British tourist dead after fall in front of Sweetheart Go-Go in Pattaya

webfact

British tourist dead after fall in front of Sweetheart Go-Go in Pattaya

brit.jpg

Picture: Siamchon News

PATTAYA: -- Tourists ran in terror in Walking Street, Pattaya, this morning after a British man fell naked to his death from a guest house above a Go-Go bar.

Police and medics who rushed to the scene found 31 year old Andrew Christopher Laidler barely breathing, reported Siamchon News.

They had to part a crowd of some 100 Thai and foreign tourists who had gathered around his body. He was given CPR then transferred to Pattaya Memorial but was pronounced dead at the hospital.

Witnesses said that people ran in terror around 4am when they heard the sound of the man hitting the road. Concerned tourists made a space in the crowd so he could breathe and a towel was found to give him some modesty.

But it was all in vain.

The incident happened in front of Sweetheart Go-Go Bar in Walking Street, South Pattaya.

Mr Laidler had been staying in room A26 above the bar. Police said rooms there were rented out on a daily basis.

Police said there were no valuables in the room and no sign of any struggle.

They are concerned that he was naked and are gathering witness statements and examining CCTV as the investigation continues.

Source: Siamchon News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-04-14

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

R.I.P.  Too young to meet such an end. The only thing about this that concerns me, apart from how he died, is that the story says NO valuables were found in his room.

Surely he must have had a wallet, a phone, a passport, camera? What happened to all of it? That none of these were found, to me suggests possible foul play.

3 minutes ago, darksidedog said:

R.I.P.  Too young to meet such an end. The only thing about this that concerns me, apart from how he died, is that the story says NO valuables were found in his room.

Surely he must have had a wallet, a phone, a passport, camera? What happened to all of it? That none of these were found, to me suggests possible foul play.

I think the "no valuables" implies a short time, by the hour, room. Technically the bar rents rooms daily so far as the police are concerned. Odd thing is, many people pay the 300 for a day and leave after an hour.

1 hour ago, Peterw42 said:

I think the "no valuables" implies a short time, by the hour, room. Technically the bar rents rooms daily so far as the police are concerned. Odd thing is, many people pay the 300 for a day and leave after an hour.

RIP

Happened at 4am this morning Thai time. Full name and age printed by TV. No mention of the British Embassy being informed and name  of deceased being withheld until relatives are contacted!!

Hope more detailed information is released very soon by the police, so that relatives don't have to read what might have happened by all the TV detectives.

RIP young man.

1 hour ago, Peterw42 said:

sherlock_s.jpg

35 minutes ago, JSixpack said:

Maybe because of Songkran he'd left his valuables back in his real hotel room.

Very astute observation. Another tragic story of farang in critical condition being taken to Pattaya Memorial. There must have been a change in policy there. RIP young man, way to early to go and hopefully his family will be notified in a more dignified manner than reading on here he was naked outside a brothel.  

He was given CPR then transferred to Pattaya Memorial but was pronounced dead at the hospital.

OMG, RIP, poor guy. Memorial isn't the best hospital in town.

I was there twice and had no other choice at that time. First time with a food poisoning where they didn't make the right diagnosis, thought it was my pancreas and made all worse. Of course, did they keep me a few days to make money, my insurance was willing to pay for after some phone calls.

They wanted to keep me when I was already, okay, just to make some more money and I had to sign a letter that I wanted to leave. 

The second time after I had a motorbike accident with oil right in the damn curve. There's no way to prevent the crash and my passenger ( a male hotel guest who wanted to change money) and I needed plenty of stitches, without proper anesthesia.

Opposite m was a guy who had a big bike accident with countless broken bones. He survived, but I wouldn't give the credit to the hospital, to be honest.

Looking at the picture, giving CPR, after such a fall with eventually broken bones,  inner bleeding, broken ribs, etc? 

It doesn't look very professional to me. 

The stairway to arr heaven? Looks loke a ladyboy bar to me.....

Sweet heart.jpg

1 hour ago, colinneil said:

If no valuables were found, and he was naked, sounds more like he was pushed.

Young man comes here for a holiday, and will go home in a body bag, tragic.

Too young to die, R.I.P. young man.

hmmm ..... really strange ,  but definitely looks like foul play ...

surely being above a girl bar he was with a thai girl  ?

who was she  ?

bar workers should know ?

was he drunk ?  did she take his credit card ?  

sure is a mystery

11 minutes ago, steven100 said:

who was she  ?

sure is a mystery

Some brothels in that area control the rooms above/beside them, not allowing other prostitutes to enter etc.. I don't know about this place in particular. There was no mention of a companion in the room other than the fact nothing was found in said room which indicates foul play or at least, he/she took the money and phone etc.. We should at this point focus our prayers on the deceased and his family, if any, and let the police figure out it it was foul play and the bar has some responsibility. I'm sure the other prostitutes will rat on their co-worker if he/she came from said brothel underneath the rooms. CCTV will perhaps reveal if they came from the street itself vs. the one brothel. Let's move on and let him RIP. God Bless You and OO.

