Bus crash in Trat leaves 3 dead, 20 injured

rooster59

Bus crash in Trat leaves 3 dead, 20 injured

74_Bus.jpg

An interprovincial bus from Bangkok to Trat province crashed into to light pole on Sukhumvit road in Khao Saming district killing three passengers and injuring 20 others.

The incident happened before dawn Saturday on the highway in front of Khao Samingwithayakom school in Trat province.

The bus left Ekamai bus terminal at 10.15 pm for Trat province with about 50 passengers on board.

But about 30 passengers got off in Chanthaburi with 25 remaining on the bus.

As the bus arrived near a curve which is a slope and in front of Khao Samingwithayakom school, it smashed into a light pole, overturned and fell into the ditch.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/bus-crash-trat-leaves-3-dead-20-injured/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-04-08

This just reinforces the useless education system:

The bus left Ekamai bus terminal at 10.15 pm for Trat province with about 50 passengers on board.

When I was school 30 + 25 = 55. Not about 50. Duh.

11 minutes ago, IamNoone88 said:

About 50 could also be 55, or 45, don't you think?

It would be nice if every Bus company had to post statistics at the point where you buy your ticket, detailing how many accidents, injuries and deaths they have been responsible for. At least then you would have some idea of your chances of getting to your destination alive and intact.

Drowsy driving thought from statements made, because the driver was driving erratically back-and-forth prior to the crash.

Perhaps to be more accurate, lets allege the driver momentarily, fell asleep and was awaken.

Whenever I travel on a bus, I always look the driver over and if he appears to be drowsy, I wait for the next bus, even if it cost me another ticket.

If I see the driver snoozing on the steering or while seated in the bus prior to loading I will snap a picture in an effort to get a refund. 

I heard that the one female who died had her 6 month old baby with her.  Fortunately the child survived.  What a shame!  RIP to the 3 people who perished, and hopefully a speedy recovery to the injured.  That bus driver... I think he needs a new career?

54 minutes ago, au82tiger said:

I heard that the one female who died had her 6 month old baby with her.  Fortunately the child survived.  What a shame!  RIP to the 3 people who perished, and hopefully a speedy recovery to the injured.  That bus driver... I think he needs a new career?

"Fortunately the child survived.  What a shame!" I don't think that came out as you probably meant it!

3 hours ago, IamNoone88 said:

Nothing to do with the education system. All to do with parental control during informative years and after.

4 hours ago, IamNoone88 said:

does it matter mister  school no school dead and  hurt people comments like this show jour ignorante ready 

4 hours ago, IamNoone88 said:

Apparently, they really have no idea

8 hours ago, ajarngreg said:

Great news. Otherwise, there'd be way more deaths. RIP>

Yeah, but if the 30 passengers were forced to travel all the way to Trat, the bus wouldn't become "unbalanced".

1 hour ago, Searat7 said:

It's the overnight buses that seem to have 90% of the accidents....those are the ones which should absolutely be avoided. 

that's really true. Almost invariably, when we have these kinds of accidents, they're typically occurring sometime between 11 pm to 7 am or so in the morning, usually after the driver has been driving all night.

That, or, the bus driver left his amulets at home by mistake. :sleep:

1 hour ago, Searat7 said:

It's the overnight buses that seem to have 90% of the accidents....those are the ones which should absolutely be avoided. 

Absolutely! These people who are minus the common sense gene have no idea that you have to sleep before being in charge of a bus on an overnight trip. I used to work nights, and wouldn't have been able to remain awake throughout my shift without several hours sleep beforehand.

He probably has another job driving during the day.

2 hours ago, Redline said:

Apparently, they really have no idea

I travel this route regularly, Bangkok/Ekkamai - home (Chanthaburi), govt bus by preference, Cherdchai as second choice.

For all the clever mathematicians, point out these buses are not 'express' ie they make numerous stops along the way for passengers on/off, the 30/25 is easily explained on that basis, commonly people from Suvarnabhumi taxi to King Kaeo rather than Ekkamai to get the Cherdchai buses. 

These buses tend to plod along, they are not minivans, keep to a standard timetable comfortably achieved at moderate speeds. 

6 hours ago, au82tiger said:

A new career...? No, I think prison is a better choice....!

2 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

And as usual, no name given for the operator of the crashed bus. Killing by anonymity.

Cherdchai Tour Co as named in other media

The colour scheme in pic shows Cherdchai paintwork

8 hours ago, IamNoone88 said:

How about the crew ?   It says that 25 remaining on the bus, not 25 Passengers remaining on the bus .     Duh !

On 4/8/2017 at 5:50 PM, au82tiger said:

In the monkey house! Dirtbag.

I have rode on overnight buses that had two drivers on board for the trip. There were VIP buses of

a tour company and travelled in a 3 bus convoy, Bangkok to Phuket, we stopped for breaks 3 times

and got to Phuket in the morning.  I would not travel on an overnight bus with a single driver, as that is asking

for problems.  RIP to the people who were killed in this crash.  I hope the people who were injured can shed more

light on what they witnessed, and have this driver charged.

Geezer

Archived