Thousands demonstrate in London against leaving the EU

rooster59

1 minute ago, Stupooey said:

Not sure what relevance your first sentence has to anything I've posted. My perception of the younger generation is at odds with yours, though - nearly all I know are knowledgeable and eloquent, and were looking forward to the opportunities offered by being part of Europe rather than just Little England. We clearly move in very different circles!

Why am I not surprised that nearly all you know are knowledgeable and eloquent, you sound like most of the pompous 48% on here. It's time to stop throwing your toys out of the pram and grow up, you are not better than anyone else, even if you think you are! 

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Stupooey said:

If you are protesting against something you do not need to know the facts. This highlights a major problem with the Referendum. It is well known that the better-educated, who were more likely to look at the bigger picture, tended to vote to remain. On the other hand many who chose the leave option tended to vote on a single issue basis, whether it was immigration, "sovereignty", NHS funding (I won't mention the bus so as not to raise anyone's ire), agriculture, an anti-government protest vote etc. It is also fair to assume that the majority of people who did not vote were content with the status quo, particularly in the light of pre-Referendum polls consistently showing remain with a comfortable lead. In most walks of life (i keep thinking of golf clubs voting to admit lady members) two thirds of the vote is required to effect a major constitutional change, and this should have happened in this case. Unfortunately, David Cameron was too confident of winning - like all politicians he underestimated the sheer stupidity of the electorate. Two horse races often give anomalous results, especially when it is tight. Just look at the US, where the popular vote - "will of the people" in Brexit parlance - would have seen another President Clinton in the White House.

Another falsely superior post claiming the uneducated stupidity of the leave voters. Shame on you Stupoo!

42 minutes ago, transam said:

So the young think it's a WOW to send their tax dosh to countries that have totally different retirement age and tax systems that they bolster..........Good grief.......:sad:

They probably see it as a charity donation helping those less fortunate than themselves.

2 hours ago, transam said:

So if UK folk were happy with their lot why did the folk who cared  to go out and vote actually vote to leave over remain...?

I thought this was obvious. A majority were either ambivalent and didn't bother voting or were content with the status quo. A minority of those eligible to vote were actually sufficiently anti EU to vote leave.

1 minute ago, Grouse said:

I thought this was obvious. A majority were either ambivalent and didn't bother voting or were content with the status quo. A minority of those eligible to vote were actually sufficiently anti EU to vote leave.

What a load of TOSH........So where were the remain lot, having a trendy lunch ....?

9 minutes ago, transam said:

What a load of TOSH........So where were the remain lot, having a trendy lunch ....?

No idea, they obviously just were not particularly concerned! I'll bet they are now though! What do you care? You won!

46 minutes ago, vogie said:

Why am I not surprised that nearly all you know are knowledgeable and eloquent, you sound like most of the pompous 48% on here. It's time to stop throwing your toys out of the pram and grow up, you are not better than anyone else, even if you think you are! 

Quite why preferring to mix with knowledgeable people rather than ones who 'don't know what day of the week it is' makes me pompous is beyond me. Sensible is the word I would have used. Or grown up.

2 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Sorry, I thought you voted for Brexit and therefore won the referendum? What do I know?

You know how to back the wrong horse every single time.

Please tell me you are not backing Le Pen??

5 minutes ago, KunMatt said:

Totally triggered!!  :D

Happy Brexit Day Grouse.   Bwahahahaha

More erudition from Khun Matt.

( Actually, it's not Brexit day; TM has just petitioned for divorce. It's not even a decree Nisi!)

1 hour ago, Stupooey said:

At least 37% of the electorate were clearly not happy with their lot, just as at least 34% seem to have been happy. What I am saying is that people are more likely to be complacent if they are content with the status quo than if they want change, so it is likely that the majority of the 29% who didn't vote were not in favour of Brexit, but were maybe lulled into a false sense of security by the pre-Referendum opinion polls.

I'm assuming that you didn't ask them all personally, and are basing your conclusion on your tenuous logic.

19 minutes ago, KunMatt said:

You know how to back the wrong horse every single time.

Please tell me you are not backing Le Pen??

If you are just in this for a bet, good luck.

I think it's rather more serious than that.

The pro Brexit camp won because there are more malcontents than contents in the UK these days. That must be obvious even for you. It seems that the people who have generally done better in our obscenely unequal society were the better educated.

I assume you are pro Le Pen? She is a fascist. I hope she fails for my friends in France who deserve better. 

I did did not expect Brexit to succeed, I did not expect Trump to succeed. No doubt you are rejoicing, indeed slavering! How nice for you ?

Just now, Grouse said:

Thank you for your concern!

