BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

webfact

Highway chief: Speeding drivers responsible for 85% of accidents

19 minutes ago, 55Jay said:

Those sadistic U-Turns on main highways are insane.  Like roundabouts, fine when there were less people, less cars/traffic, and Thailand was a slower place.  They are woefully inadequate now for the current and continually escalating state of society here. 

Oh and, don't forget Facebook/Texting while driving.

It´s about the virgins, believe you me.

Just like in muslim world:

Amen !

Tomorrow we will be told that the other 65% of accidents are caused by rain and vehicles that lose control. A further 45% of accidents are caused by cell phones. And the remaining 95% of accidents have been moved to inactive posts. Also, according to an impartial university survey of 1,234 people living in secret addresses somewhere in Thailand 90% blamed politicians for 125% of road accidents. Only 2% of those surveyed had ever driven a car or ridden a motorcycle, but 217% had flown an airplane.

1 hour ago, 55Jay said:

Those sadistic U-Turns on main highways are insane.  Like roundabouts, fine when there were less people, less cars/traffic, and Thailand was a slower place.  They are woefully inadequate now for the current and continually escalating state of society here. 

Oh and, don't forget Facebook/Texting while driving.

U-Turns would be fine, if all participants would be aware of the situation. There we are, at basic education .

On 3/28/2017 at 2:52 PM, DrTuner said:

Those slowbies are never included in the accident statistics. They cause accidents by forcing others to weave around them, but manage make the escape from the carnage themselves.

How exactly are they "forcing" you to weave around them? Impatience is the underlying cause for all the problems on the road, like speeding, dangerous takeovers etc.

Impatience is the underlying root cause for 99% of the accidents.

I wonder how long it's been since their radar gun has been calibrated.  If they even know how to do it.

No idea but it's no use arguing with them once they stop you. They will always win.

29 minutes ago, hobz said:

Impatience is the underlying root cause for 99% of the accidents.

Found your statement funny at first, but on the second look it came to me, not with age, but experience: If yourè in a hurry, then please go, i even close the door after you. Respect is what people startet out with, when they began to drive.

We have a stressful life, then we jump in to our vehicles, then we shoot off. . .

Stop, heres a lifethreatening situation, and we are better not so demanding here, my mind says. And if i don´t have time for that, well, my whole life is wrong then, i guess.

11 hours ago, starfish said:

Found your statement funny at first, but on the second look it came to me, not with age, but experience: If yourè in a hurry, then please go, i even close the door after you. Respect is what people startet out with, when they began to drive.

We have a stressful life, then we jump in to our vehicles, then we shoot off. . .

Stop, heres a lifethreatening situation, and we are better not so demanding here, my mind says. And if i don´t have time for that, well, my whole life is wrong then, i guess.

I can understand stress, but people are switching lanes all the time just to save 1 second or 2... let's say i'm in the right lane because I need to u-turn (yes the u-turns are insane),, im signaling right. im not driving super fast because I need to pull out onto the u-turn-thingie... now the idiot behind me,, instead of waiting 2-3 seconds until i pull right into the u-turn thing, he decides that he can't wait any longer and decides to suddenly undertake me, thus jeopardizing everybody.. 

Just look at every violation that you see on the roads (i see tens if not hundreds every time i drive) and ask yourself if impatience could be the reason behind,,, you will start to see the pattern.. 

8 hours ago, hobz said:

I can understand stress, but people are switching lanes all the time just to save 1 second or 2... let's say i'm in the right lane because I need to u-turn (yes the u-turns are insane),, im signaling right. im not driving super fast because I need to pull out onto the u-turn-thingie... now the idiot behind me,, instead of waiting 2-3 seconds until i pull right into the u-turn thing, he decides that he can't wait any longer and decides to suddenly undertake me, thus jeopardizing everybody.. 

Just look at every violation that you see on the roads (i see tens if not hundreds every time i drive) and ask yourself if impatience could be the reason behind,,, you will start to see the pattern.. 

Thankfully, all of this will soon be history, thanks to "autonomic driving", in 5 years (yes, not longer)  i will ask myself what to do until i`m there, then i finally have time to calculate all my taxes :smile: .

I´m convinced they will fill up my free time, in no time . . .

8 hours ago, hobz said:

Precisely this. 'Better five minutes late in this world than fifty years early in the next'. What's the bloody rush?

15 minutes ago, dageurreotype said:

Precisely this. 'Better five minutes late in this world than fifty years early in the next'. What's the bloody rush?

And most of the time we are not even talking about minutes. We are talking about seconds. And the overall effect is that everyone is actually loosing time because of the constant lane changing is slowing everybody down. Or worse yet, because every guy in one lane cant allow someone to come into his lane so that he will lose 5 seconds,  everybody in the other lane loses a minute waiting for the gap. 

They are truly stupid, ignorant and dare i say it, kind of uncivilized people.

35 minutes ago, starfish said:

Thankfully, all of this will soon be history, thanks to "autonomic driving", in 5 years (yes, not longer)  i will ask myself what to do until i`m there, then i finally have time to calculate all my taxes :smile: .

I´m convinced they will fill up my free time, in no time . . .

Oh, its going to be hilarious to see how idiot thai drivers will honk their horns at the autonomic cars for stopping at a red light or letting pedestrians cross. Many many accidents will happen when the autonomic cars stop when they shouldnt . Pedestrians will die when they try to cross as the autonomic car stopped in one lane while the honda city in the other lanes speeds up.

The autonomic cars better get extra reinforcement in the rear section. Oh boy im gonna eat popcorn for that one :)

9 minutes ago, hobz said:

Oh, its going to be hilarious to see how idiot thai drivers will honk their horns at the autonomic cars for stopping at a red light or letting pedestrians cross. Many many accidents will happen when the autonomic cars stop when they shouldnt . Pedestrians will die when they try to cross as the autonomic car stopped in one lane while the honda city in the other lanes speeds up.

The autonomic cars better get extra reinforcement in the rear section. Oh boy im gonna eat popcorn for that one :)

Thats all just programable, don´t you think ?

21 minutes ago, starfish said:

Thats all just programable, don´t you think ?

But they cant program the cars to run red lights and not stop for pedestrians. Damned if they dont, damned if they do.