Single "farang" ladies...

Talin74

5 hours ago, dick dasterdly said:

True to a certain extent.  (Don't forget that you too would have aged ten years in the meantime and possibly :saai: realise that you are also far less attractive.)

My (limited) experience is that some Western men miss intelligent conversation with a Western woman and try to continue as 'friends' after moving onto a local woman and/or are happy to meet other Western women with whom they can become friends.

But this is WAY off topic from the original OP.

A man only loses his attractiveness if the wallet runs out.

Can't say I really had a load of fascinating and intelligent conversations with my ex-wife. Pretty much the same mundane nonsense about bills, food, holidays, family and what to do on the weekend. Plus the moans about coming back late after seeing the mates.

Work colleagues and mates are for intelligent conversation. Although a lot of that is mostly nonsense too.

• 1 month later...
On 13.04.2017 at 3:43 AM, Wilsonandson said:

Your in Thailand! Why did you come here? To socialize with westerners? Should have stayed at home.

I came here because of the Thai people not the westerners living here. I couldn't speak Thai. It's not important just get outside where ever you live and mix with the locals. After a week or two you'll start making friends and learning Thai. After a year you'll be semi fluent and have many friends. Just remember the golden rule, don't let them in the house.

why should one not invite them to the house?

• Like 1

Most of my farang acquaintances or friends in Thailand would not refuse a bit of casual pecking with a fine farang lady, but in their deep hearts they definately are more attracted  and tend to cater the very numerous single thai ladies to intimacy.

IMHO one point however may seem worthful to emphasize...be cautious when you date anybody be it Thai or a farang who has a less opulent lifestyle then yours. In other words don't mix the napkins with the rags!  or if you wish if he's more broke then you are - just beware!! This goes for any nationality, in any country. Not a golden rule as you can also run into people of similar social level but who are rip off gurus!!

Of course, nobody is looking for intimate dates but if an occasion does run across, this could be a point for selection.

The rest is just a matter of mutual chemistry and even Freud never found out how it works!!:post-4641-1156694572:

Edited by observer90210
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...
On Thursday, April 13, 2017 at 6:46 AM, BigKahuna said:

Learn the local language. Living anywhere and not speaking the language is going to make it hard to meet locals. Dont be one of those sad foreigners who cant speak Thai and has no local friends.

Nonsense my condo is in Nana, I holiday Pattaya phuket and chiang mai and never needed more than a few phrases. 

You sound like you live in a jungle village where you damn well better know your thai!!! 

• 7 months later...

At my age 78 (nearing 79) most of my old friends are gone. Still, a bunch of elders around but maintaining contact on a regular basis is more difficult due to my disabilities (very limited walking, wheelchair necessary for malls, hospital visits, etc. My standard reply to the question of "How are you doing"? my standard reply is "Still on top of the grass."

• 4 weeks later...

I was talking with a very attractive Western lady over the weekend. Age about 55. She said she hates BKK because she has become totally invisible to everybody. No attention from anybody. When she was in UK guys would eye her in the street or at a store and she would feel noticed and attractive. Here nothing zilch zero. She does not exist for any of the guys here. She did note that this did not apply to guys though. A perennial problem for Western ladies in Thailand.

13 hours ago, OzMan said:

I was talking with a very attractive Western lady over the weekend. Age about 55. She said she hates BKK because she has become totally invisible to everybody. No attention from anybody. When she was in UK guys would eye her in the street or at a store and she would feel noticed and attractive. Here nothing zilch zero. She does not exist for any of the guys here. She did note that this did not apply to guys though. A perennial problem for Western ladies in Thailand.

Sadly, I would say this would be similar to Western women in many Asian countries.

Just like it would be for myself and many other pale English guys if we were in somewhere like Italy or Spain where the local men take all the attention. 

Hi.

You could try starting your own social scene. On the lines of Meetup for instance.

In my city I met an ex-pat at Immigration. His Thai wife speaks some Chinese which pleased my Chinese wife.

Now there is a little group of 5 or 6 couples that meet almost every Saturday night for dinner and drinks at a local market.. It is quite nice to chatter in English with the guys.

One couple has a young lad and him and our 8 year old daughter enjoy gaming together on their tablets and generally running amuck. So everyone is happy.

• 2 months later...
On 4/13/2017 at 7:23 AM, 2unique said:

There are quite a few Facebook groups and there is a single dad's Bangkok do should be a single moms.

To be honest most of my western female friends are older from the British Club but clubs like these and Rotary are out there.

Men hmmmm most  (from observation) won't go near a 42 year old Thai let alone the feared and dreaded white woman!!! Hahaha

Do you live centrally?

Do you work?

Kid in school?

I'm at the upper end of that age,  and, did meet a younger Thai guy,  we finally married. He wasn't/isn't cheap. Hoping he's an exception, he says he doesn't worry about looks, it's what's inside.  It hasn't been an easy road.????

• 2 months later...
On 5/10/2019 at 5:34 PM, Kerrie R said:

I'm at the upper end of that age,  and, did meet a younger Thai guy,  we finally married. He wasn't/isn't cheap. Hoping he's an exception, he says he doesn't worry about looks, it's what's inside.  It hasn't been an easy road.????

just seen this come through - well done (I think) let's hope he's exceptional ????

On ‎4‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 5:14 AM, Talin74 said:

I didn't mean only men ( although that sounds good too .. lol).. back at home we all have our friends, neighbors, soccer moms .. heck even mail man.. hehehe..  I will be here for very long time and it's sad that chances of having meaningful human connections, building friendships are very slim. 

Even farang men have a hard time finding real friends in LOS outside the bars. Romantic friendships are usually financially inspired.

Are you religious, as a Church can be a source of friendship.

