British tourist dead after fall in front of Sweetheart Go-Go in Pattaya

webfact

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, tukkytuktuk said:

This is the same room Steve died in. Prove me wrong. Prove it! I'm not bs. This is Sweethearts a gogo not Sweethearts bar guest house hotel.

They (Chris and Steve) stayed at Sweethearts a gogo in walking street.

Why not do some research, you'll see I'm right.

You are the one making the claim. It is up to you to support  your claim.

What does it matter if it was the same room? In my old condo in Patong, one person died and was not discovered for a few days  and another  cut himself on a broken bottle and bled to death. Both were described as "mysterious". The reality was that one guy had heart disease and was a chain smoker and sedentary.  The other guy was an alcoholic and drank until he would pass out.

In the case of the deceased,  it seems to me that a naked young male who tumbled  from a room  was most likely confused and disoriented. It could have been from drink, fatigue or other substances. It is not unusual for people to fall off a balcony  here as the  balconies are not built to safe standards.  It is highly unlikely that a young male would jump naked from a low rise. It's just not done. Look at the size of the  guy. If you think some  little Thai lady boy hoisted him up and over, you are dreaming. Misadventure is the most likely scenario.

Whatever the  reason, that gogo is officially cursed. They will need to  buy a truckload of bogeyman begone amulets from Daisu.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/naked-british-tourist-falls-death-10226737

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3331400/naked-brit-tourist-31-falls-to-his-death-from-hotel-balcony-in-thailand/

A British man has reportedly fallen to his death from the balcony of a Thai hotel.

Christopher Laidler, 31, is said to be naked when he fell from the balcony of the same seedy guest house where Scottish ex-soldier Steve Balfour was found dead in 2016.

Crime scene of Steve in 2016 with Lady boy. Matches the room of Christopher 2017.
Floor tiles same.
Skirting board same.
Towels same colour.
This is the same room. 2 Britain's have died here now in a year. Coincidence?

Most of the cheaper rooms I've stayed in all have the same interior etc. I don't see how you can deduce it's the same room from that tbh

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

3 hours ago, tukkytuktuk said:

Here's the crime scenes.

1492406967245.jpg1492406990394.jpg

The towels from that room seem to be the same towels that the latest deceased was covered by (from the OP)

So, he probably didnt fall when he was naked , he probably had a room towel wrapped around him, that fell off as he fell 

Here's the crime scenes.

1492406967245.jpg1492406990394.jpg

was that girl involved ?   where is his credit cards  ?   did the cops tell him folks at home because they will be angry if they didn't because the Embassy was closed ....

where is his mobile ?  did someone take it  ??

this is a mystery   ....    people don't fall naked from bar girl rooms  ..

Look at the size of the  guy. If you think some  little Thai lady boy hoisted him up and over, you are dreaming. Misadventure is the most likely scenario.

"Little Thai ladyboy"?  You gotta be kidding, a lot of them are men with skirts and did some Muay Thai before.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/naked-british-tourist-falls-death-10226737

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3331400/naked-brit-tourist-31-falls-to-his-death-from-hotel-balcony-in-thailand/

Crime scene of Steve in 2016 with Lady boy. Matches the room of Christopher 2017.

Floor tiles same.

Skirting board same.

Towels same colour.

are you saying 2 brits died from this room ?    were they both pushed out the window ?

folks don't jump naked imo ...    this is serious stuff.

35 minutes ago, sanemax said:

The towels from that room seem to be the same towels that the latest deceased was covered by (from the OP)

So, he probably didnt fall when he was naked , he probably had a room towel wrapped around him, that fell off as he fell 

Curiouser, and curiouser.

But may i ask a question, and lets get it straight, i am only asking, i am not forming an opinion, so i dont need the who do you' or what the hell guys getting on to me, nor the have respect or, have you know decency, ok?

On several occasions over the past i have noticed that when somebody dies , on occasion a member of the family posts some information about the deceased, in pretty quick time. Do TV have a way of knowing if these people are who they say they are? Or do the posts just go through and we all assume that its the truth. Because when that happens, many op's (myself included) post sympathy posts or condolence posts.There are many weirdo's out there who post stuff(its a completely anonymous forum)because they have a sensationalist deprivation disorder.Just like the guys who are serial killers and cant stop calling the police force.

I wont give the friend's username, but there's not been a word since.

I am simply wondering.

2 hours ago, steven100 said:

are you saying 2 brits died from this room ?    were they both pushed out the window ?

folks don't jump naked imo ...    this is serious stuff.

The UK papers seem to back him up if you read the links, though it doesnt claim its the same room only the same "seedy" hotel (to use the papers words)

Floor tiles same.
Skirting board same.
Towels same colour.

Most of the cheaper rooms I've stayed in all have the same interior etc. I don't see how you can deduce it's the same room from that tbh

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Now this poster is telling the truth and because of the British tabloid stories so did I until I spent another hour researching the Steve Balfour case. Here is another photograph of the room from a Thai newspaper.NjpUs24nCQKx5e1EaerUVtb0jmuOTUrZaVvdaRvEOkA.jpg

It seems that I was wrong and that indeed many rooms in Pattaya have the same interior.

