Where to buy hiking shoes, Western size

thailandsgreat

Siam Discovery Centre sells a range of Salomon shoes, both ankle boot and training shoe styles.  They don't come cheap, but they last a long time.  My current pair (trail running style) are 10 years old now and still look like new, inside and out.  I've worn them in all conditions, snow, deserts, forest trails... and they are so comfortable that I wear them around town most days too.  Well worth the money in my opinion.

圖像中可能有鞋子

23 hours ago, ballpoint said:

Siam Discovery Centre sells a range of Salomon shoes, both ankle boot and training shoe styles.  They don't come cheap, but they last a long time.  My current pair (trail running style) are 10 years old now and still look like new, inside and out.  I've worn them in all conditions, snow, deserts, forest trails... and they are so comfortable that I wear them around town most days too.  Well worth the money in my opinion.

圖像中可能有鞋子

I'm really just looking for warmth and comfort while on holiday in UK once or twice a year, they won't get heavy use.

????

• 7 months later...
On 4/29/2017 at 8:34 AM, Mahseer said:

In Chiang Mai Supersports stock Merrill brand hiking boots which I find decent quality. Expect to pay around 5,000baht.

As old as this thread is I'll comment as Supersports at KSK no longer stock hiking boots but store at Central Festival do and possibly other locations.

• 2 weeks later...

if your big footed like me 49-50 your shet out of luck, bring or ship from home country

did find my size in a bright chinese red tennis shoe in bkk a couple years back in an emergency after days/weeks of searching. they were very expensive. bought at no choice.

Never hike in running shoes, or do anything not on a smooth surface... And even then, our trainer would not allow them on the astroturf, as it is a high ankle sprain waiting to happen. Cross trainers OTOH, are good for about everything bit rugged jungle trail or heavy construction.  I have two pair of newbalace size 47 waiting at my parents house.. 57 taxed and delivered for two pair.  Likely 5000+ and sizing imposibilities in BKK. 

6 minutes ago, moontang said:

Never hike in running shoes, or do anything not on a smooth surface... And even then, our trainer would not allow them on the astroturf, as it is a high ankle sprain waiting to happen. Cross trainers OTOH, are good for about everything bit rugged jungle trail or heavy construction.  I have two pair of newbalace size 47 waiting at my parents house.. 57 taxed and delivered for two pair.  Likely 5000+ and sizing imposibilities in BKK. 

Fit and healthy people don't get sprained ankles.

It's almost impossible to do if you have good enough ankle muscles to support your weight.

Archived