Krabi gets tourism boost for Songkran as visitors expected to spend a billion baht in the holidays

webfact

Krabi gets tourism boost for Songkran as visitors expected to spend a billion baht in the holidays

6pm.jpg

Picture: Thai News Agency

KRABI: -- Despite a sluggish start to the year experienced by some the southern province of Krabi is expected to reap a tourism bonanza during Songkran.

Local TAT representative Apichai Aranyik said that 100,000 visitors were expected during the long holidays with spending expected to top a billion baht. Beaches and islands were experiencing 100 per cent occupancy, he said.

Direk Prangkaew of the Krabi Hoteliers' Association told TNews that the January to March period had been slower than expected.

But he was upbeat about Songkran saying that the occupancy rates of 80 -100% were similar to last year.

Wattana Rerngsamut of the Krabi Tourist Business Operators' group said that hotels on the beaches had 100 per cent occupancy and it was 80 - 100 per cent elsewhere.

He said that most of the tourists were Asians and Thais at this time as the regular Scandinavian and European visitors had now mostly returned home.

Source: Thai News Agency

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-04-12

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Local TAT representative Apichai Aranyik said that 100,000 visitors were expected during the long holidays with spending expected to top a billion baht.

Did they survey 100,000 people and get their spending numbers down to the last baht? My calculation is 999,999,999.99 bahts. I think one person that I polled dropped a baht in the sand. 

Archived