I would like to apologies to Chris and Steves family if I upset them. I was just doing some armchair detective work.

Again my condolences to both families. R.I.P

Curiouser, and curiouser.
But may i ask a question, and lets get it straight, i am only asking, i am not forming an opinion, so i dont need the who do you' or what the hell guys getting on to me, nor the have respect or, have you know decency, ok?
On several occasions over the past i have noticed that when somebody dies , on occasion a member of the family posts some information about the deceased, in pretty quick time. Do TV have a way of knowing if these people are who they say they are? Or do the posts just go through and we all assume that its the truth. Because when that happens, many op's (myself included) post sympathy posts or condolence posts.There are many weirdo's out there who post stuff(its a completely anonymous forum)because they have a sensationalist deprivation disorder.Just like the guys who are serial killers and cant stop calling the police force.
I wont give the friend's username, but there's not been a word since.
I am simply wondering.

I know what you mean I've thought about the same thing myself since he posted the other day. It's always strange when someone posts so quick and then vanishes especially when they are a new user. My heart hopes it's not some weirdo but I wouldn't rule it but sadly.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

9 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

I know what you mean I've thought about the same thing myself since he posted the other day. It's always strange when someone posts so quick and then vanishes especially when they are a new user. My heart hopes it's not some weirdo but I wouldn't rule it but sadly.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

My sentiments exactly. I am glad that someone has the same sort of mind as me.

On ‎4‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 7:14 PM, lamyai3 said:

No, that was a different place, got busted for operating short time rooms on the premises. Here, it looks like these rooms are not on the premises of the bar (in spite of being directly above), there's a separate staircase entrance alongside the bar and it looks to be run as a separate business. These rooms are used frequently by both girls and LBs who do a brisk trade right outside there after closing....  "I have room... '

No wish to cast aspersions on the deceased in any event, there's no conclusive evidence provided of anything here. I really wish the press would show a bit more respect and refrain from publishing people's full details in cases like this. 

Yeah.  Windmill A gogo I think was the other place I was thinking of with the old foreigner "busted"

7 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

Yeah.  Windmill A gogo I think was the other place I was thinking of with the old foreigner "busted"

This bust (and especially the BIBs decision to proudly announce it all over the internet) was the current event that triggered the release of the Pattaya-shaming Daily Mirror article in the UK.

What's followed since has been a fantastical charade... the city rebranded as a family friendly resort, a place everyone flocks to for the nature, a world class jetski destination, a high end sports hub, a place with no prostitutes - it's the happy zone! :sad:

11 minutes ago, hottrader77 said:

its usual assumption

So NOT a conclusion. Nor is it the usual assumption. Sometimes, speculation--partly because the media ask for it. And they usually make a point to say they'll investigate further, as indeed they did here.

We can do without all the paranoia, conspiracy theories, and farang victimism.

10 minutes ago, JSixpack said:

So NOT a conclusion. Nor is it the usual assumption. Sometimes, speculation--partly because the media ask for it. And they usually make a point to say they'll investigate further, as indeed they did here.

so you conclude it was a normal act then , whats your theory i would love to hear it ?

4 minutes ago, hottrader77 said:

so you conclude it was a normal act then , whats your theory i would love to hear it ?

I don't conclude anything but will be interested, as I said earlier, to follow the case as evidence emerges. Nor did the police conclude anything. But you did, falsely. :)

On 04/18/2017 at 10:06 AM, JSixpack said:

Great post

• 1 year later...
On 4/14/2017 at 11:11 AM, colinneil said:

If no valuables were found, and he was naked, sounds more like he was pushed.

Young man comes here for a holiday, and will go home in a body bag, tragic.

Too young to die, R.I.P. young man.

Do you mean he had to be striped first before he could be pushed ?

• 9 months later...
On 4/14/2017 at 11:11 AM, colinneil said:

If no valuables were found, and he was naked, sounds more like he was pushed.

Young man comes here for a holiday, and will go home in a body bag, tragic.

Too young to die, R.I.P. young man.

makes you wonder if his girlfriend ran off with someone , sweetheart go go , jumping to his death etc etc .....

On 4/14/2017 at 11:12 AM, Peterw42 said:

I think the "no valuables" implies a short time, by the hour, room. Technically the bar rents rooms daily so far as the police are concerned. Odd thing is, many people pay the 300 for a day and leave after an hour.

and 'concerned that he was naked' , in a Soi 6 upstairs room at 4am,  it would have been a surprise if he had not been. Altogether way too suspicious.  

On 7/23/2018 at 6:27 PM, tubby johnson said:

Striped or spotted, makes no difference, especially about a topic more than a year old. Only leopards and giraffes still care.

why not elephants?  I thought they had the long memories? 

Archived