Vietjet Air -- Reviews

ricklev

3 hours ago, LorraineC said:

I am currently in the throes of trying to cancel a flight and ask for a refund as my partner has had a motorbike accident in Thailand (we are both from UK and staying in Thailand for 3 months as tourists).We were due to fly on 26.2.19 and return 7.3.19 from Chiang Mai to Ho Chi Minh City. 
He has suffered 5 broken ribs, fractured shoulder and punctured lung three weeks ago, hospitalised for 5 days and with several follow up consultant appointments ongoing two of them being 26.3.19 and the other 7.3.19 for more x ray and a consultation. 
I have sent all relevant documents over the last two weeks to Vietjat Air when it became apparent going to Vietnam for a week was impossible sending, medical statements, discharge papers, photographs of the injuries and X rays, and the last appointment as requested by the airline I asked the consultant for an 'unfit to fly' official document which he graciously produced stating that cabin pressure would be dangerous etc etc
I sent a copy to them and NOW they are requesting more documentation ie the hospital bills we have incurred (which of course I have because I have to send to the insuraners for our medical insurance to cover coats) but why would they need these ?
They also wanted to see marriage certificate to prove we are a couple, we have been together for 20 years and are not married, we are in our 50’s and we are not teenage backpackers (also we are on holiday in Thailand, why would we carry such a document with us) I sent both UK driving licences with the same address in the UK on it and this morning they replied that this wasn't proof 
Their customer service is atrocious they could have easily resold the seats over the last two weeks and gave us both a refund or at least refunded my partners seat without all this fuss. I even suggested they could issue a voucher code valid for 12 months that we could use in the future as we will return to Asia by the end of 2019 but this logical solution has been ignored
I also tried to say at the beginning that if we could fly, we would, and that we are both suck in an apartment 24/7 as we can't go anywhere as my partner is in recovery, not the best holiday we have had in Asia in the 15 years we have been travelling here
They have just added to the stress of the whole situation and really in the greater scheme of things it’s not an awful lot of money (as they are only looking at my partners booking not mine) and out of pure common decency and compassion never mind good customer relations they should be more professional. I will continue to try and get this resolved as now it is the principle of the situation

"I sent a copy to them and NOW they are requesting more documentation ie the hospital bills we have incurred (which of course I have because I have to send to the insuraners for our medical insurance to cover coats) but why would they need these ?'

Perhaps they want very clear / absolute proof that your claims are genuine?

My guess is that airlines like many many organizations are wary of possible scams and I don't blame for wanting absolute proof.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/30/2018 at 4:26 PM, Onefynebarraza said:

Unexpected baggage fee

We ordered these tickets ahead of time and there was no mention of a checked bag fee. When we arrived to the check in counter, we had to pay 1000.00 baht per bag! Not only were we inconvenienced by the fee but we also had to leave the long line and go up 2 stories, wait in another line to pay and then go down stairs and wait in line again to show our proof of purchase so they could release the boarding passes they had confiscated! Worst experience ever! We did not even receive any empathy from the attendant. I made sure to check my future flight plans to make sure we did not have any Viet Jet Air.com flights so I could cancel them and change to a different airline. I will NEVER fly with them again, NEVER!!

image.jpg

Did you not read the website, It's all very clear!

8 hours ago, LorraineC said:

I am currently in the throes of trying to cancel a flight and ask for a refund as my partner has had a motorbike accident in Thailand (we are both from UK and staying in Thailand for 3 months as tourists).We were due to fly on 26.2.19 and return 7.3.19 from Chiang Mai to Ho Chi Minh City. 
He has suffered 5 broken ribs, fractured shoulder and punctured lung three weeks ago, hospitalised for 5 days and with several follow up consultant appointments ongoing two of them being 26.3.19 and the other 7.3.19 for more x ray and a consultation. 
I have sent all relevant documents over the last two weeks to Vietjat Air when it became apparent going to Vietnam for a week was impossible sending, medical statements, discharge papers, photographs of the injuries and X rays, and the last appointment as requested by the airline I asked the consultant for an 'unfit to fly' official document which he graciously produced stating that cabin pressure would be dangerous etc etc
I sent a copy to them and NOW they are requesting more documentation ie the hospital bills we have incurred (which of course I have because I have to send to the insuraners for our medical insurance to cover coats) but why would they need these ?
They also wanted to see marriage certificate to prove we are a couple, we have been together for 20 years and are not married, we are in our 50’s and we are not teenage backpackers (also we are on holiday in Thailand, why would we carry such a document with us) I sent both UK driving licences with the same address in the UK on it and this morning they replied that this wasn't proof 
Their customer service is atrocious they could have easily resold the seats over the last two weeks and gave us both a refund or at least refunded my partners seat without all this fuss. I even suggested they could issue a voucher code valid for 12 months that we could use in the future as we will return to Asia by the end of 2019 but this logical solution has been ignored
I also tried to say at the beginning that if we could fly, we would, and that we are both suck in an apartment 24/7 as we can't go anywhere as my partner is in recovery, not the best holiday we have had in Asia in the 15 years we have been travelling here
They have just added to the stress of the whole situation and really in the greater scheme of things it’s not an awful lot of money (as they are only looking at my partners booking not mine) and out of pure common decency and compassion never mind good customer relations they should be more professional. I will continue to try and get this resolved as now it is the principle of the situation

Wouldn't it be more straightforward to claim the lost fare from your travel insurer for interruption of trip? Trying to get a refund from budget airline is bound to be an exercise in frustration. Anyway, sounds like your partner had a nasty accident; I hope he recovers quickly.

On 2/24/2019 at 1:48 PM, LorraineC said:

I have sent all relevant documents over the last two weeks to Vietjet Air when it became apparent going to Vietnam for a week was impossible sending, medical statements, discharge papers, photographs of the injuries and X rays, and the last appointment as requested by the airline I asked the consultant for an 'unfit to fly' official document which he graciously produced stating that cabin pressure would be dangerous etc etc
I sent a copy to them and NOW they are requesting more documentation ie the hospital bills we have incurred (which of course I have because I have to send to the insurance company for our medical insurance to cover costs) but why would they need these ?

Surprise, surprise their answer: 

Dear Sir/ Madam,  

First, we found that your discharge date was 06th of February. Secondly, one of papers of doctor note that "The patient should rest at home for 1 more week after discharged from hospital 07FEB19 - 14FEB19", meanwhile your departure date is 26th of February, moreover it has no hospital stamp on it. Finally, once again we really regret that we cannot support to give you a refund.
In case you want to get your airport tax refund, we have our own way to give money back to your Master card which you used to make the payment for ticket #73973352.

Thank you.

*For fastest support , please call +8419001886
Best Regards,
Vo Thi Bich Tram (Ms.) | Vietjet Air’s Callcenter 

I’ll never take them.  Last May, I booked on a U.S. site, one travel, a r/t from Bkk to CNX for about $50.  I was looking for outbound April 20, returning May 5 (I flew into BKK from LAX on April 20 and flew back to LAX on May 6).  I was coming up with prices around $90-100 and was refreshing my search for about 5 minutes when the $50 price came up.  I booked it and the itinerary came up with a return to BKK in September. I immediately called One Travel and they contacted Vietair but they refused to cancel it.  They lost a customer for life.  By the way, I usually ship my luggage to Chiangmai by train both ways, so I can fly, save time and sleep in my home instead of not sleeping on the train.

Archived