Totally unnecessary! Do you think I give a damn what numpties think?

I know you think I look down on you. You're absolutely correct! ?

Heeeey, UK tried the EU thing, the EU showed it's colours , UK has said bugger off and do your own thing, UK will do the thing it does best, be the UK and not a lacky to folk who ain't got a clue.....Next thing the EU will do is take in Turkey..........UK, you are best out of it...

1 minute ago, Grouse said:

So now you're the spelling bee?

You know what happened to the last oaf who volunteered to be my spell checker?

At least he was educated and had a vocabulary of more than 100 words! Is English your first language?

I'm not trying to ruin Brexit Day for you by pointing out your hypocrisy of telling everyone how stupid they are.

Anyways, enjoy the rest of Brexit Day,  Stay Triggered.  LOL!

1 minute ago, nauseus said:

Well the letter has been delivered just now says Sky News and Mrs May now confirms.

Will Mr. Tusk will find an EU regulation that warrants a "return to sender", I wonder? 

And why would he? At this point we are generally quite happy the article 50 has been triggered and we all can continue our separate lives.

So long and thanks for all the Pounds!
CoG_Jk-WEAAih3Q.jpg.01b8bfb1d71a1d92890413028d438ef7.jpg

1 minute ago, oilinki said:

And why would he? At this point we are generally quite happy the article 50 has been triggered and we all can continue our separate lives.

So long and thanks for all the Pounds!
CoG_Jk-WEAAih3Q.jpg.01b8bfb1d71a1d92890413028d438ef7.jpg

And you are speaking for??

9 minutes ago, KunMatt said:

I doubt you know what fascism is seeing as you cannot even spell it oh wise one.

And awesome that Le Pen has your reverse backing.  See you after May 7th.

Sounds like you are one with Putin's Russia. We call such people as 'Home Ruskies'.

12 minutes ago, KunMatt said:

I'm far from a chav but this seems to be yet another expression that you don't understand.

Also, I won't be working when I'm in my 60s.  And I especially won't be working Sundays.  How about you?   Oh that's right.  Working on Sundays in your 60s.  That's pretty chavvy!!

Enjoy the rest of Brexit Day.  I will.

Hope you manage to put enough aside, in order to retire in your 50's, same as myself. My only regret is that I did not take that route when I was in my 40's.

Life is far too short. Would hate to think I finished up placing this advert.

image.jpeg

45 minutes ago, Khun Han said:

I think you may not have been involved in the discussions at the time, but he tried to belittle Laughing Gravy by simply quoting and repeating a spelling mistake by Gravy. He (and a few other remainers) thought this was absolutely hilarious (which is quite telling, in itself). Unfortumately for him, he proceeded to make schoolboy spelling mistakes of his own in almost every subsequent post :laugh:.

I am going to step in here and point out that from my reading of the infamous post by LG and Grouse's response,  there appeared to be no malice inended by latter. The spelling mistake was, by itself a nothing, but in the context of the post it was amusing, and a gift for anyone looking for an opportunity to lighten what was a heated discussion. Unfortunately I cannot remember the specifics, but I do remember the outrage, much of which felt manufactured.

7 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Well, I've checked and I don't seem to have suffered any wounds!

I do not claim to be "better" or "smarter" than anyone. I do claim to have benefited from a great education. Not necessarily the best but certainly upper quartile.

I think I am reasonably well informed and certainly well read.

Why are you so anti anyone whom you consider your intellectual superior?

I have no wish to battle with you but if you insist, soft cushions at dawn? 

And despite all of how smart you think you are, you've been consistently wrong about Brexit, Trump and the EU.

Brexit Day today being proof of just how wrong you can be.

:)

23 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

I am going to step in here and point out that from my reading of the infamous post by LG and Grouse's response,  there appeared to be no malice inended by latter. The spelling mistake was, by itself a nothing, but in the context of the post it was amusing, and a gift for anyone looking for an opportunity to lighten what was a heated discussion. Unfortunately I cannot remember the specifics, but I do remember the outrage, much of which felt manufactured.

Me too. As a Brexiter it may come as a surprise but there's a thoroughly decent bloke on the end of that keyboard although it took me a while to realise it.

BTW Grouse; I went to Charterhouse....but only to nick lead off the roof in my teens :smile:

9 minutes ago, Grouse said:

I am correct in my opinion about all three.

I accept that I am in the minority.

You're embarrassing yourself by not understanding the difference. I'm sure you're great at 3 card brag; how about bridge?

Your post history showing your "informed predictions" before Brexit and Trump shows that you were totally wrong, and yet you called everyone who correctly predicted the outcome "numpties".

Let's hope you are also wrong about Le Pen.

Archived