Bangkok dad fed up with his lazy, aggressive son empties his .38 into him

webfact

Bangkok dad fed up with his lazy, aggressive son empties his .38 into him

3am.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

BANGKOK: -- A Bangkok father who claimed he was assaulted frequently by his lazy son finally had enough. He picked up a .38 gun and shot him five times in the head and body.

Police in the Rathanathibet area of Nonthaburi found 42 year old Nammon Thetkaew dead in the family living room at a two story house in Ngam Wong Wan Road Soi 31.

The shooter - his father Winai Thetkaew, 73 - had fled the scene in an Isuzu pick-up truck.

The victim's mother Arom said she was awaken by the sound of gunfire downstairs and went to see what was happening. She found her own son lying dead in a pool of blood. The victim was the couple's youngest child.

The victim and his father were always arguing, she told police. The father scolded him for not having a job while the son damaged property and assaulted his father frequently, said Arom.

Police hunted for the shooter and he was soon found trying to pawn a gold ring at a pawn shop in Ngam Wong Wan Road Soi 23.

He was arrested and the murder weapon was retrieved.

At the station Winai admitted everything, reported Thai Rath. Following the murder Winai said he had taken pictures of what he done on a phone. He then went to develop the pictures.

After that he got a haircut then went to a local temple to make merit.

Then he went to the pawn shop where the police made the arrest.

He was charged with murder and detained.

Source: Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-04-13

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bangkok dad fed up with his lazy, aggressive son empties his .38 into him .After that he got a haircut then went to a local temple to make merit. He was charged with murder and detained.

Obviously the offering was insufficient!

19 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Aggressive?

I'd say dad has a tendency to behave that way himself. 

I don't know....I have had a number of elderly Thai (mainly women) tell me that they are mortally afraid of their lazy,aggressive offspring-usually the males but that is not always so as some females get into the act as well.The fear exists on two levels.The first is,quite naturally,the fear of physical/verbal abuse and the second is (sadly) that unless they placate the son they will not be supported in their old age by said oxygen thief-and oxygen thieves are a dime a dozen up here where I live.

"A Bangkok father who claimed he was assaulted frequently by his lazy son finally had enough."

No surprise here. Why wasn't he confronted for his laziness when he was younger?  Why wasn't he kicked out of the house when he was old enough to get a job and start supporting himself?   It appears like the son was raised as a typical spoiled male..Lazy and violent when he didn't get his way. As they say down south (USA that is).."You plant a butter bean, you get a butter bean".

1 hour ago, Odysseus123 said:

I don't know....I have had a number of elderly Thai (mainly women) tell me that they are mortally afraid of their lazy,aggressive offspring-usually the males but that is not always so as some females get into the act as well.The fear exists on two levels.The first is,quite naturally,the fear of physical/verbal abuse and the second is (sadly) that unless they placate the son they will not be supported in their old age by said oxygen thief-and oxygen thieves are a dime a dozen up here where I live.

Not saying the son wasn't aggressive, but emptying a gun into someone does suggest anger issues. 

This is by far the best part: 

Seriously though, I don't blame the dad.  The cops would do nothing, and his 30 year younger son would overpower him every time. 

2 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

Reading the headline, I expected the son to be a juvenile.

42 y.o., what a waster. I am surprised his dad waited so long.

And apparently a bully who abused his elderly father.

A pity the old guy will suffer for this gift to society.

39 minutes ago, jaltsc said:

"A Bangkok father who claimed he was assaulted frequently by his lazy son finally had enough."

No surprise here. Why wasn't he confronted for his laziness when he was younger?  Why wasn't he kicked out of the house when he was old enough to get a job and start supporting himself?   It appears like the son was raised as a typical spoiled male..Lazy and violent when he didn't get his way. As they say down south (USA that is).."You plant a butter bean, you get a butter bean".

Oh how I agree jaltsc. This country is full of enablers. Parenting skills are appallingly lacking. Parents seem to not understand how to say NO to their children. Seems like kids her are given authority over parents. I'll never understand this. Oh and permissive parenting is the least respected amongst grown children. But again I wonder about Thai women. They raise males and then bitch about lazy Thai men. Wellllllllllllllllll who allowed this to develop. I point mainly to Thai women b/c many/most Thai men take off when the woman gets pregnant... at least around here (Isaan) they do. 

4 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Not saying the son wasn't aggressive, but emptying a gun into someone does suggest anger issues. 

I don't know...once again...and I always like your interesting posts anyway.

There have been numerous stories on TV of elderly people-usually grannies-murdered by sons or male relatives due to the fact that they have finally stood their ground whilst the male parasite demands money for the Lao Khao or YaBa once again.

I note that this gentleman is 73.That is a long life before you finally snap.

Male parasitism is very big around here.It is,in actual fact, a self entitled and much demanded "right" on about the same level as getting into your pick-up whilst dead drunk and going off to slaughter your fellow citizens.

40 minutes ago, alfalfa19 said:

This is by far the best part: 

Seriously though, I don't blame the dad.  The cops would do nothing, and his 30 year younger son would overpower him every time. 

Never mind the temple bit,but I was amazed not only by the haircut---- doesn't a barber have a notorious reputation of talking and asking "how are you today"---"anything happening in your life lately"----"you look happy, you won Lotto?" Then after shooting his Son,he takes pictures and to cap it all off he goes to GET THEM DEVELOPED??? Did the man in the shop not make any comments----- Like"sorry mate but this one did not come out too clear, may have to take that one again !!! Think Dad must have been high on something

10 minutes ago, prakhonchai nick said:

Went to the temple to make merit.  ..Unbelievable!!!!!!!!

I don't think that it is unbelievable.He was probably in a state of shock but apart from taking the photos (?self confession) went along quite a traditional path.Dressed nicely,trimmed himself up,went to the temple to aplogise/make merit and then just waited.

73 years old.I see elderly grannies being terrorized-either covertly or overtly-in this village most everyday and as they say "What can I do..I am old..I have no-one ."

Well..he did it.

know what ya mean, i was in a clinic with a friend in Pattaya two days ago, two kids, about 5/7 running riot in there, with mum and dad and no one lifted an eyelid (pun intended) as is the norm i think. was realy pissing me off, but told to shut my gob, so of course i did lol .

It seems the acceleration of people losing their minds is accelerating.

I believe the majority of the acceleration is caused by displaced anger.

The father was probably angry over many other issues and a minor flare up with the son caused a sudden, split second, violent, uncontrollable event that killed his son.

Be very careful with family and friends who have many, stressful,  known problems and anger issues for your own safety.   They're capable of anything?  :sleepy:

Is this how we handle anger, a .38, surely there were other alternatives, RIP to the son and God give the mother the strength to go on after losing her son, as for the father, well the death of your son will be in your memory of guilt until the day you take your last breath, sad for the family, very sad, regardless of race, a life has past all too soon.

Archived