Pattaya woman demands 5,000 baht before she will return iPhone she found in 7/11 saying she's within her rights

webfact

21 minutes ago, 6thST said:

How long is this B/S going to go on? I wanna know who has the Cell phone? And if the BAR-GIRL still has the phone I would like to know why??? It should be in the hands of the police until its decided who's phone it is....Only in Thailand this could happen!!!

The  slapper  is  a thief in the  first  instance. She  took  personal property  from a location removing the  possibility  of the rightful  owner  to  return  and  reclaim.

She then proceeds  to  extortion for  monetary  gain.

I  doubt  she will  have  much support for  her  brave  face in the  longer term.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hows this for the complete opposite

I lost my sony shitperia ph at the S/H thepprassit rd market one night

I was on the far side of maprachan when i realized

The phone was called, they answered

And met us half way, and out of their way to return it.

I had to force 500 baht on them as a reward.

(no i dont like the ph, but it was expensive and still worth a considerable amount)

Now there you go folks:

A near perfect example of the underlying collective mentality of all too many Thai people ( not all but all too many, unfortunately )   that exists just below the surface and ever omnipresent while this woman in particular has no shame at all to reveal herself as such.

You can only surmise what her reaction would be if she forgot her purse somewhere with 10,000 baht cash in it and credit cards and her cell phone and all her personal items and some person found the hand bag full of her possessions and money and then they demanded lets say, 20,000 baht for the return of her possessions and to add insult to injury minus the 10,000 baht cash while the person who says they found the hand bag claims there was no cash money inside when they found the bag...none at all.

Or.... that low life wench has her bag returned in good faith and then claims there was 30,000 baht in the bag and demands the person that found the bag pay her 30,000 baht and goes about extorting money out of the person trying to do the right thing.

Nice eh???

29 minutes ago, Chip Allen said:

The latest word is that this woman was jailed and it cost her about 6000 baht to get out of the slammer. Som nam na.

If true. That is good. Too bad she is out, though. Hopefully she just crawls back under her bridge. 

Hope the owner got her phone back after all of this. 

• 3 weeks later...
well i have spoken to 6 ladies and everyone said they would have kept the phone so there. lol

Just another variation on asian "squatter mentality". "It's here, I'm here, it's mine". Seen everywhere from street vendor stalls to the S China Sea. 'Not surprised by her rationalizing her theft of the phone in the least. It's called backwardness. Oops - here come the PC gestapo...

On 5/13/2017 at 1:24 PM, stanleycoin said:

Maybe she is pure Thai ,  who knows.

But she is a Thief ,  that's for sure.

Maybe they need the SWAT TEAM to go in to take the cell phone back....

• 4 weeks later...
On 2017-4-7 at 4:20 PM, Kasset Tak said:

Report the "finder" to the police for steeling the Iphone as it was not hers to take from the 7-11 store in the first place! They should also add extortion or what ever it should be as she refuse to give it back even when offered a 1000 Baht "finders fee" and maybe they should add fencing too as she is basically trying to sell stolen goods!

Isan

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/6/2017 at 11:35 PM, colinneil said:

Amazing Thailand, i took your i-phone of the counter at a 7/11, so you must pay me 5000 baht or i will not return it.

She took it out of a shop, so she stole it.

Police should charge her with stealing, because that is what she did, she stole it.

On 4/7/2017 at 0:22 AM, onemorechang said:

She removed it from the 7/11

it was not her property , so arrest her for theft.

and charge her also  for extortion. :bah:

And she's a good practicing Buddhist I'm sure.. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I would not trust this person who found the phone, with a single Baht!

Hope she gets jailed and the rightful owner gets back her phone, without another claim for racket tea money from the boys in their tight brown outfits!

Who can afford to leave IPhones lying around? I'm still using a Galaxy S3. If I had an IPhone 7 I would put it in a glass case in the corner of my room as a reminder of my stupidity for paying so much for a phone just to make phone calls. Phone prices are getting stupid, you could buy a top of the range laptop or a decent guitar for the same price. As for the issue at hand she should hand back the phone or go to jail.

3 hours ago, MRDave said:

Who can afford to leave IPhones lying around? I'm still using a Galaxy S3. If I had an IPhone 7 I would put it in a glass case in the corner of my room as a reminder of my stupidity for paying so much for a phone just to make phone calls. Phone prices are getting stupid, you could buy a top of the range laptop or a decent guitar for the same price. As for the issue at hand she should hand back the phone or go to jail.

who has a pocket big enough to carry a laptop around with them, although a smart(phone) does include the name "phone" it goes way beyond being just a phone and is very capable of doing pretty much everything a laptop does and it fits right in your pocket 

On 4/7/2017 at 1:20 PM, Kasset Tak said:

Report the "finder" to the police for steeling the Iphone as it was not hers to take from the 7-11 store in the first place! They should also add extortion or what ever it should be as she refuse to give it back even when offered a 1000 Baht "finders fee" and maybe they should add fencing too as she is basically trying to sell stolen goods!

Stop with this nonsense that you call logic or law and order. It will confuse the poor officers. 

Ps. You're 100% right.

If someone finds a thing in Switzerland, the finder can ask for 15% of the value of the found object, not more. But most people ask not for it. But the finder cannot keep the found object, he has to deposit it in a police station or lost and found station.

26 minutes ago, AloisAmrein said:

If someone finds a thing in Switzerland, the finder can ask for 15% of the value of the found object, not more. But most people ask not for it. But the finder cannot keep the found object, he has to deposit it in a police station or lost and found station.

define found lol

This item was not found - it was taken, I also believe that the person that took it was fully aware of the owner leaving it there - simply because it could easily have belonged to one of the counter staff so she would need to be aware of that fact before helping herself. 

But it matters not because all this has been discussed before - it was theft for the simple fact that she took it from the shop and knew it did not belong to her............simple

Archived