Highway chief: Speeding drivers responsible for 85% of accidents

webfact

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Totally bs,accidents happen because fortuners drive on the right lane with 80 instead of 120.Also speedlimit is 120,on a  four lane motor way in a normal country  left lane would drive 90,next lane 100,3rd lane 110,right lane 120,here in thailand ,left lane nobody use or use it for passing,2nd lane drive 60 3rd lane 120,right lane [fortuner]80.This is what it makes dangerous to drive on Motorway here.In germany we have the "Autobahn' that's a motorway without speed limit on some parts,and believe it or not,more accidents happen in the city than on the motorway,besides that the discipline  and  driving skills of thais totally suck.Nobody uses a mirror,nobody use signal while changing lane,thais can't guess the speed of other cars,thais afraid to drive car in general,overcareful driving,just to a name a few examples

Of course excessive speed is the problem... I'll bet they never had as many fatalities when everyone used a wooden cart pulled by a buffalo. 

Which is what most of them think they're still driving....! 

5 hours ago, webfact said:

The worst time for accidents is 12 noon until 4pm.

Sorry Somchai......the worst time for accidents is between 00.01 A.M. and 11.59.59 P.M. .....

10 minutes ago, steve73 said:

Of course excessive speed is the problem... I'll bet they never had as many fatalities when everyone used a wooden cart pulled by a buffalo. 

Yes Steve, but the Buffaloes have more road sense.....:whistling:

Note this moron never says the cops are out there like in most Farlang countries actually doing there job and fining and or arresting these criminal moron drivers. Aside from the fact driving licence comes out of a cereal pack when having breakfast. The rules in a test are a joke eg zebra crossing-waste of paint :-)

3 hours ago, alocacoc said:

I'm sure speeding is an bigger problem than alcohol.

But, there are also plenty of cars which are driving way too slow. I don't know what's wrong with them.

You don't see many drivers speeding where I live in Isaan!

As for going slow, plenty of em!!! I reckon they are at there limit going the speed they go and incapable of driving any faster! in other words they are unfit to drive!

Yet they all manage to make as much "noise" as possible!

41 minutes ago, mrmicbkktxl said:

In germany we have the "Autobahn' that's a motorway without speed limit on some parts,and believe it or not,more accidents happen in the city than on the motorway,besides that the discipline  and  driving skills of thais totally suck.

This might be true. But I bet, much more people dying on the Autobahn. And, not to mention the heavy multiple crashes as soon some fog appears or it starts to snowing. I think there is no other country in Europe where this happen so often.

Massenkarambolage-auf-der-A31-im-Muenste

Another phenomena are the ghost drivers. Drivers who drive in the wrong direction on the Autobahn. Happen almost every day. So, I wouldn't take Germany as an example for safety roads.

31 minutes ago, steve73 said:

Oh give me forty acres and I'll turn this buffalo around. 

3 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

85% of accidents are caused by drunk policemen, falling asleep on the job !!

Don't know about drunk, but certainly not on the job. 

Archived