"Person of influence" in custody after brazen attack on Vietnamese student in Koh Samui restaurant

webfact

"Person of influence" in custody after brazen attack on Vietnamese student in Koh Samui restaurant

3pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

KOH SAMUI: -- A man is in custody after a brazen attack on a Vietnamese student and friends in front of customers and staff at a Bo Phut, Koh Samui restaurant on Monday.

There are claims that the man - Wasan Suanasa or "Oo", 32 - is the son of an influential figure on the island.

The student - in disguise yesterday - said that she is living in fear of attack from the man while police assured her that they are on the case and denying bail to her assailant.

The incident happened at 9pm on Monday at the Saewana Restaurant on Thaweerat Phakdee Road in Bo Phut district.

"Somrak Nabanna" went on Facebook to explain what happened and posted a video of 1 minute 45 seconds duration,  reported Daily News.

The poster said: "Thai society is in trouble. People of influence are in charge. How can we be safe when we go out?

"On Monday April 3rd a Vietnamese student was having a meal with friends. A Thai man who is a local came up to her and said: "Want to go with me? I have money. I can pay".

"The girl said in English "I am a student. I will call the police and my teacher."

"The guy ignored what she said and he pulled her onto the ground. Staff and customers tried to help. A scuffle developed and the Vietnamese girl's phone got thrown in the face of a staff member.

"No where is safe. We were just out eating in a restaurant. Who will take responsibility for this?"

Yesterday, representatives from the faculty of tourism at Ratchaphat University in Surat Thani took the 21 year old victim to meet with Bo Phut police.

Daily News named the woman but Thaivisa are withholding this for her own safey.

She told investigators that she feared reprisals from the man. She could not sleep and was on medication.

She said that she feared without the intervention of friends and police she would have been raped.

Police assured her that her assailant had been charged with four offences and that an application to deny bail had been made.

Police confirmed that an assault of a police officer had also taken place while Thai Rath reported that the assailant was drunk and had punched the face of the student in the melee.

The student was in dark glasses and face mask to hide her identity.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-04-06

Nothing changes. I got caught upon something similar in Lamai in 1989. The Thai guys in that case were sent to a temple for 2 weeks to do their stint as monks.
Ticked that box and supposedly returned to society as reformed characters. At least during that 2 week period the girl managed to get off the island with me, although there was a bunch of evil looking bastards staring at us as we walked down the pier to get on the boat.

2 hours ago, webfact said:

"No where is safe. We were just out eating in a restaurant. Who will take responsibility for this?"

That is the age old question.  Perhaps the Thai justice system will make an example of him.  One can only hope.

A post containing Thai language has been removed.  This is the English language side of the forum.  English is the only acceptable language anywhere on ThaiVisa including Classifieds, except within the Thai language forum, where of course using Thai is allowed.

every girl should be taught to fight people who attack them to the death. my mom trained me in martial arts from the time i could crawl. she had every reason. i am a child of rape. she also taught me to not respond physically until i am attached physically. use words first, then go for the jugular if the idiot lays hands on me and does not back off when he knows he is in for a fight . this is the only thing that will put a dent in this type of behavior. even rich boys are afraid to die. 

Archived