Is There Graft In Thailand?

brahmburgers

Am located in Chiang Rai, northernmost Thailand. I have tried a few grafting techniques and only had moderate success. Primary focus are Avocado, but also have some citrus to graft. I've heard lemon and lime are good rootstocks in that they don't reject other scions for other cittus. Am low income, so could possibly arrange some sort of trade - if someone (Thai or farang) were to come to my property around Songkran time to assist with this. Number of grafts; between 30 and 100.

Yea, I had thought of doing it the old-fashioned way - and just ask around at local plant nurseries. Fair enough. I'd still like to find a source of top-quality avocado scions (top parts) to get grafted on to the several dozen avo rootstocks

I have on on hand. The closest avo tree I've ever seen is a solitary 'bacon' variety I once saw growing at a Royal grant farm north of Chiang Mai. If anyone knows of a good quality mature (producting) tree anywhere closer to Chiang Rai, please let me know. It seems rather crazy to drive 10 hours to get a few scions. Especially when we read on the internet that there are hundreds of hectares of avo orchards in northernmost Thailand (which is patently untrue). Indeed there's probably only one hectare, and that's on my little lonesome plot of land.

Brahm.......somewhere near you will be an old guy who sells mango tree saplings from his farm/plot. He will have grafted all these himself.

Ask your local Poo Yai Baan. Up in Chaing Mai he will probably do citrus too.

Regards