A school in Rangsit is looking for English Teachers

English Teachers Needed for Kindergarten/ Primary school in Rangsit (45 mins from Bangkok)

Job Description

-Teaching English for Thai students
-Prepare the activities to develop study skills
-Joining and working in groups with school activities.

Requirements

1. Native English Speaker or English Speaker with standard English (Western look are preferred)
2. Age between 22-45 years old
3. University Graduate (Bachelor or Master Degree or others)
4. High responsible
5. Good presentation and communication
6. Love kids and be able to manage the class
8. Good Human relation ,polite and proper clothes

We are looking for full time and part time teachers. If you are interested please send your resume along with a recent photo of yours

to  : 

• 4 weeks later...

I know a Filipino teacher who's interested , he's been teaching in Bangkok for 7 years and are looking for a new school . He's highly qualified. I will send you the details if your school also hire Filipino teachers. 

For that kind of salary it's better to use an agency and get fresh inexperienced teachers from overseas. The teach their year or 2, then leave. No issues with the teacher licence requirements. Most long term teachers either got qualified or have left now (or work illegally), so it's hard to get good and experienced teachers. 30-40K a month now, especially in Bkk, just doesn't cut it anymore. 25-30K was a basic rate 15 years ago, and it hasn't changed much in that time. 

On 4/25/2017 at 11:24 AM, DavisH said:

For that kind of salary it's better to use an agency and get fresh inexperienced teachers from overseas. The teach their year or 2, then leave. No issues with the teacher licence requirements. Most long term teachers either got qualified or have left now (or work illegally), so it's hard to get good and experienced teachers. 30-40K a month now, especially in Bkk, just doesn't cut it anymore. 25-30K was a basic rate 15 years ago, and it hasn't changed much in that time. 

Many new foreign 'newbies' do a runner before midterms or if they stay are patently unreliable and sometimes just miss a day without so much as a phone call. This is a real dilemma for Thai schools, don't want to pay for professionals but very unhappy with what they get from the agencies...except perhaps the financial deal with the agency is advantageous to the school.

On 3/28/2017 at 2:32 PM, Ann Pailin said:

-Joining and working in groups with school activities.

What does this mean? Is this time paid hourly or not paid because part of the monthly salary? Thanks and thank you for considering people over 45 too old to work at your school. I'm sure that culls out all the undesirable folks. 

On 4/29/2017 at 6:54 PM, BruceMangosteen said:

What does this mean? Is this time paid hourly or not paid because part of the monthly salary? Thanks and thank you for considering people over 45 too old to work at your school. I'm sure that culls out all the undesirable folks. 

I have noticed this year, the age limits seem to be coming up on more job postings, it's quite funny because in every school I have ever worked in, it was always the 50+ guys who showed up everyday and made both semesters. There was always at least 1 and sometimes 2 or more 20 somethings that did a runner or even if they did stay, were very unreliable and just did not show up and turned their phone off for the day of absence.

Sad but true. This will never change in Thailand I'm afraid. I may just pack it in this year and do some privates part time. too much nonsense for this 55+ guy.

4 hours ago, tonray said:

I have noticed this year, the age limits seem to be coming up on more job postings,

Just for those unable to distinguish...it isn't as the kind member said "age limits"...it is and remains age discrimination. In addition to age there are things such as race and gender discrimination in Thai school administration and department heads, head's. All of it of course hurts the students but that's not the guiding factor. God Bless You tonray. Those discriminating, well they deserve something like a taste of humbleness. OO.

4 minutes ago, BruceMangosteen said:

Just for those unable to distinguish...it isn't as the kind member said "age limits"...it is and remains age discrimination. In addition to age there are things such as race and gender discrimination in Thai school administration and department heads, head's.

Take this recent example above:

"1. Native English Speaker or English Speaker with standard English (Western look are preferred)"

While we can leap to conclusions about what "standard English" is without broaching the discrimination line, how do you do that with "Western look are preferred"? What is "Western look" anyhow? I didn't know what discrimination really felt like until I spent time in Thailand and was discriminated against. It's a wicked vial thing which does mankind no good. At first you think it's just ignorance, but it'sw much deeper and worse than ignorance. OO.

You don't deserve teachers in your schools. You deserve nothing from us.

You need to work out your problems with your greed and racism for yourselves. Yes the students suffer when Western teachers choose to help other countries instead of Thailand, but the students suffer anyway even when we try to help you.

Eventually we learn to go where we are appreciated and respected. That is not your school. Your advert says it all about Thai education industry greed and disrespect towards the foreigner.

Your prime minister said your old retired teachers can come back to teach, so there you go: employ some old Thai teachers, that will be the solution to raise you off the bottom where every other country in your local area is better than you - and so they should be.

On 5/1/2017 at 11:55 AM, BruceMangosteen said:

Take this recent example above:

"1. Native English Speaker or English Speaker with standard English (Western look are preferred)"

While we can leap to conclusions about what "standard English" is without broaching the discrimination line, how do you do that with "Western look are preferred"? What is "Western look" anyhow? I didn't know what discrimination really felt like until I spent time in Thailand and was discriminated against. It's a wicked vial thing which does mankind no good. At first you think it's just ignorance, but it'sw much deeper and worse than ignorance. OO.

Not sure how discrimination has anything to do with small containers ? However, some people may find it vile.

7 minutes ago, muzmurray said:

Not sure how discrimination has anything to do with small containers ? However, some people may find it vile.

Spelling police are worse than grammar police. Please find part time work on the weekends mate, your obvious greater intelligence than thou and everyone else on here deserves more time in a Thai classroom. God Bless You and OO.

I may just pack it in this year and do some privates part time. too much nonsense for this 55+ guy.

I gave up teaching in Thailand and went back to teach in Myanmar, where I taught in 2012/2013.

At 58 years old, I had no problems finding an interesting and well-paid job with a school who is happy to employ me as long as I am able to do the job, regardless of my age.

Archived