Thai teenager arrested for killing German tourist in Koh Lak hit-and-run accident

webfact

• 2 weeks later...

Is there actually any law telating to these 'zebra crossings' or do Thai people just paint them on the road as a kind of sop to western practice or to look a bit posher?  (I know a law would not make any difference).

4 minutes ago, spacebass said:

Is there actually any law telating to these 'zebra crossings' or do Thai people just paint them on the road as a kind of sop to western practice?  (I know a law would not make any difference).

Yes, driving licenses are the same...Confetti....:sad:

Reminds me of a female friend from Canada who was visiting here, We were at a zebra crossing and the cars wouldnot stop for us. she got into a women power fit and just said they will stop or else and ran in front of the cars coming. they didnot stop but ran around her on both sides and she was scared out of her mind and never believed in the power of women or zebra crossings again.

May this woman R.I.P.

4 minutes ago, lovelomsak said:

Reminds me of a female friend from Canada who was visiting here, We were at a zebra crossing and the cars wouldnot stop for us. she got into a women power fit and just said they will stop or else and ran in front of the cars coming. they didnot stop but ran around her on both sides and she was scared out of her mind and never believed in the power of women or zebra crossings again.

May this woman R.I.P.

Great story, was she run over or died of natural causes?

Archived