Soldiers accused of beating, killing young recruit made to apologize

webfact

8 minutes ago, yooyoo said:

Unbelievable!  They killed a person!  This is justice in Thailand!!!

..the thinking of the brain trust, sadly, if he had only come on time, he would be still alive... it was your son's fault..

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, kannot said:

I expect the easiest way is  to live in a  tinpot third world country run by a military dictatorship, but thats  just a guess on my part, as for how this happened in  Thailand Ive no idea, land of the free.

I wish you guys would get this straight... Thailand is not a military dictatorship, the military did not by force of arms steal democracy from the people, they 'restored sensible order'. And no-one is 'dictating' anything. The country is under the benevolent (that means 'kind') guidance of a man who just happens to have a military background.

16 hours ago, cmsally said:

How do eight soldiers get access to someone in detention, and then manage to beat him to death with no one noticing ??

Most likely because the guards were engaged in the number one military activity in Thailand. Watching Muay Thai on TV. Number two activity?...Practicing Muay Thai attacks on young recruits in detention.

46 minutes ago, Essaybloke said:

I wish you guys would get this straight... Thailand is not a military dictatorship, the military did not by force of arms steal democracy from the people, they 'restored sensible order'. And no-one is 'dictating' anything. The country is under the benevolent (that means 'kind') guidance of a man who just happens to have a military background

Now you live in La La land if that's what you believe. Do you work for the Dusit university coming up with polls?

I can see it now. A few months in a temple for remorse, some money thrown at the mother and all will be forgotten. I suppose you call that 'sensible order'/ I must go and throw up.

1 hour ago, Essaybloke said:

I wish you guys would get this straight... Thailand is not a military dictatorship, the military did not by force of arms steal democracy from the people, they 'restored sensible order'. And no-one is 'dictating' anything. The country is under the benevolent (that means 'kind') guidance of a man who just happens to have a military background.

Indeed. But you should always add one of these :tongue: when doing irony on here. :wink:

2 hours ago, Essaybloke said:

And the Christmas man comes from the North with gifts for the children on Christmas Eve. 

2 hours ago, Essaybloke said:

Thailand is not a military dictatorship

No you're right. It's actually a military junta.

On 22 May 2014, the Royal Thai Armed Forces, led by General Prayut Chan-o-cha, Commander of the Royal Thai Army (RTA), launched a coup d'état, the 12th since the country's first coup in 1932, against the caretaker government of Thailand, following six months of political crisis.[1] The military established a junta called the National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO) to govern the nation. (Wikipedia)

By using the adjective benevolent do you mean benevolent dictatorship?

"A benevolent dictatorship is a theoretical form of government in which an authoritarian leader exercises absolute political power over the state but does so for the benefit of the population as a whole."

56 minutes ago, daveAustin said:

the military did not by force of arms steal democracy from the people

You are also saying no military force was used in the 2014 coup d'etat.  

I really hope you are tongue in cheek with your post.

Thailand Surat Thani.jpg

4 hours ago, webfact said:

The mother had earlier indicated she was willing to accept the apology and will proceed to cremate the body of her son next Monday.

Does this mean once again murder is ok in Thailand as long as money is exchanged. What a country.:WPFflags:

3 hours ago, Essaybloke said:

Whilst that may be true, why let facts get in the way of a TV moan/good story???

57 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

No you're right. It's actually a military junta.

On 22 May 2014, the Royal Thai Armed Forces, led by General Prayut Chan-o-cha, Commander of the Royal Thai Army (RTA), launched a coup d'état, the 12th since the country's first coup in 1932, against the caretaker government of Thailand, following six months of political crisis.[1] The military established a junta called the National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO) to govern the nation. (Wikipedia)

By using the adjective benevolent do you mean benevolent dictatorship?

"A benevolent dictatorship is a theoretical form of government in which an authoritarian leader exercises absolute political power over the state but does so for the benefit of the population as a whole."

You are also saying no military force was used in the 2014 coup d'etat.  

I really hope you are tongue in cheek with your post.

Thailand Surat Thani.jpg

ha ha gotcha! (well, almost)

Just now, little mary sunshine said:

My Italian Grandmother would have put

a Sicilian Curse on Them, Their family,

and their dogs.....No apology accepted!!

I guess we can only hope there's a fair trial and I suppose they'd be looking down the barrel of a manslaughter charge?

3 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Now you live in La La land if that's what you believe. Do you work for the Dusit university coming up with polls?

I can see it now. A few months in a temple for remorse, some money thrown at the mother and all will be forgotten. I suppose you call that 'sensible order'/ I must go and throw up.

Go have a laugh instead, not so much of the gravy with it!  :clap2:

5 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

This is almost as sick as the actual murder.

I gave you a like and thought about it longer than a moment and tend to agree with you. I guess the next step will be heads shaved and off to the monkerray. Are we reaching an anger flashpoint in the world today or is ancient brutality making a comeback??

Apology How about life sentence? But you know what? They might get promoted out of it who knows? Stupid mother for standing there accepting I would of had a baseball bat in my hand belting them across the head 100,000 baht that what a life is worth in Thailand lol

Would be good to see a total boycott of conscription by all youth until the army can get their shit together and show how they have evolved.  I can't imagine parents ever wanting their sons to join such a heartless and ill-organized mess of a regime.

Disgusting and meaningless gesture! Don't forget also, those of us with children here that don't go to international school, each year there is an annual 'compulsory' scout camp that grades 6 to 9 have to go to in order to complete the 'compulsory' scouts lesson and these scout camps are usually run by the army with little to no interaction from the teachers that go from the school during the actual scout camp. This is the type of bastards that the schools put in charge of our children for 3 days. If they can do what they routinely do to older guys, who is to say that, if a child annoys them or does something that they feel makes them 'lose face' that they won't end up getting the same treatment as this poor guy? 

1 hour ago, Karry Yokie said:

Just another day in Thailand!

Unfortunately your correct, 1000s of thais upset about not being able to put their own lives at in the bed of a pick up but when a conscript gets murdered carry on chaps.

Archived