Permaculture Designer

I couldn't find any info regarding this on the site, so apologies if this has been done before.

Basically, I'm looking for contact details for any permaculture designers in Thailand, specifically Isaan.

I know of a few places in the area, but they seem to be more akin to hippy hangouts than somewhere where I can hire and expert to draw up designs for my land (happy to be proven wrong though). I'm not interested in going on a course at one of these places.

So, we have:

Gaia Ashram, Nong Khai

Rak Tamachat, Korat

Mindfulness Project, Khon Kaen

If anyone knows of any places or people who are proven permaculture designers, I'd very much appreciate some contact details.

I have some books on permaculture design if you are interested. There are many schools of thought on this subject so good to  read up on it first.

I have a bunch of books and films. Most are geared towards temperate climates but a few cover the tropics. For me, that will be useful when I have to run the farm, but I believe that getting a design from someone with good local experience will save me time and money.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Why do you need a designer? If you aren't prepared to do it yourself, make mistakes, learn, and maybe become Thailand's biggest permaculture expert, then maybe you aren't ready.
I also wish you luck.

Hmmm.... OK.

Sent from my SM-T815Y using Tapatalk

I used a professional landscape designer (in Chiang Mai, where the Ag school is quite good). It wasn't a permaculture project but she incorporated self sufficiency principles from the King (much more elaborated than I known about, and consistent with permaculture principles). That is one way to get away from the hippyness I also have seen at several permaculture centers. 

For information in the future (or research now) look up the permaculture center in Ulapalakua Maui, since it is in the tropics (although at about 3,500 feet?).

I used a professional landscape designer (in Chiang Mai, where the Ag school is quite good). It wasn't a permaculture project but she incorporated self sufficiency principles from the King (much more elaborated than I known about, and consistent with permaculture principles). That is one way to get away from the hippyness I also have seen at several permaculture centers. 

For information in the future (or research now) look up the permaculture center in Ulapalakua Maui, since it is in the tropics (although at about 3,500 feet?).

Do you have any more info regarding the woman designer you used?

Thanks for the heads up about the place in Maui. I've watched quite a few videos from farms in Hawaii and found them very inspiring.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Archived