Pattaya woman demands 5,000 baht before she will return iPhone she found in 7/11 saying she's within her rights

webfact

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, pumpjack said:

lots of cops, cameras,flashes ,reporters and crowds, even a press conference  over a bloddy phone,  

bunch of idiots

looks like a fat ugly greedy  pig.............and acting like a fat ugly greedy pig  !!

On 7/4/2560 at 1:34 PM, Andrew Dwyer said:

In any normal society she would return the phone and be satisfied she did the "right" thing. Any reward offered by the owner would be a bonus .
But, it would appear we are not in a normal society ☹️

Is that what they do in the rest of the  normal world, mediately  return the 30,000 + Baht phone, as soon as they find it.

Your right about 1 thing Andrew----if you really believe  that, where ever it is you reside on this globe......your certainly not living in the normal world............:coffee1:

Is that what they do in the rest of the  normal world, mediately  return the 30,000 + Baht phone, as soon as they find it.

Your right about 1 thing Andrew----if you really believe  that, where ever it is you reside on this globe......your certainly not living in the normal world............:coffee1:

I should have replaced the word " normal " with " ideal " would have been better.
I don't think any of us are living in a normal or ideal world .

1 hour ago, oxo1947 said:

That is why we have Laws and police to enforce them..........................so that dishonest people don't ride rampant and rampage over the rest of us.

Most of us are also brought up in an environment that teaches us right and wrong, some pay attention and some don't 

53 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

I should have replaced the word " normal " with " ideal " would have been better.
I don't think any of us are living in a normal or ideal world .

you were right the first time Andrew, the majority of us try to live a moral honest life but there is always a minority that needs constant attention when they refuse to comply

3 hours ago, edgarfriendly said:

knowing right from wrong includes breeding within your means to provide a suitable and healthy environment for your children & grandchildren..

Wow that's quite a shift from the I.phone edgarfriendly.

----------------------

7 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Yer I think that is correct Andrew for Theft----most people would not steal , but the finding of an article does seem a little different to them..(the old finders keepers ) saying in the UK... The BBC done a program years ago....and many have been done since, on candid camera of people pretending to drop wallets etc. Seems that who it belong to had a great bearing on what they did----if you go into a phone box and there is money in the return slot, would you feed it back into the box as it belongs (or did) to the government.....83% no.

But back to the lady....its really blatant isn't it, be an interesting one to follow......:coffee1:

8 hours ago, YetAnother said:

100 % thai; we need to be constantly reminded who we share the streets with and who are our neighbors

What a load of crap.  The reason this is even in the news is because most Thais find this behavior abhorrent.  And yes, most Thais would have returned the phone with no expectations of a reward.

Yer I think that is correct Andrew for Theft----most people would not steal , but the finding of an article does seem a little different to them..(the old finders keepers ) saying in the UK... The BBC done a program years ago....and many have been done since, on candid camera of people pretending to drop wallets etc. Seems that who it belong to had a great bearing on what they did----if you go into a phone box and there is money in the return slot, would you feed it back into the box as it belongs (or did) to the government.....83% no.
But back to the lady....its really blatant isn't it, be an interesting one to follow......:coffee1:

It's all a question of how you were brought up, what moral values you learnt from your parents or peers or teachers etc.
The Thai woman's reasoning is that anybody who has a 30,000 baht iPhone can afford to pay her 5,000 reward.
I understand her reasoning but don't agree with it !
Similar case you mentioned with the wallet, I do believe a lot of people would take the Thai ladies stance on this as well.
Again I don't agree.
If there is a chance that lost property can be returned to it's owner then I would make an effort to return it ( with no ransom ).

As for the money in the phone box return slot, I believe I would give this to the next beggar or needy child I see.
Stuff the government !!

On 4/9/2017 at 5:01 AM, smedly said:

This attitude is IMO primarily to do with bar girls who are indoctrinated into bar work by owners and managers who from the word go are teaching them to be very focused on money, nothing else matters "money number one", I don't think these girls had that focus before they worked in a bar, it is preached and indoctrinated by scrupulous owners who then proceed to take ownership of them.

