Recomendations For Pattaya Language School

Hi all,

I am new here and trying to look at "lots" of threads, many of them quite old.

So now, 2017 I am looking to go to Pattaya and enrol in a respectable language school that teaches in a fairly easy method.  I DO want to learn Thai and DO want to go to school for the required amount of hours in order to obtain an ED Visa.  How many hours are actually needed per week to be legal and approved by 90 immigration reporting ?  What schools are not too costly but provide all of the requirements?

I was looking at PRO Language School, in Bangkok it seems to have the right amount of classroom hours, but does it have the proper amount in Pattaya?

Are the requirements the same in all parts of the country?

Do some schools have "special arrangements" with MOE?

I really want to learn, do the amount of hours, as well as not have to pay a small fortune :)

Thanks

Hi

I am in Pattaya and am also learning Thai. I have taken extensive classes at Pro Language and Walen. Both are located near the Big C on Pattaya klang. Both have pros and cons. Pro language uses a few books mostly with phonetics. This makes for easier understanding in the beginning. I am learning to read thai as well as speak
Walens method is stronger if you want to be able to read. Their books are only in thai script. You learn a few words at a time in the beginning books. Each class you review the 44 consonats and all the vowels. You then learn to read a new vocabulary word. When you have an extensive vocabulary, you move on to.thai conversation. BOTH schools offer free trial classes. I would go to both and see which one suits you.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Thank you!  I have looked online at both of those schools.  Walen method seems like it would be difficult for me to learn simply because of my own learning style.  I am glad that you have had good experience with both.  My speaking would be most important for me.

Does Pro Language do the full ED Visa course in Pattaya?  I am not sure if it is different there from Bangkok.  I am looking for the right amount of hours (whatever that is..lol). That is very important to me.

Thanks

Well, I don't know.   Some people have been on a quest for the meaning of life.   A few think they have found it.  

There are good language schools and some that do not get such good reviews.   Some people have a knack for learning languages and it's a breeze for them, regardless of the method.   Others learn by more specific means -- visual or auditory, for example.   For those the techniques used by the school will be a part of their success or failure.  

Languages require a fair amount of effort and time and unless a student is motivated, they will experience difficulty.  

1 minute ago, Scott said:

Well, I don't know.   Some people have been on a quest for the meaning of life.   A few think they have found it.  

There are good language schools and some that do not get such good reviews.   Some people have a knack for learning languages and it's a breeze for them, regardless of the method.   Others learn by more specific means -- visual or auditory, for example.   For those the techniques used by the school will be a part of their success or failure.  

Languages require a fair amount of effort and time and unless a student is motivated, they will experience difficulty.  

Thanks!!  I am thinking of also having a Thai friend that is a tutor assist me as I go....I had visited a school that taught a TPR method, which used most of the 5 senses...and I am extremely motivated to learn, but I think that some methods would be a bit too difficult, at least at first....and I am also determined :). thanks for your input, helps to make me think....

• 7 months later...

Archived