BANGKOK 23 May 2019 04:50

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

webfact

Foreign tourist among dead as van hits "song thaew" on Koh Lanta

Foreign tourist among dead as van hits "song thaew" on Koh Lanta

2pm.jpg

Picture: Video screenshot

KRABI: -- A foreign tourist and a Thai driver are dead after a van travelling from Krabi airport to Koh Lanta hit a song thaew.

The accident happened on the Huay Nam Khao - Koh Klang Road. Initial reports said that seven people were injured - three in the van and four on the other vehicle.

All the injured were ferried to Klong Thom hospital. But two have since been reported dead.

They were the driver of the van - Sarawuth Suphap - and an unidentified foreign woman.

Witnesses said that the two vehicles collided after the van experienced a burst front right tire.

The van was taking the tourists from Krabi airport to Koh Lanta.

Source: CH 3

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-04-06

Witnesses said that the two vehicles collided after the van experienced a burst front right tire.

Bald and over-inflated?

What a way to end your holiday.

Just another day on Thai roads sadly............R.I.P. to the deceased :wai:

re  ;bald tyres,, on my daily travels, it has amazed me how many scooters and 4 wheeled vehicles i have seen with hardly any tread on the tyres at all. so a bit of rain, and "bang", not saying this is the case for one moment , for the sorry accident. just my observation of general vehicle condition.

wow just arrived in krabi airport and then that happens.

tourists will be unaware of what death machines those vans are.

Oh Well Just the start of more Carnage on Thai Roads  New Regulations are really Working :partytime2:

More carnage on the Thai roads.....It will never stop.

RiP to the dead.

3 hours ago, mercman24 said:

re  ;bald tyres,, on my daily travels, it has amazed me how many scooters and 4 wheeled vehicles i have seen with hardly any tread on the tyres at all. so a bit of rain, and "bang", not saying this is the case for one moment , for the sorry accident. just my observation of general vehicle condition.

Just pretend you are a rozzer, then you wont even have to be bothered with being amazed 

So much for law enforcement Guys  Nothing has changed Minivans still the same Thai police go bullshit somewhere else we are so sick of listening to it No rules do what you like

On 4/6/2017 at 0:48 PM, daveAustin said:

Witnesses said that the two vehicles collided after the van experienced a burst front right tire.

Bald and over-inflated?

What a way to end your holiday.

I've seen a few tourists like that........... :shock1:

RIP for the two dead. 

1 hour ago, just.a.thought said:

Makes you wonder how many lives are being lost every year due to lack of enforcement of the traffic rules and regulations?

I would say 90% of the total each year.

I would prefer to rent my own car in Krabi instead of driving in the minivan death traps.  

Being  a defensive driver I would probably survive or at least my odds would be a lot better.  R.I.P