Farang shames Thais - repairing road just a stone's throw from the airport!

webfact

5 hours ago, dotpoom said:

Doesn't take much to make some people feel ashamed.

this being the LOS, it takes a LOT more than usual!

lots of faces have been lost due to his actions. someone might file a defamation case against him.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, sambum said:

I know for a fact of an accident where a farang on a motor bike was hit from behind by a Thai while attempting a right hand turn.

Oh well then, it's gotta be true.

Let me guess, a friends fathers brothers bit on the sides cats water dish seller told you?

56 minutes ago, cyberfarang said:

Thank you, exactly. Now maybe some will understand.

You shoosh down now, we cant have ppl talking about farangs been wrong.. Don't you know we cant have any talk unless its talking about how lazy the Thais are, or about how much we all hate Thailand and its rules, and unless your post contatins blatent racism and bashing of Thais it has no right been on this forum..

:post-4641-1156694572:

37 minutes ago, psyvolt said:

Oh well then, it's gotta be true.

Let me guess, a friends fathers brothers bit on the sides cats water dish seller told you?

No - a very nice gentleman called Tom Cobley who just happens to be my uncle!

Seriously, it happened to a mate of mine, and he had to foot the bill, and if you don't believe that - tuff - nuff said!

10 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

Should be using a cold tar patch mix. That concrete won't last long.

But good for him for doing it.

When has lack of knowledge ever stopped a Farang from doing something?  ?

"And in a place regarded as a top tourist destination to boot."

Yes, whenever I have a long layover, I like to explore the many tourist sights near the airport.

Not.

Actually most airports are located in industrial areas, far, far away from any notable tourist destinations. ?

If you are on TVF, and you are the mystery guy fixing the roads, be a good chap and pop round to our village, we have desperate need of you.I think our head man believes that all the money given for road mending, is his personal earnings. Ive been here now some time and bugger all has been done to our bottom road.Even the dogs wont wander down there at night, for fear of being lost down a hole forever.:omfg:

7 hours ago, Suradit69 said:

As opposed to the more popular approach of farang kvetching on TV about "someone should do something."

He lives here. Why not actually do something other than whine and moan?

I have  done similar  on several; occasions. Locals  have stopped  and thanked. My reason  has been more  selfish than community oriented. It has  reduced  the horrific  rattles  and  bangs  of  vehicles bouncing over  unavoidable  potholes just outside  my  house. Worth  the  few  minutes for a little peace for  me and local appreciation..

But  not worth entering  as an item on social media.  

10 minutes ago, Dumbastheycome said:

I have  done similar  on several; occasions. Locals  have stopped  and thanked. My reason  has been more  selfish than community oriented. It has  reduced  the horrific  rattles  and  bangs  of  vehicles bouncing over  unavoidable  potholes just outside  my  house. Worth  the  few  minutes for a little peace for  me and local appreciation..

But  not worth entering  as an item on social media.  

Same as me.Covered an exposed water pipe.If a buffalo trod on it,it would blow and no water for a day or 2.Bit of concrete and still ok,2 years on.Self interest only.

7 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

There is no lack of funds, as some locals like to protest. It is just that the funds are being used to support certain individuals, headmen, and authorities, who do not deserve one baht of this money. 

No, actually that's not the way it works. The certain individuals you speak of make a living by doing projects (like repairing the roads for example). True they may get a small salary but that's not where the money is... 

good thing u doing    mister 

instead f sitting on your ass like most do in the bar   drinking all day and talk crap

good job costs nothing a bag of ecement just 2 bers less a day

just jogging peoples brain

15 hours ago, Goanna said:

I hope he has the customary tree branches out on the road to desgnate roadworks ahead....

i saw that today from Patong to Kamala, crash had happened, and my first thoughts were they had swerved to miss the fallen branch, but then i was told that was a warning sign for motorists to slow down ..who would have guessed..lol

In a hot climate, cement is the at to go, as it does not heat up and melt like ashphalt does.

Good work to this Farang for repairing a road near where he lives, the local road authority who

has a nice house and car no doubt, should be made to come and look at the repair, then explain

why it was not repaired by his crew, on Thai TV.

Geezer

They should be ashamed. The island makes billions of baht a year in tourism. It should be the model province for the rest of Thailand yet its a dump.
Phuket shouldn't be considered an international destination just because it has a shiny new airport because as shown, just 3kms away the rest if the place is crumbling.
My work contract is up at year end and I will not be renewing and will be happy to say goodbye to this problem plagued destination. I speak to guests and more than half say they won't return due to some sort of negative experience.

Sent from my EVA-L19 using Tapatalk

14 hours ago, cyberfarang said:

Your comment reeks of arrogance.

That`s all well and good, but it should work both ways. If you consider yourself a class above other westerners then go the whole hog and keep yourself to yourself and lets not hear from you, that is your choice. But the OP guy is giving himself publicity by meddling into affairs that he has no authority to take matters into his own hands and it`s not a matter of telling him how to do the repairs, it`s a case of he shouldn`t be making the repairs at all and like you better to keep himself to himself.

We don`t need westerners coming here with their bias opinions who seem to be locked into their own no man`s land believing that their ways are the right ways and everyone else is a pompous ass, as you put it  The only person who appears pompous is you.

who is "we" tonto? since i have been here I have seen western pedophiles, professional drunks, people who stake out their bar stools for eight hours at a time,bums, beggers, westerners who don't have any medical insurance and sponge off the poor Thai's, these are the people i avoid, in the U.S. they would be called  perverts, tramps, and welfare for life scum.my only biased opinion is against the westerners who come here and take advantage of the Thai people.

18 hours ago, cyberfarang said:

He is an interfering old fool who should mind his own business.

As these road repairs do not fall under the jurisdiction of the local authority, any accidents on that stretch of road whether due to his repairs or not, he could be held responsible.  Someone must have taken that photo, which means this is about publicity. If anyone tried that in the UK without being officially contracted by the council would be arrested because there are guidelines for undertaking road repairs as any amateur botch up jobs could do more harm than good.  This guy could also be billed if the local authority have to make good his work.

Westerners come here expecting the same standards as they get in their own countries, the big Farlang showing the backward Thais how to run their own country. Shaming does not work in Thailand and this type of making lose face will see this guy heading for a whole load of trouble.

What are you rambling on about?

He was just filling a few holes. He won't be arrested, he won't be liable for anything. He won't be billed for anything. He will not be in any trouble at all.

19 hours ago, elgordo38 said:

It cost M.O.N.E.Y.

The local falangs call the Soi that runs opposite the end of our Soi "that bumpy road" been like it a long time nothing done.

They are putting heaps of money into the Klong rd. which they get parts of it looking nice then let it get overgrown.

2 hours ago, kiwikeith said:

The local falangs call the Soi that runs opposite the end of our Soi "that bumpy road" been like it a long time nothing done.

They are putting heaps of money into the Klong rd. which they get parts of it looking nice then let it get overgrown.

Its easy to get something looking nice but it needs constant maintenance to keep looking that way. They are short suited when it comes to doing that its all about the short burst of publicity and then move on. There is no continuance.

Archived