefir grains from a Thai lady who lives on Sukhumvit Soi 4 (Nana). She has a website and sells kefir grains and equipment to make kefir milk.

More specifically, from here: 

https://www.hkprobioticsbangkok.com/

If you need more information on preparation, I have a very long running thread dedicated to Kefir. Surprisingly the thread is the 2nd Google listing for the search "Kefir Thailand". 

Archived