amusement park in phuket?

vistascape

That's why 70% of first time visitors never return to Phuket. There just isn't enough for families on the island. Factor in the bad experiences also and that what's you get.
These are numbers hidden by TAT. They just target lower quality markets to hit their continual economy hurting goals of arrival numbers. They care for nothing else.

Sent from my EVA-L19 using Tapatalk

That's why 70% of first time visitors never return to Phuket. There just isn't enough for families on the island. Factor in the bad experiences also and that what's you get.
These are numbers hidden by TAT. They just target lower quality markets to hit their continual economy hurting goals of arrival numbers. They care for nothing else.

I see many returning families. Any sources for your number?

sent using Tapatalk

How old are the kids? There are places like Fantasea, The Water Cable park, Extreme Jungle (zip lines), Splash Jungle, dirt bikes, jungle treks, paint ball, elephant camps, bird parks, monkey and snake shows, and of course there is Phang nga Bay with scores of Islands and beaches to visit and frolic on.

I see many returning families. Any sources for your number?

sent using Tapatalk

I'm employed at the Movepick resort. We have a satisfaction survey that customers fill out to ensure we can improve facilities or services for when they return.
A vast majority don't want to fill it out because they have no intention of returning to Phuket. The ones that do fill it out complain about the usual stuff. Rip offs, taxi rudeness.
Families stay in the Kata and Karon area to avoid the Patong filth but it's crept over the mountain.
Families spend more money on taxis to reach these so called attractions.
2500 baht return from Karon Movenpick to Tiger kingdom. It's more than the attraction itself.

I have tried to put a positive spin on Phuket to all our guests but I've given up defending the place.
My contract is up and I declined to reapply. They want me to stay but it's just not worth the stress. The locals just don't care about anyone but themselves.
I've worked in Jamaica where it's much like Phuket but nowhere near as bad as this. They care and protect their visitors. It's engrained in their culture.
Phukets culture is take take take and take some more.

You can defend it all you like, you're invested here longterm so I understand.
I just hope you haven't got all your eggs in one basket.

I'm employed at the Movepick resort. We have a satisfaction survey that customers fill out to ensure we can improve facilities or services for when they return.

A vast majority don't want to fill it out because they have no intention of returning to Phuket. The ones that do fill it out complain about the usual stuff. Rip offs, taxi rudeness.

Families stay in the Kata and Karon area to avoid the Patong filth but it's crept over the mountain.

2500 baht return from Karon Movenpick to Tiger kingdom. It's more than the attraction itself.

I have tried to put a positive spin on Phuket to all our guests but I've given up defending the place.

My contract is up and I declined to reapply. They want me to stay but it's just not worth the stress. The locals just don't care about anyone but themselves.

I've worked in Jamaica where it's much like Phuket but nowhere near as bad as this. They care and protect their visitors. It's engrained in their culture.

Thanks, don't think your survey is representative though. My experiences, even less representative, are far more positive.

Good luck in your new venture.

I thought Jamaica extremely unsafe btw, would never consider returning there.

sent using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, sebastion said:

2500 baht from Karon to Tiger Kingdom return, i know people who will do it for a lot lower price than that, is there a middleman in that price, probably with out checking 1500 baht both ways including waiting time

40 minutes ago, madmax2 said:

2500 baht from Karon to Tiger Kingdom return, i know people who will do it for a lot lower price than that, is there a middleman in that price, probably with out checking 1500 baht both ways including waiting time

I was going to say the same andI know drivers who will do it for a third of that original price. They can easily double their takings in commissions. 

I have no idea whether Moevenpick have their own, now banned of course, taxi "mafia".

Dear Thai Visa community,

My name is Stefano, Marketing & Communications Manager at the Movenpick Resort & Spa Karon Beach Phuket. I stumbled upon this thread and must say I am very confused by what “Sebastion” had to say. First off, no employee matching his profile picture or name (if he’s using his real name and picture?)  has been hired by either of the  Movenpick resorts in Phuket (Karon and Bang Tao). Saying that a trip to Tiger Kingdom costs more than THB 2,500 is obviously wrong, considering it is almost twice as much as an airport transfer. We take pride in providing the best value and service to our guests and would appreciate if Sebastion could stop mentioning alternative facts on behalf of a company he is not employed by.

Have a great day ahead!

Stefano C.

My name is Stefano, Marketing & Communications Manager at the Movenpick Resort & Spa Karon Beach Phuket. I stumbled upon this thread and must say I am very confused by what “Sebastion” had to say. First off, no employee matching his profile picture or name (if he’s using his real name and picture?)  has been hired by either of the  Movenpick resorts in Phuket (Karon and Bang Tao). Saying that a trip to Tiger Kingdom costs more than THB 2,500 is obviously wrong, considering it is almost twice as much as an airport transfer. We take pride in providing the best value and service to our guests and would appreciate if Sebastion could stop mentioning alternative facts on behalf of a company he is not employed by.

Have a great day ahead!
Stefano C.

This is the same guy that posted that he sees me everyday, scary!! he also mentioned he was going to work at Movenpick, strange person!

Sent from my SM-G610F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

3 hours ago, stefanocolombo said:

Have a great day ahead!

Stefano C.

so one of ya is lying :-)  how does one sign up and "stumble" on this thread and make ur first post.

so one of ya is lying :-)  how does one sign up and "stumble" on this thread and make ur first post.

Great question; I'm using Google Alerts, a free service by Google that notifies me anytime the name Mövenpick is found on the internet. First post indeed, as I've never contributed to this website before. Hope I've shed some lights on the subject :) also, feel free to stop by at Mövenpick Karon to say hi; I'll be there, Sebastion won't

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Archived