Amazing Thailand! Stunning lady boys stars of the show as army recruitment begins

webfact

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

I can't speak for the motivations of the Thai military leaders on the subject.

I also have no idea about the big cut stats or not. It would be interesting if people have credible info on that though. I was talking about the stats for quite young people, which it's logical to just assume must be very low. It's such a massive decision and not cheap either. That's not something very many people under 18 are going to do even if legal underage (not sure about that either).

A cultural difference between transgender people in Thailand vs. the west is that in Thailand the political issue has not been a strong desire to be treated as equals with the civil right to serve if fit. The big issue here was getting the military to stop officially branding the transgender people as mentally ill to justify the exemption, which stigmatized their life prospects in civilian society permanently. That was horribly unjust. The last I heard that goal had been achieved.

Thoughtful reply. But, I kind of thought that serving a term in the army under a dictatorial, and maniacal drill sergeant, and other such officers, would be a burden, and not something many would get much out of. Am I missing something here? Avoiding mandatory service is a good thing, right? Just ask Trump. He sure enjoyed avoiding military service, with his five deferments. 

3 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Thoughtful reply. But, I kind of thought that serving a term in the army under a dictatorial, and maniacal drill sergeant, and other such officers, would be a burden, and not something many would get much out of. Am I missing something here? Avoiding mandatory service is a good thing, right? Just ask Trump. He sure enjoyed avoiding military service, with his five deferments. 

I think it's fair to say that the vast majority of Thai young men would rather not serve under the draft system here. Different countries mean different situations. Another aspect is that Thailand does have active conflicts.

Perhaps the political aspect would be different if Thailand didn't have a draft. Then perhaps transgender Thais would be seeking at least the option of serving if otherwise fit. 

• 1 month later...
On 4/3/2017 at 12:07 PM, Peterw42 said:

Using the same argument, how can they sleep in the girls barracks ? It could cause quiet a stir in the communal showers if they still have their bits.

YES and MANY of them do.  And if they have been taking the right hormone shots, their bits are BIg as well as their breasts.  That might be fun for a LOT of the guys.

Archived