Serious Question

ToonBroon

I believe the legal gender assignment of a transgender in Thailand is that the person is defined by it's gender at the time of birth, regardless of gender reassignment surgery. I THINK that's the legal position in Thailand (I want to add a small disclaimer here - I could be incorrect).

From a golfing perspective, there is a chance that there is an entirely different approach. The most apparent justification for a different approach is that it would be inconsistent with policies enforced by a majority of professional golf associations. There was a lot of controversy in this space before a policy change made it possible for transitioned golfers such as Mianne Bagger to join the European Ladies Tour. 

My own opinion - transitioned golfers should be classified according to POST transition. However, a ladyboy who has yet undergone surgery has yet to transition. 

My own opinion is that - if a non-transitioned ladyboy shows up as someone's playing partner - he tee's off from the forward tees with a lady hcp. If not only to eliminate the potential embarrassment should named ladyboy happen to beat my own score, playing from the same tee...:blush:

Many thanks Forethat, yes you are correct, the legal gender assignment of a transgender in Thailand is that the person is defined by it's gender at the time of birth, regardless of gender reassignment surgery. Although I do believe there are moves to relax that rule, to what extend I don't know.

As far as which tee 'he' should tee off from I think, to avoid post match in-house bickering, gossip etc, especially if he beats the captain's wife to the first prize, and by definition as he is legally a man, he therefore should tee off from the back tees with a man's hcp. Can't see it being any other way.

TB