Happy Songkran? Motorists pelted with urine, raw fish, motor oil

webfact

Happy Songkran? Motorists pelted with urine, raw fish, motor oil

By Asaree Thaitrakulpanich, Staff Reporter

17884645_1627387743967915_1597757857634139653_n-copy-696x500.jpg

Motorcycle riders hit by a bag of what looks like motor oil Thursday early morning in Chonburi. Photo: Saha Group-Laem Chabang / Facebook

CHONBURI — Local police said Thursday they were searching for a group of youths who were seen tossing bags filled with urine and other foul fluids at passing motorcycles and cars.

After the Facebook page Saha Group-Laem Chabang posted photos of youths chucking bags of urine, rotten eggs, fish sauce, pla-raa and motor oil Thursday early morning, Chonburi motorists redirected their travel routes to avoid the Liap Chai Fung Bridge for fear of being soaked in grime.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/calamity/2017/04/13/happy-songkran-motorists-pelted-urine-raw-fish-motor-oil/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2017-04-13

33 minutes ago, balo said:

Stay home! Don't leave you house until it's over is my advice.  

And when it's over the real party begins . 

Extended section on the Lie Low strategy in the FAQ here.

One can certainly use the time for a special holiday at home. Break out that Macallan's.

good life

How 'bout we just stay in, darlin'?

Party time!

The unnecessaries are just as important as the necessaries.

You gotta treat this as a vacation at home and look forward to it. Have on hand a 9 days' supply of good booze and other mood enhancers, baccy (Friendship), vids, music (internet radio helps), vitamin V, and wimmen. (Married members should start well in advance orienting the wives to the idea of threesomes at home.) Pamper yourself! Indulge (as only we cesspoolians can) safely, comfortably, oblivious to the hooligans reigning in the streets a la Shaun Of The Dead. You deserve it!

And yes, emerging unscathed after the debacle in the streets is over and the water hooligans have all buggered off is--ah, mighty fine. How nice not to have to catch a plane back and hassle with transportation from the airport. The cleanup's begun; you can travel freely; all the delights of Pattaya are moving back into position and awaiting your return, you hansum man. Massage? Buffet at the Hilton? Brews with views? It's a beautiful day to dive headfirst back into the cesspool.

10 youths arrested for throwing dirty water filled in plastic bags at passing cars

119_Egg.png

CONBURI: -- Ten youths were arrested by Chon Buri police on Wednesday night for allegedly throwing dirty water filled in plastic bags at cars travelling on a bridge running parallel to the beach in Muang district.

Dozens of police from Muang district were mobilized to crack down on the rowdy youths after several complaints were lodged with the police station by motorists travelling on the bridge that their cars were pelted with dirty water and even used engine oil filled in plastic bags.

Ten youths were rounded up by the police and taken to the Muang district police station where they were charged with harassments and causing disturbance to the other people.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/10-youths-arrested-throwing-dirty-water-filled-plastic-bags-passing-cars/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-04-14

16 hours ago, rebo said:

Well well, I already hear some people calling it 'adorable ancient Thai tradition' ...

It IS an adorable Thai tradition as long as it is performed around the local temples, washing the elderlies hands, Buddha statues and use a small bowl with colored water covered with flower blossoms. 

Unfortunately this adorable Thai tradition has evoluated to an insane explosion of released frustration justified by just one expression: "Lent nam (play with water)". 

It's the most disgusting Thai "tradition" at the moment, mostly fed by an overdose of alcohol and drugs.

"why are people only getting het up because dirty things are thrown?"

Precisely! Even when the water's clean it's normally mixed with blocks of ice. The whole celebration has become obnoxious and nothing like the gentle traditional festival it's meant to be. Here in Pattaya we've got about another eight days of the festering thing to look forward to. Wish I could go on holiday abroad like these rich smeggers.

I walked out of our village in Pak Kret with my little 6-year old daughter yesterday.

I was watchful and ever alert for danger and over the top "celebrations".

We were invited to the other side of the main road where a small group of families were celebrating and playing with water and the passing vehicles.

I was amazed and touched at how well the group, especially the youngsters, looked after my daughter (half Thai, half me) and the kids even  ritually pasted some clay on me and then washed it off (before giving me a good dousing with icy water!).

The adults were very friendly and shared their Sam Song, Red Label and so on willingly.  The day passed very enjoyably and, overall, the spirit was very good between the roadside groups and the passing targets motorists.

After experiencing the chaos and carnage in central Bangkok and Pattaya, this was a real breath of fresh air.

As someone who is usually quick to point out the wrongs of this beautiful country, I thought it only fair to highlight and share the good.

...throwing anything at anytime at any persons on a motor cycle should be banned and treated as a serious offence...when are the legislators and reformists going to take the loss of life and injury serious !

i am staying in until it is all over,some idiot sprayed water all over my car on the 12th,before it had even started,i had the back windows down and the seat got wet,luckily so far in my soi very quiet,there is a party somewhere nearby ,but far enough away as not to disturb me. These idiots throwing the oil and urine should be jailed.

What these youth did was stupid and mean spirited and wrong. As a teenager we egged a few cars which was stupid and wrong and for the life of me I can't remember why we thought that was ok. Not justifying what they did or what we did. Deserves some punishment if caught.  

Many of my Expat friends avoid songkran. I have only been to two. One on Silom Road in BKk two years ago and I was not ready for the crowds and water. 

This year went to Khon Kaen accompanied by a Khon Kaen woman. Streets blocked off from car traffic. Over 8 great bands playing on nice stages. Many kids soaking people. Also beautiful young Thai women on stage and walking everywhere.  Many older pretty Thai woman dancing in Thai dress and laughing and friendly. The Thai youth males seem friendly and happy to me in the crowds and so far no negative experiences.  Not a lot of nudity but some of the most beautiful girls on the planet walking around wet and having fun. Enjoying the Khon Kaen songkran and will return here next year.  

Archived