So How Do You Get Warm?

sceadugenga

With reference to my earlier post, where would you buy some sort of basic heating device in Chiang Rai. I'm prepared to consider wood, gas or electricity powered as long as it would be suitable for inside the house and relatively easy to install.

I know all about sharing body heat, thanks guys.

With reference to my earlier post, where would you buy some sort of basic heating device in Chiang Rai. I'm prepared to consider wood, gas or electricity powered as long as it would be suitable for inside the house and relatively easy to install.

split cycle airconditioners will do the trick. Cold air in summer and hot air in winter. They really are worth the effort.

You can buy themn at เยี่ยมสวัสดิ์ yiyam sawat out past Big C on the right hand side.

Hope this helps. :o

split cycle airconditioners will do the trick. Cold air in summer and hot air in winter. They really are worth the effort.

You can buy themn at เยี่ยมสวัสดิ์ yiyam sawat out past Big C on the right hand side.

Hope this helps. :o

Thanks ItR, I was thinking of something a little more basic. I'm not a big fan of aircon, it messes my sinuses up on the cold cycle and it's not worth it for an hour in the mornings a couple of months of the year for heating.

Sinthanee Electronics sometimes has little electric heaters - I got mine for the last cold spell this bad 7 years ago - last one in town when I got it!!! Maybe 4 or 5000 baht. Mine is nice, but seldom used.

Charcoal heaters of baked clay produce carbon monoxide...

How do I get warm?

1. Wear a jacket, hat, and slippers

2.a. Sit in the pickup with the windows rolled up in the sunshine.

2.b. Sit in the sunshine in a spot sheltered from the wind...like my bedroom's balcony.

3. Physical exertion.....aka "work" or "exercise".

4. Hot shower.

5. Hot tea.

Apply any one or any combination of the above. It is recommended to remove the jacket, hat, and slippers before showering and also probably best to not shower in the pickup.

Chownah

It was really great yesterday.

I went to visit a friend in a village to have a late afternoon beer (the villages are great between 4 and 6, everybody suddenly goes to the local market), but it was cold, bloody cold. The air felt actually colder than the beer. And I had forgotten to take my jacket with me.

Back in town I decided to have a last one on the open but heated terrace of the only pub in this town which has such a one (Old Dutch). It felt like a very pleasant sensation after freezing for some hours. It is enormous effective.

It works with gaz, so I suppose you can't have it inside the house.

'They' say it is even getting colder:

Chiang Rai declared a disaster area as temperatures plummet

Plunging temperatures have prompted local authorities in Chiang Rai

to declare the province a disaster area.

Kittirat Sornsue, chief of the Chiang Rai provincial office of

disaster prevention and mitigation, said hundreds of thousands of

Chiang Rai residents are in need of blankets and warm clothes.

Up to 150,000 blankets and 800,000 items of warm clothing are

needed.

Temperatures in Chiang Rai have dropped and will continue to do so

until Jan 20, he said.

Yesterday morning, the temperature was measured at 12.7 degrees

Celsius in the town of Chiang Rai and nine degrees at Doi Tung

mountain, said Mr Kittirat.

Link to Bangkok Post article:

http://www.bangkokpost.com/191206_News/19Dec2006_news21.php

Time to find myself a girlfriend ...

Limbo :o

So How Do You Get Warm?

1 Go to the Gym/Fitness in the evening(8-10 pm) after i have finished my work

2 Take a warm shower there :D

3 Wrapping myself with a thick blanket

4 Dreaming about a hot guy :o (mostly, i dream about nothing)

Thanks BambinA, I walk three or four Kms with the dog morning and night which warms me and him up. I like a hot shower as well but the water comes straight out of the mountains and takes a bit of warming up these days. As for dreaming about a hot guy? Well....... hopefully I won't go that way in my old age.

We purchased an electric ceramic heater at Big C for about 380 Baht and it works fine. It is only 8" x6" but does the trick, heats the whole bedroom just fine.

I tried cuddling with my wife to keep warm but she kept wanting to put her ice cold feet on me to warm up! :o