You could try an expat group. I know Pattaya has one, so Bangkok probably does.

TVF has a women only sub forum which you could try.

• 4 months later...
On 6/13/2017 at 1:52 PM, observer90210 said:

why should one not invite them to the house?

They don't need inviting. My son gets picked up for school in a minivan with a supervising teacher on board. This morning the van pulled up, the teacher jumped out (pretty little thing) quickly wai'd me and walked straight past me and into the house. Came back out several minutes later, wai'd me again and off she went. Not a word spoken. My wife had been in the house so I asked her what that was all about. Apparently she wanted a dump. Nice.

That's what I love about Thailand, the community thing, your mango tree is my mango tree, your herb garden is my herb garden et al. I feel more at home here than anywhere I've ever lived.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

On 3/7/2019 at 1:25 PM, OzMan said:

Try living in London or any big city. You will hear exactly the same comments.

• 2 months later...

Hi Talin 74

I live in Merida, Mexico, where the women have backsides that you could balance a cup and saucer on, completely different to Thai or Aussie women, I'm going back to Brizzie in a couple of months, shall see if I can persuade a lady to try Mexico, which is a fabulous place.

On 4/11/2017 at 11:50 PM, eldragon said:

Bangkok is a tough place for socializing if you're in your late 30s/early 40s. Especially if you're not into the high-end scene. Then again, I don't know what people do at night back home if they're not into bars. Dinners and movies, I guess. Night markets are good, but they're a bit young. To be frank, you're gonna have a hard time meeting men, even for a platonic relationship. In case you haven't noticed, many of us enjoy the local women. I suggest cooking. Find a place with a proper kitchen. Experiment with some local ingredients. There's also travel. Take advantage of cheap flights, hotels, etc. if you can afford it.

How insufferably patronising.

• Like 1

On 4/13/2017 at 4:36 PM, BigKahuna said:

I like you. You want to fit in. A lot of foreigners have no intention of fitting in to anything other than a farang situation.

There are also many who do find a way to fit in quietly without wearing the announcement pinned to their chests like a big shiny medal of honour.

On 4/13/2017 at 3:03 PM, jenifer d said:

hmmm, i will be 61 years tomorrow-

so <deleted> on your statement-

i set out to learn the language IMMEDIATELY when i got here 7 1/2 yrs ago-

and yes, i DO have a "bee in my bonnet" about this-

even were i to move to Sweden (where people are REQUIRED to learn English as 2nd language), i would start to study/learn Swedish IMMEDIATELY-

and i will ALWAYS state, categorically, that those who come here

to live (especially if they marry Thai woman- but regardless)

MUST learn the language AND the culture (at least some)-

otherwise you are just nothing better than a modern-day colonist...

i will ALWAYS take the hard line about this-

i am loved and accepted and respected in my community, and throughout Thailand, because i DO venerate the culture, speak the language,

and am an amazing musician (yes, that helps!!!) 

You also seem quite enamoured of yourself.

• Like 1

On 4/13/2017 at 9:43 AM, Wilsonandson said:

Your in Thailand! Why did you come here? To socialize with westerners? Should have stayed at home.

I came here because of the Thai people not the westerners living here. I couldn't speak Thai. It's not important just get outside where ever you live and mix with the locals. After a week or two you'll start making friends and learning Thai. After a year you'll be semi fluent and have many friends. Just remember the golden rule, don't let them in the house.

Why? 

I've had plenty of Thai women in my house and none of them have stolen the cutlery......... yet

1 hour ago, Merida said:

Hi Talin 74

I live in Merida, Mexico, where the women have backsides that you could balance a cup and saucer on, completely different to Thai or Aussie women, I'm going back to Brizzie in a couple of months, shall see if I can persuade a lady to try Mexico, which is a fabulous place.

How exactly does this help the op? ????

• 1 month later...

Hello All,

I didn't know that there will be lots of people here ????

I have posted the same question. I was relocated here too due to work and I fall in love living in Bangkok. 

One of few who suggested "make Thai friends" -- obviously, most of us has met one or two Thai friends here.

I'm surrounded with Thai colleagues and yes I also joined a club where I learned Thai lessons every week.

I do like exploring a lot and going to places and yes cooking. I have decorated my condo and been planting for months now. 

Not so often but I tried to join meetups but these are not stable to have genuine friends or connection. It's either they are newly married and no kids yet, husband is at work.. or they consistently show up to these events (and I don't know what's their intention of meeting random strangers then move on to the next event... bottom line is I don't want to waste my time with these things).

So the essence of this thread is to make friends with all the ladies, someone to hang out with. Not DATING. Cultivate richer values, experiences, shared hobbies. 

Edited by Jozel
add more texts

14 hours ago, Jozel said:

Hello All,

I didn't know that there will be lots of people here ????

I have posted the same question. I was relocated here too due to work and I fall in love living in Bangkok. 

One of few who suggested "make Thai friends" -- obviously, most of us has met one or two Thai friends here.

I'm surrounded with Thai colleagues and yes I also joined a club where I learned Thai lessons every week.

I do like exploring a lot and going to places and yes cooking. I have decorated my condo and been planting for months now. 

Not so often but I tried to join meetups but these are not stable to have genuine friends or connection. It's either they are newly married and no kids yet, husband is at work.. or they consistently show up to these events (and I don't know what's their intention of meeting random strangers then move on to the next event... bottom line is I don't want to waste my time with these things).

So the essence of this thread is to make friends with all the ladies, someone to hang out with. Not DATING. Cultivate richer values, experiences, shared hobbies. 

Try  https://www.internations.org/bangkok-expats    They have  meetings at least once  a month with men and women from all over the world that work or live in Thailand. Has branches in many other major cities around the world.