Just Another Form of Double Pricing

losworld

41 minutes ago, kannot said:

TOT charges farangs  more for  internet and phone services as my Wife asked  yesterday for  someone...no not us, they said they charge foreigners more as they tend to run away from contracts, (ie go back to Frangland) Ive personally seen this when they have left our rented  rooms

Makes sense. Really too bad, because I suspect they are a minority screwing it up for the "good farangs".

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, Berkshire said:

You are right.  Farangs on TV lie all the time.  It's annoying.  And this nonsensical thread is a prime example.

there... there... Farangs in this forum never lie! what might look like lies are nothing but sharing their wet dreams and/or hallucinations with other members. :tongue:

On 4/9/2017 at 11:33 AM, little mary sunshine said:

More cheap Charlie complaints....How about:

Senior Citizen Discounts

Student Discounts

Military Discounts

free drinks for ladies night

half price for 55+ y/o

double tax deduction for disabled

food stamps

free cell phones for job seekers

disability for lazy deadbeats...not double price, total give-a-way

++++++++++++++

If you have the money just stop complaining and enjoy life!!!!

you appear to be the miserable one posting dribble lol

On 4/11/2017 at 11:23 AM, Bill Miller said:

Makes sense. Really too bad, because I suspect they are a minority screwing it up for the "good farangs".

i don't buy it there are so many thais in deep debt lose cars, contracts etc.  i bet the vast majority are never a problem.

Then:

- Why do senior citizens get discounts but you don't?

- Why do students get special prices that adults don't get?

- Why do disabled people park near the door but you have to walk?

- Why do rich people drive nice cars but poor people drive Honda Citys?

- Why does the police chief's friend drive drunk and get away with it when you don't?

There are different categories of people and different plans for everyone, it just happens that you're not in the category you expected. You vote with your dollars (or your bahts), so it is your decision to pay or go somewhere else.

The only situation where this is NOT acceptable is if prices differ because of the person's race - for example:

- Having farang prices at national parks would be acceptable if EVERYONE had to show ID, and strictly Thai citizens could get in for free, i.e. Myanmars and Laotians are considered farang. That would be okay. But charging "white people" more and letting "thai looking" in for free isn't acceptable.

Then:
- Why do senior citizens get discounts but you don't?
- Why do students get special prices that adults don't get?
- Why do disabled people park near the door but you have to walk?
- Why do rich people drive nice cars but poor people drive Honda Citys?
- Why does the police chief's friend drive drunk and get away with it when you don't?

There are different categories of people and different plans for everyone, it just happens that you're not in the category you expected. You vote with your dollars (or your bahts), so it is your decision to pay or go somewhere else.

The only situation where this is NOT acceptable is if prices differ because of the person's race - for example:

- Having farang prices at national parks would be acceptable if EVERYONE had to show ID, and strictly Thai citizens could get in for free, i.e. Myanmars and Laotians are considered farang. That would be okay. But charging "white people" more and letting "thai looking" in for free isn't acceptable.

Is letting white people with Thai DL or wp in for Thai nationals price acceptable?

sent using Tapatalk

^ Yes, if the rule is clear. For example:

Having a price for "residents", where people showing a valid form of Thai ID are let in for resident price (for example: Sea World at Paragon) is OK. That attraction has the policy clearly written on their website.

Having a price for "Thai nationals" where people looking like Thai are let in without ID verification is not OK.

In short, people are free to price any way they want, except in regards to the skin color.

14 minutes ago, SiamBeast said:

^ Yes, if the rule is clear. For example:

Having a price for "residents", where people showing a valid form of Thai ID are let in for resident price (for example: Sea World at Paragon) is OK. That attraction has the policy clearly written on their website.

Having a price for "Thai nationals" where people looking like Thai are let in without ID verification is not OK.

In short, people are free to price any way they want, except in regards to the skin color.

Singapore Zoo... Singapore Residents show their card and receive a discount. I visited the Zoo with my Son and friends.

A British Guy, Thai Wife and Kids received the Singapore Residents price - they live in Singapore, pay tax there etc. 

I didn't get the Singapore residents price.... I couldn't show a work permit or drivers license etc... 

The Website was clear with no indications of underhand 'profiteering'... 

Some of the Dual pricing I see in Thailand is not about offering local residents a promotion, it appears to be that of charging foreigners higher prices for profiteering.... it comes across as a form of cheating.

---------

I was once a partner of a Club/Bar in Bangkok... one of the suggestions from one of the Partners was to offer a discount to foreigners to attract them.... In what I can only term as 'positive dual pricing', I disagreed on the basis that Thai's who frequented the Club/Bar could be offended....  we never carried the policy, but without an explanation of why this may be seen by some as offensive the policy would likely have taken and perhaps impacted our bottom line in a negative way when Thai's became offended. 

... it is 'poorly thought out ideas' and at some level 'innocent ignorance' which permits dual pricing in many cases... its quite innocent but nevertheless its presence can be offensive... 

Edited by richard_smith237

Back to the topic never had a problem with Dtac been on a contract with them for years no work permit needed in fact when I first got it i was on a 30 day exempt. But of course it very much depends on the staff and of course your attitude to them, which I would have it a guess is the biggest problem farang encounters.