83-year old woman bitten to death by a pitbull and three other dogs in Chanthaburi

webfact

83-year old woman bitten to death by a pitbull and three other dogs

230_Dog.jpg

CHANTHABURI: -- An elderly man was charged with manslaughter by the police for not chaining his dogs, allowing them to fatally attacking an 83-year old cousin in Khloong district of Chanthaburi province.

The incident took place on Sunday evening as the victim, Mrs Pram Chotiwan, was walking past the house of her cousin, 67-year old Thong-in Chotiwan, in the same neighbourhood in Tambon Troknong, when, out of a sudden, one pitbull and three other dogs rushed out of the house and attacked her until she collapsed on the road.

Neighbours then alerted rescue workers who rushed the victim to the district hospital where she was pronounced dead shortly afterward due to fatal wounds in her neck.

The dog owner, Mr Thong-in, told police that he had finished preparing food for the dogs and then left the house to attend to some business without chaining or caging the dogs. He said he was saddened when he learned that his dogs had fatally attacked his cousin and offered an apology to the victim’s family.

He promised to pay compensation to the victim’s family and to keep the dogs in cages.

Full story:  http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/83-year-old-woman-bitten-death-pitbull-three-dogs/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-03-29

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

and to keep the dogs in cages

Destroy the dogs

what an insult "oh sorry she died but I won't let them do it again"  so much Thainess

Dogs running around in packs are a REAL menace in Thailand and frighten many people (including me). Thais have NO sense of responsibility

also someone should check that ladies Will

poor old lady ....  it must have been a horrible experience. RIP.

How many dog attacks is it going to take before tougher laws are put in place   ?

Also, soi dogs need culling so that is safe for folks to walk around. 

Come on Khun Prayuth ....  

In my village of only 40 houses, there are 3 houses that have 6 pitbulls between them, on a couple of occasions the gates have been left open for 2 of these menaces to wander the village, coming to my gate and trying to get to our small dog. Why people feel the need to keep these monsters is beyond me, is it to make up for their own inadequacies?

Just now, JerryinTH said:

No vet will put any of the dogs down. They even refuse this on terminal ill dogs. 

Had to watch our pitbull literally waste away on a drip while paying a fortune every day to the pet clinic.. was tragic for the kids. 

Can you give me a logical explanation as to why you would want to own a pitbull?

6 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Can you give me a logical explanation as to why you would want to own a pitbull?

There is no point in arguing about that. It's like arguing with a gun owner - you have your opinion, I have mine. 

The kids grew up with the dog, he was very well trained (dog school) and socialized with other dogs. He never bit anyone and was part of our family like any other dog would have been. 

We live a very active lifestyle (cycling, running) and the dog was a great addition to our family. 

Not everyone with a pitbull has tattoos, gets drunk until 5am and fights with his neighbors. 

17 minutes ago, JerryinTH said:

There is no point in arguing about that. It's like arguing with a gun owner - you have your opinion, I have mine. 

The kids grew up with the dog, he was very well trained (dog school) and socialized with other dogs. He never bit anyone and was part of our family like any other dog would have been. 

We live a very active lifestyle (cycling, running) and the dog was a great addition to our family. 

Not everyone with a pitbull has tattoos, gets drunk until 5am and fights with his neighbors. 

I would agree many of them don't have tattoos.

2 minutes ago, overherebc said:

I would agree many of them don't have tattoos.

You don't have to have a tattoo to be a redneck. IMO only 4 kinds of people own pitbulls, rednecks, outlaw motorcyclists and gangbangers, and those with short peckers.

I can come up with hundreds of rules how to tackle safety problems like this, including hotlines to the animal police, mandatory training courses for all dogs, police checking the facilities in your house regularly, but its all useless as nobody gives a <deleted>. 

One more death, one more payment needed for compensation, on to the next...

16 minutes ago, giddyup said:

You don't have to have a tattoo to be a redneck. IMO only 4 kinds of people own pitbulls, rednecks, outlaw motorcyclists and gangbangers, and those with short peckers.

To each their own. The same can be said about Harley drivers. 

As mentioned before, it's pointless to argue about this. 

1 minute ago, JerryinTH said:

To each their own. The same can be said about Harley drivers. 

As mentioned before, it's pointless to argue about this. 

A Harley isn't going to escape from a yard and kill someone.

Should have the barsteward dogs put down, but of course that will not happen because tit and the Thais believe it is a sin against Buddha to do that.

Same with lethal snakes, they catch them then take them to a field somewhere and let them loose again.

Next time it might be a member of your family killed, or a young child somewhere.

Just a pathetic and sad joke of Thai culture.

1 hour ago, JerryinTH said:

No vet will put any of the dogs down. They even refuse this on terminal ill dogs. 

Had to watch our pitbull literally waste away on a drip while paying a fortune every day to the pet clinic.. was tragic for the kids. 

I'm glad there is one less pit bull .......

This happens time and time again.. and nearly always with this same breed of dog - all over the world.   How can people still justify allowing this dog breed to continue?!

I don't mean going around and destroying all pit bulls alive today... but I mean sterilize them all so no future generations can be born.  That way the people who have loved pets which are well trained and good temperament don't need to get their dogs taken away.

That the owner was only 'saddened' by the death of his cousin is pathetic.  If my dog had killed someone I could not live with myself... or the dog.

Some humans are totally selfish and / or stupid!  If is was that family I would not give a toss about his 'offer of an apology'.  I would demand justice.

1 hour ago, giddyup said:

In my village of only 40 houses, there are 3 houses that have 6 pitbulls between them, on a couple of occasions the gates have been left open for 2 of these menaces to wander the village, coming to my gate and trying to get to our small dog. Why people feel the need to keep these monsters is beyond me, is it to make up for their own inadequacies?

3 houses have 6 pitbulls  ......  thats ridiculous.

not a good environment to be around and unfortunately you can't do much about it ....  not even a note in the mailbox to remind them the dogs must be chained or locked in their yard ... as i'm sure that would fall on deaf ears.

44 minutes ago, Bob12345 said:

I can come up with hundreds of rules how to tackle safety problems like this, including hotlines to the animal police, mandatory training courses for all dogs, police checking the facilities in your house regularly, but its all useless as nobody gives a F***. 

One more death, one more payment needed for compensation, on to the next...

'mandatory training for owners who want a dog they can't handle' 

the Thais are astonished to see me carrying a big stick with me, now when the local dogs see me they get the point. they say "oh dog no problem" i say "have you had them vaccinated for rabies"? no clue. asinine Country, primitive superstitious people

3 hours ago, LannaGuy said:

and to keep the dogs in cages

Destroy the dogs

what an insult "oh sorry she died but I won't let them do it again"  so much Thainess

Dogs running around in packs are a REAL menace in Thailand and frighten many people (including me). Thais have NO sense of responsibility

also someone should check that ladies Will

Charged with manslaughter, will that stick after compensation, a joke.

Pitt bulls are now banned in NZ, I don't care what anyone says they are lethal and can turn at any time, even years after people owning one they turned  on my friend and ripped his hand to shreds after he tried to stop his pit-bull killing a pet rabbit at a friends house.

They have killed and maimed children, babies their owners and innocent public.

They should be banned.

Thailand has a big dog problem, every time I walk I get approached by dogs and barked at, people get bitten by mangy soi dogs every day yet nothing ever happens .

It is straight out irresponsibility of the one's who should be controlling dog laws in this country.

Archived