20 minutes ago, steven100 said:

who was she  ?

sure is a mystery

It's indeed very mysterious that he didn't have valuables, a passport, any other ID, maybe some gold, etc..

Every cop must smell the smell that's around it. Can't you smell that smell?

A goodbye song for the poor guy. Cops will surely close this case as another suicide. RIP. 

"Tomorrow I'll not be around for you.".................

2 minutes ago, ajarngreg said:

It's indeed very mysterious that he didn't have valuables, a passport, any other ID, maybe some gold, etc..

A goodbye song for the poor guy. Cops will surely close this case as another suicide. RIP. 

yeah  ......  I can smell fish ...  buts that's only because it's good friday. :shock1:

3 minutes ago, ajarngreg said:

There is no smell of money unless the brothel is implicated or they find his "real" hotel room and a safe in it, and I mean quickly. All other smells are irrelevant at this point, to the Thai police anyhow. RIP. 

4 minutes ago, BruceMangosteen said:

There is no smell of money unless the brothel is implicated or they find his "real" hotel room and a safe in it, and I mean quickly. All other smells are irrelevant at this point, to the Thai police anyhow. RIP. 

There's this "law" where all foreigners have to show their passports that the staff can inform the Immigration. You'd be surprised how much information they've got about you.

I truly hope that his relatives were already informed and are on their way. Sad news for his wife, friends, family. Where the heck's god when you need him? Waiting for Godot? 

I assume that relatives and friends will read this as well, so please be cool. RIP, wherever that is. 

44 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

this place is called walking street guesthouse and it is not a short time place per se.

still, seems like a 10-15 m fall…..unlucky.

Are you really trying to say that nobody would use these rooms to have fun with an employee of the bar next door? BTW, some people pay for long time. 

9 minutes ago, steven100 said:

yeah  ......  I can smell fish ...  buts that's only because it's good friday. :shock1:

Wow, thanks for the reminder. Had totally forgotten Easter this weekend. Time to look for my eggs. 

7 minutes ago, ajarngreg said:

Are you really trying to say that nobody would use these rooms to have fun with an employee of the bar next door? BTW, some people pay for long time. 

Ive seen this place advertised online…the owner appears to be scandinavian and he has a thread for it on a bingo players sex forum.

Im sure he probably has an arrangement with sweethearts for ST clients. Just saying I don't think it is a "love motel" that only rents by the hour.

2 hours ago, darksidedog said:

He possibly rented it out for a "short time". If I were renting out a room for a similar reason as I suspect he was.....I would make sure I too had no valuables in my possesion. ....May he RIP.

Just now, Deez said:

Probably the low guard rail. Most don't even come up to your waist. Not hard to imagine leaning over and falling..

But that would assume that he was quite happy to be standing on the balcony, stark naked, in full view of anyone who looked upwards.

Given where he was, I would assume he was not alone, but that person obviously wasn't there when the police came calling.

It's the no valuables that keeps coming back to me. Even if staying somewhere else, he should have had a wallet or some cash.

Maybe he fell out while looking for the bathroom, drunk and in the dark and his companion paid herself and left.

2 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

I thought the police closed all those places during raids to clean up the sex image.  I recall an english guy being arrested after found in bed with a thai during the raids

35 minutes ago, ajarngreg said:

There's this "law" where all foreigners have to show their passports that the staff can inform the Immigration. You'd be surprised how much information they've got about you.

I truly hope that his relatives were already informed and are on their way. Sad news for his wife, friends, family. Where the heck's got when you need him? 

I assume that relatives and friends will read this as well, so please be cool. RIP, wherever that is. 

Short time "hotels" and "guesthouses" don't exactly care about the "law" regarding registration of people. They care about the money.

Familys don't generally "come" to recover the remains of deceased. Usually, if they actually get involved, they fund the return of the remains to the homeland which can be as much as 20,000.Euros/Pounds/USD's. 

I doubt many, if any, read this forum.

So we are once again thrusting all our problems in life on the Thai Government when we come here without proper instructions in order and without any health care insurance clearly shown and without basically, a care in the world about the conduct we demonstrate to the Thai people and the Kingdom itself.

RIP

Archived