Taxi wars! Bangkok cabbies warned to "stay off our patch" by Pattaya drivers

webfact

Taxi wars! Bangkok cabbies warned to "stay off our patch" by Pattaya drivers

7pm.jpg

Picture: 77Jowo

PATTAYA: -- Taxi drivers in Pattaya have warned Bangkok cabbies to stay away claiming that drivers from the capital are ripping off the public.

The claims were made by a Pattaya drivers' association after a video emerged last week of an altercation in Soi 5 Pattaya 2 in which a Bangkok cabbie was attacked.

Suparit Bunsai, 37, of Pla Loma (Dolphin) taxis told 77Jowo reporters that Pattaya drivers have their own price structure for trips to the capital so that customers are not taken advantage of.

He said drivers in the resort charge 800 to 1000 baht while Bangkok cabs who are called using the Line application charge 1,200 baht.

"We say that is a rip off", said Suparit as he advised Bangkok cabbies to stay away from the resort.

Source: 77Jowo

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-04-04

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, rvdk said:

Pattaya taxi's are scumbags, they don't want the Bangkok drivers because the Bangkok guys drive you back to Bangkok for 800 baht. 

last Songkran I was in Pattaya trying to get back to nonthaburi. I could not get a cab to the bus station from Na Klua for under 300 baht! I had waited about 90 minutes. Eventually a Bangkok cabbie stopped and took me to Nonthaburi, to my door for 500 baht!

33 minutes ago, rvdk said:

Pattaya taxi's are scumbags, they don't want the Bangkok drivers because the Bangkok guys drive you back to Bangkok for 800 baht. 

they're all scumbags ....  but UBER, All Thai Taxi's and the other one are good ...

BKK taxis and Pattaya cabs are cheats and don't use them...

Too funny.....

I guess the Pattaya Taxi drivers forgot everything is negotiable in Thailand, especially if you can speak a little Thai and you are not with a lady 40 years younger!

I've been to Pattaya many times recently over the last 11 years and negotiated with Bangkok taxi drivers and they have always reduced their initial quote for me.

Of course you have to be polite, smile, tell them you don't work and have little money and will use them in the future.  I always ask for their cell number.

If you tip them they will always remember you!

Then ask next time, "same, same price?"

"No problem!!"  Is the response.....

A Pattaya taxi will take you to BKK for 800 to 1000b - Bullxxxx ,those guys are thieves, just remember a Pattaya taxi is blue and yellow and a Bangkok taxi is green and yellow or they can be one color , like all orange, all pink ,all green -ect. Now you know the difference ,if you see a Bangkok taxi in Pattaya empty he will be on his way back mostly just after lunch you see most of them going back to Bangkok empty , he will gladly exept 600 to 700 baht once you explain you know he is going back empty, it helps him and it helps you, that's why the Pattaya taxies  are upset. 

5 hours ago, johng said:

When will the Pattaya taxis be made to use their meters and not "their own price structures" for trips around Pattaya city ?

i recently offered 200 baht from soi 12 beech road to bus station and was turned down!

Archived