A million baht dowry and a hundred foreign guests as gay British tour boss ties the knot with Thai man

webfact

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, TheLobster said:

the world needs more gays - Why is that ?

7 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I think we should stop making such a big deal about all of it. Let people do whatever they want as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else. If we could do that the world would be a much happier and better place.

It might mean that the media doesn't make such a big thing of it, other than that I don't think you answered the question. I don't mind people doing what they want providing it doesn't cause problems to other people or break the law. That doesn't mean the world 'needs' more gays though.

On Tuesday, April 11, 2017 at 4:03 PM, kingkenny said:

I am alluding to your signature that says you live with your boyfriend, so you e8ther live with your boyfriend or your husband..  nothing for me to get over, I am not criticising, just pointing out a discrepancy,  bit touchy haha

Why does aslimversgwm 'signature ' say I live with my boyfriend and not my husband? What a peculiar mind you have. All it says is: I am a slim, versatile, gay, white male. Get it? Just because I married my Thai boyfriend at the UK embassy in Hanoi in November last doesn't change the fact that I am a slim versatile gay white male = my signature as you call it = aslimversgwm. Is that clear now? 

55 minutes ago, aslimversgwm said:

Why does aslimversgwm 'signature ' say I live with my boyfriend and not my husband? What a peculiar mind you have. All it says is: I am a slim, versatile, gay, white male. Get it? Just because I married my Thai boyfriend at the UK embassy in Hanoi in November last doesn't change the fact that I am a slim versatile gay white male = my signature as you call it = aslimversgwm. Is that clear now? 

Your signature says "I'm David - gay retiree living with my Thai bf in CM"

Is that clear now? Not sure how my mind is peculiar, you are the one talking about being married while your signature says otherwise.  If you are not sure what I mean by signature it is at the bottom of your post..

On ‎10‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 5:53 PM, SiamBeast said:

Not recognized. Just an expensive ceremony, an insult to Thai culture, and attention-whoring.

I understand that some people might genuinely be attracted to each other... but if I would decide to throw away all my legacy and insult my ancestors by marrying a man instead of procreating and continuing the bloodline, my parents would at least want me to keep it low-profile, not publicly advertise my perversion.

Granted, there's adoption, but it's downright child abuse.

Anyway I wish them the best, but what they did was totally unnecessary. They're on the wrong end of the "Family vs Equality" spectrum.

Your speech and comments is an insult to Thai culture and your ancestors! 

Your opinions and view are also the most far away from Buddhist teachings I have ever know a Thai person to say! 

Maybe you should book yourself in for some time as a Monk for a few months and sort yourself out my friend. 

3 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

Your speech and comments is an insult to Thai culture and your ancestors! 

Your opinions and view are also the most far away from Buddhist teachings I have ever know a Thai person to say! 

Maybe you should book yourself in for some time as a Monk for a few months and sort yourself out my friend. 

not all Thais are Buddhist

around 5 million muslims

16 hours ago, AGareth2 said:

not all Thais are Buddhist

around 5 million muslims

You make a good point.

If that poster was Muslim, then that religion is also not part of  traditional Thai culture at all... so they would foolish to comment about Thai traditions and cultures.

5 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

You make a good point.

If that poster was Muslim, then that religion is also not part of  traditional Thai culture at all... so they would foolish to comment about Thai traditions and cultures.

next thing people are going to claim Lumbini is in central Bankok

On 4/13/2017 at 11:08 AM, kingkenny said:

Your signature says "I'm David - gay retiree living with my Thai bf in CM"

Is that clear now? Not sure how my mind is peculiar, you are the one talking about being married while your signature says otherwise.  If you are not sure what I mean by signature it is at the bottom of your post..

My most humble apologies ! I obviously had no idea what my 'signature' was!! So now I know and will try and change it - it was set-up about 8 or 9 years ago when I first registered on tv and had quite forgotten all about it. I owe you a drink when you're next in CM - apologies again for being a twit!

On 4/12/2017 at 9:12 AM, SiamBeast said:

I've posted my views several times on this forum and it is obvious that I am extremely conservative. I don't believe in that "born gay" thing, because if it was true, we would have a way to select "gay foetuses" for termination. Since doctors have found no evidence of a gay gene, we can assume that homosexuality is (at least partially) determined by the education we receive at a young age, the things we are exposed to, and the relationship we have with our father (stats show a higher proportion of gays among broken homes). This means that there is a problem in the education that the kids receive. It might be on TV, in public schools, etc. it's pretty hard to determine, but there's something wrong with the way a lot of kids are raised.

I know that my views might seem utopic but I believe in "nuclear families", i.e. a father married to a mother, who stay together, and have children who in return do the same thing. If you have noticed, we had the same thing in the Western world around 50-60 years ago - but many "social cancers" have plagued the society: extreme capitalism, feminism, mass immigration, etc. and that affected the world in the wrong way.

So, gays do not affect my life in any way so there's no reason to hold anything personal against them - but perhaps we should question what we are exposing the young generation to. Look what happens when people don't make children anymore: we have to open the floodgates and let hordes of unskilled third-world migrants in, because governments and businesses still need money despite the shrinking population.

Thailand's ancestors spent centuries propagating a very good and peaceful culture, let's not let that go to waste.

We often get taught "homophobia is  bad", "women have the same rights", "equality for everyone", and often accept it without questionning because it "sounds" good. But when you start using critical thinking and start looking at the effects of this, you then realize that, actually, conservatism is the way forward if we want a healthy society.

Your response and argumentation is simply ridiculous, not conservative. As if suddenly everyone will turn gay and we have reached the end of births in a country/society! This will never happen and the sky isn't falling. On the other hand, as long as anyone can remember a percentage of any human society has always been homosexual. Get over it - don't be gay if it's not for you, and don't be a hater, as they say - end of story.

Gay behavior has so far been recorded in many animal species, either short or long term - that settles it, no? I've yet to hear of a "gay agenda/social cancers" in the animal kingdom.

7 hours ago, aslimversgwm said:

My most humble apologies ! I obviously had no idea what my 'signature' was!! So now I know and will try and change it - it was set-up about 8 or 9 years ago when I first registered on tv and had quite forgotten all about it. I owe you a drink when you're next in CM - apologies again for being a twit!

No problem, don't worry about it. We always assume a signature is a name, but in  forums it is a footnote.

14 hours ago, kingkenny said:

No problem, don't worry about it. We always assume a signature is a name, but in  forums it is a footnote.

Exactly right. One signs one's name on everything like forms and letters hence my confusion. I expect others would be too. What a peculiar world forums inhabit complete with even more peculiar contributors! It took me quite a while to discover how to amend my 'signature ' . Getting more and more frustrated with tv and as a result am seriously considering unsubscribing -and I bet that's even more difficult!

Archived