I have a policy of not buying lady drinks (I don't believe in it) instead I will possibly buy several beers for several girls at the same price as I pay, this gets mixed reactions, the owners managers don't like it and sometimes will actively discourage their bar girls from taking with me, they cannot label me a cheap Charlie either.

My friends all pay for lady drinks thinking they are so popular with the girls lol when I know once they stop the lady drinks they will be ignored - secretly they probably know that too but wouldn't like to admit it, it is also worth noting that bars run league tables with girls encouraged to compete for the top lady drink slot every month. So the next time you are out and about and some girl prompts you for a drink - say ok farang price and see how popular you are, I have even had girls refuse a free drink lol, some bars the lady drinks are nothing more than flavoured water.

Not all the girls are like this, but remember one thing - you are not obligated to pay 3x the price for a drink for a girl in a bar, it is up to you how you choose to pay - you just might not be as popular as you thought you were :)

Money money money money - thieve a phone - money money money money.....brainwashed

You're joking right?  NO girl wants to hang out with some fugly old dudes, putting up with their garbage in a girly bar just for free drinks.  Those girls are there to make money.  They make money off lady drinks in exchange for entertaining you.  If you don't want to pay lady drink prices,  go to a regular bar.  Why would you go into a girly bar and expect the girls to work for free?  Are you daft cheap Charlie?  You're going to tip the bartender or waitress, so why shouldn't the bargirl get paid for smiling at your lame jokes and (gag) flirting with you?  Welcome to life.

6 minutes ago, SiamSuzi said:

You're joking right?  NO girl wants to hang out with some fugly old dudes, putting up with their garbage in a girly bar just for free drinks.  Those girls are there to make money.  They make money off lady drinks in exchange for entertaining you.  If you don't want to pay lady drink prices,  go to a regular bar.  Why would you go into a girly bar and expect the girls to work for free?  Are you daft cheap Charlie?  You're going to tip the bartender or waitress, so why shouldn't the bargirl get paid for smiling at your lame jokes and (gag) flirting with you?  Welcome to life.

up to me what I pay for a drink, if they don't like it then they can decline............no biggie

and I don't pay for a girl to hang out with me, if they want to sit and have a chat up to them I could care less either way

you sound like a bar girl lol or there is another word for it beginning with P

On Fri Apr 07 2017 at 1:34 PM, Andrew Dwyer said:

In any normal society she would return the phone and be satisfied she did the "right" thing. Any reward offered by the owner would be a bonus .
But, it would appear we are not in a normal society ☹️

Nothing is normal here my good friends it's all about money no morals.

On 4/7/2017 at 2:33 PM, Emster23 said:

Not a bad plan except for meeting at your place. You do not want her to know where you live I would think

Yeah, but we all would like to know what bar she works at.    That photo of her speaks volumes.  I am sure it is exactly her normal expression.  Don't leave your EFTPOS card in the ATM in  the soi where her bar is.

2 hours ago, malcoml said:

Does anyone feel safe going to her bar for a drink.

Imagine if you accidentally drop your wallet on the floor and she jumps on it first.

It was the hooker that lost the phone.  The woman with the kid took it.

On 4/19/2017 at 4:56 PM, HaleySabai said:

Thai-logic.....

Its not Thai logic.

I spoke to my wife about it and she said there are Thai forums running hot on the topic and people are disgusted in her behaviour.

My wife's exact words were this is typical of Issan bar girl behaviour. She then went into a ramble about it being easy to buy cheap houses from these girls as their life revolves around money and spending it...

3 hours ago, malcoml said:

Its not Thai logic.

My wife's exact words were this is typical of Issan bar girl behaviour. She then went into a ramble about it being easy to buy cheap houses from these girls as their life revolves around money and spending it...

ooohh....o.k...correction , Thai bar-girl logic. 

3 hours ago, malcoml said:

Its not Thai logic.

I spoke to my wife about it and she said there are Thai forums running hot on the topic and people are disgusted in her behaviour.

How long is this B/S going to go on? I wanna know who has the Cell phone? And if the BAR-GIRL still has the phone I would like to know why??? It should be in the hands of the police until its decided who's phone it is....Only in Thailand this could happen!!!

Archived