Boy, 3, beaten by stepfather in care after social media outrage

webfact

Boy, 3, beaten by stepfather in care after social media outrage

2pm2.jpg

Picture: Daily News

BANGKOK: -- The power of social media helped a three year old boy who had been mercilessly beaten by his step father.

A member of the public had seen the boy in Samut Prakarn with his mother and had taken pictures that were shared by an enraged public. The pictures appeared on the fanpage Dr. K v.3, reported Daily News.

Now the Paweena Hongsakul foundation has taken up the case. The step father who inflicted the wounds on three year old "Ort" is in custody.

Ort had multiple lacerations on his back and a bad cut to his face.

The mother - who had said that she did not dare report the attacks on her son because she was concerned for her own safety - is a drug taker as well as the step father.

She has been admitted to rehab.

The little boy has been taken into care in Samut Prakarn after the case emerged in the Bang Sao Thong district of the province.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-03-31

However questionable the quality of care the authorities here provide it must be leagues above what this poor young kid is used to, I sincerely hope he gets the care and love he deserves as soon as possible.. And as for the abuser, I hope the cops rough him up properly before hopefully shipping him off for decades inside.
It's a shame the Thai inmates are unlike the Latin American cons because this rat would be dead within the hour. Very sad state of affairs all round this one

14 minutes ago, steven100 said:

scum ....  a totally lost family .... she deserves jail not rehab .... 

Don't think jail would help her although rehab might in the long term, if they can sort her out, the boy will be better off with mum than in some institution somewhere. Friends of mine adopted a boy from Thailand who had spent about 5 years in institutions, he was / is a major problem - after about 5 years of care he is on the mend but still with many problems, some of which he might never overcome. 

I say it again....people make their feelings clear about situations such as this.....but little is said by same people when so called respectable people  in "suits" blow and maime innocent children and their families to kingdom come in certain parts of the world on a daily basis.

It that what is meant by "double standards".

52 minutes ago, Artisi said:

Don't think jail would help her although rehab might in the long term, if they can sort her out, the boy will be better off with mum than in some institution somewhere. Friends of mine adopted a boy from Thailand who had spent about 5 years in institutions, he was / is a major problem - after about 5 years of care he is on the mend but still with many problems, some of which he might never overcome. 

We are looking after a kid while the holidays are on.He is staying with his mate our nephew who also stays with us,only because mum and dad work so much and odd hours.Anyway the kids dad comes around yesterday arvo,smashed on lao khao.He was ok,and i nice bloke,especially sober but the poor kid was shattered when all his peers saw his dad.I just wanted to put my arm around him and reassure him,but resisted the urge on being labelled something i'm not.

<deleted>!?!?!? drugs made the mother and stepfather extremely stupid to not just let someone else raise the child. if the mother cannot or does not want to take care of the boy, just let someone else take care of him. the least she can  do is protect him from harm.

7 minutes ago, dotpoom said:

I say it again....people make their feelings clear about situations such as this.....but little is said by same people when so called respectable people  in "suits" blow and maime innocent children and their families to kingdom come in certain parts of the world on a daily basis.

No that's collateral damage.

6 hours ago, darksidedog said:

This is utterly appalling. How on earth can anyone do that to such a little kid? I would like 5 minutes in a room with this evil POS. Jail is too good for him.

Let me know if you find out where he lives I will gladly go with you. I will bring the shovel and do the digging for you too.

Sad to read about such a young family where each of them seems to be victims in different ways and as a result of that fact find themselves in an urgent need of professional therapy...at least good that it was discovered before more harm had happened...

7 hours ago, darksidedog said:

This is utterly appalling. How on earth can anyone do that to such a little kid? I would like 5 minutes in a room with this evil POS. Jail is too good for him.

Let us maul together matey, I hate bullies and this is worse than that . . . half an hour would be better.

1 hour ago, dotpoom said:

Or the so called respectable people just sit back and do nothing and they are damned for that too. 

7 hours ago, z42 said:

However questionable the quality of care the authorities here provide it must be leagues above what this poor young kid is used to, I sincerely hope he gets the care and love he deserves as soon as possible.. And as for the abuser, I hope the cops rough him up properly before hopefully shipping him off for decades inside.
It's a shame the Thai inmates are unlike the Latin American cons because this rat would be dead within the hour. Very sad state of affairs all round this one

Don't know why you think the Thai inmates are any different. I don't think the life expectancy of child abusers in Thai prisons is very high. Many of the most violent prisoners suffered appalling abuse as children and don't greet new offenders with wine and roses.

Poor boy. So sad this shit happens around the planet. My future (current) ex wife comes from a neighbourhood that would not tolerate this abuse in the community. Hard cnuts down nakhon si thammarat sort stepfather scum like this <deleted> out straight away. Hopefully you will get love and support in your future young boy,

Well done by the member of the public who saw the injuries and reported it: no small thing to do in a culture which demands people ignore the obvious and walk on by. Bravo to her.

In Australia's most notorious case of child abuse ( 2 year old Daniel Valerio, beaten to death by his stepfather, Paul Leslie Aiton, aka the most hated man in the country) the little boy had injuries doctors described as similar to those suffered in car accidents. 21 health professionals had seen the boy in the 2 months prior to his death; not one of them reported any suspicions.

The case led to mandatory reporting of suspected child abuse; it is now a criminal offence to fail to report. The system is not without faults but has been largely successful in the 27 years since Daniels death.

Thailand needs something similar, IMHO.

4 hours ago, steven100 said:

scum ....  a totally lost family .... she deserves jail not rehab .... 

Yup, she can learn to cold turkey in jail. That is her rehab! And he should be locked away in the monkey house for a long time.

5 hours ago, louse1953 said:

We are looking after a kid while the holidays are on.He is staying with his mate our nephew who also stays with us,only because mum and dad work so much and odd hours.Anyway the kids dad comes around yesterday arvo,smashed on lao khao.He was ok,and i nice bloke,especially sober but the poor kid was shattered when all his peers saw his dad.I just wanted to put my arm around him and reassure him,but resisted the urge on being labelled something i'm not.

no need to put your arm if that's how you feel, but surely words of comfort - even if they were translated would go a long way to ease the poor little buggers concerns,  or talk to him later when things have settled a bit. 

people  think its their right to have  kids...........unbelievable, from what Ive seen of Thai childcare they seem to not care in many cases, only today sat in a  Pizza place parents with  their young kids 4-5 yrs  old, kids  allowed to climb all over the seats as if it was a climbing frame, all the while parents head  buried in phone, I was waiting for one to  fall off and smash their head on something.................they make me puke

5 hours ago, wvavin said:

Pet care seems better than this.

actually its  not, thats the "appearance" of pet care where the Thais  tell you they "love" animals, yet all they do is feed them and nothing  more, many of the dogs are  riddled with  all sorts of things, no humane euthanizing done either

Archived