British tourist dead after fall in front of Sweetheart Go-Go in Pattaya

webfact

3 minutes ago, Khon Kaen Dave said:

I found the speculation of the guy being a sleep walker very light hearted. That's  why i asked him if he was having a joke. I suppose i should have said "you are not being Serious, are you" A death in any form is not a joking matter. It just seems to me, and possibly others, that the amount of people that die in this way, is ridiculously high.Its just a matter of statistics, why is falling from a great height so common here.I understand that the parents, and kin of the boy must be in bits over this. And i would not presume to cause any further stress to them.I cannot imagine their feeling of helplessness, as they are so far away, and their boy is in the hands of strangers.There is more to this, than is being told right now.And i found the accusatory statement of him being a sleep walker, rather flippant.But of course anybody close to him would know if he was.

My respects, and sympathy to the relatives of this unfortunate lad.

It was just a suggestion of something that may have happened .

You did the same in speculating that a ladyboy may have been involved

Your above post could easily have been written about you and your speculation

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Khon Kaen Dave said:

And i found the accusatory statement of him being a sleep walker, rather flippant.But of course anybody close to him would know if he was.

Not necessarily true. I have only been told about my sleepwalking on two occasions in my whole life and that was at age 27 and 32. If nobody told you, you would never know. 

8 minutes ago, sanemax said:

It was just a suggestion of something that may have happened .

You did the same in speculating that a ladyboy may have been involved

Your above post could easily have been written about you and your speculation

Ok, dont get too accusatory, I don't know the stats of the poor guy, but do you really think that a 39 kilo bar girl could have done it?

But the post wasn't written about me, it was written about another poor guy. Whats the matter with you? Do you troll through posts with the intention of criticizing them? you need to get out more.And don't forget, as the op said, his parents could be reading this.So knock it on the head ok?

I don't know the stats of the poor guy, but do you really think that a 39 kilo bar girl could have done it?

Which 39 kilo  bar girl are you referring to ?

Which ladyboy was you referring too ?

Do they actually exist, is there any suggestion that there was someone else in the room at the time ?

Or are you just using your imagination and speculating ?

12 minutes ago, wump said:

Not necessarily true. I have only been told about my sleepwalking on two occasions in my whole life and that was at age 27 and 32. If nobody told you, you would never know. 

I find the fact that you have only ever walked in your sleep twice, and at those ages,  interesting. I know a guy who only walks when he is absolutely drunk. He has been known to knock on peoples doors asking them if he can use their toilet.It's always the same question.They say that its your subconcience that is causing you to reenact an earlier dynamic.Did you ever seek medical or psychiatric help for it.

5 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:

this place is called walking street guesthouse and it is not a short time place per se.

still, seems like a 10-15 m fall…..unlucky.

Funny, I use it all the time for ST, should I be staying longer to get my money worth?

2 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Which 39 kilo  bar girl are you referring to ?

Which ladyboy was you referring too ?

Do they actually exist, is there any suggestion that there was someone else in the room at the time ?

Or are you just using your imagination and speculating ?

Many a crime has been solved by people speculating, if nobody ever speculated, then many a crime would have gone unsolved. It would pay our illustrious police force to do a bit more of it, rather than give the cause of death at the scene. As for the Lady boy if there was one, unfortunately i don't know her name, but take a walk down WS and there's a million of them to choose from.And i dont know the name of the 39 kilo bar girl, but she never came into the equation. She was a possible, like the lady boy, a possible. And by the way , Sherlock Holmes really does exist and you can Write to him tat 221B Baker street, London SW. Now be a good chap and stop this ping pong game. Why dont you just wait and see what transpires,

Ps if you are asking if lady boys truly exist, have a trot down beach road or Soi Bukhoauw. You will be absolutely delighted to see that they do.

I really don't want to continue this topic, for decency reasons

6 hours ago, Andrew65 said:

sherlock_s.jpg

Well, this story is more plausible than so many others--in fact, many bars have signs reading rooms for rent, day, week, or month; they fail to state, by the  hour. 

Of course, a short-time during Songkran doesn't explain why no money was found, even if cell phone or camera may have been left in real hotel room--no clothes were mentioned either.  

Many a crime has been solved by people speculating, if nobody ever speculated, then many a crime would have gone unsolved. It would pay our illustrious police force to do a bit more of it, 

Ps if you are asking if lady boys truly exist, have a trot down beach road or Soi Bukhoauw. You will be absolutely delighted to see that they do.

I really don't want to continue this topic, for decency reasons

How many crimes have you solved through speculation ?

None ?

I also wasnt asking whether ladyboys truly exist, I was asking whether a ladyboy was involved in this story . Those are two very different things 

19 minutes ago, Khon Kaen Dave said:

I find the fact that you have only ever walked in your sleep twice, and at those ages,  interesting. I know a guy who only walks when he is absolutely drunk. He has been known to knock on peoples doors asking them if he can use their toilet.It's always the same question.They say that its your subconcience that is causing you to reenact an earlier dynamic.Did you ever seek medical or psychiatric help for it.

I said I have only been TOLD two times. Probably happens a lot more often. As far as I understand, I can't do complex stuff when sleepwalking so locking the door with a chain from the inside and locking the balcony door helps. This way I would know in the morning if I had been sleepwalking as I won't re-lock stuff when sleepwalking. The smarter solution is obviously to drink less and more importantly, to not be overtired from the previous night/day.

1 minute ago, smotherb said:

Try not paying one and see.

I've been bitten badly and threatened with knives, so yes, sometimes they lose it, especially if on yaba or when needing money for yaba or when just losing face for whatever silly reason. That said, pushing someone over the balcony is really intent to murder and I would think this might be quite rare if there was no large financial gain from doing so (like murdering your husband and taking his assets etc.... nobody is going to stay with the wifey in Walking Street).

1 minute ago, wump said:

I've been bitten badly and threatened with knives, so yes, sometimes they lose it, especially if on yaba or when needing money for yaba or when just losing face for whatever silly reason. That said, pushing someone over the balcony is really intent to murder and I would think this might be quite rare if there was no large financial gain from doing so (like murdering your husband and taking his assets etc.... nobody is going to stay with the wifey in Walking Street).

You're stretching it a bit; if high on drugs, it may simply be intent to retaliate; or just plain stupid and not thinking it through--however, my comment was not intended to solve the crime, simply to debunk the comment to which I responded.

RIP Young man.

No dignity but everyone has a camera / video in their hand these days.

This should not be hard to solve for the RTP unless of course they do not wish to or people renting out the ST rooms have a short memory / amnesia.

6 hours ago, BruceMangosteen said:

Very astute observation. Another tragic story of farang in critical condition being taken to Pattaya Memorial. There must have been a change in policy there. RIP young man, way to early to go and hopefully his family will be notified in a more dignified manner than reading on here he was naked outside a brothel.  

Dying by hitting the ground naked outside a brothel. That's bad?  Not my scene but, hey live to the max friends. We don't know when its going to happen.

So many men die in the arms of prostitutes. . . and other young lovelies. I guess we all can't expire peacefully in our rocking chairs.

I say hats off to the boy. As he died in the land of rebirth, may he come back soon.

The hub of death strikes again in the hub of a world class resort, all we need now is is the hub of bullS>>> to start., there is a big message here and that is bodybags to take you home after your holiday death await visitors. The never ending No Sign Of A Struggle jumps out again.

RIP Young fellow, should have gone to V&C.

What can I read next? or what can I not read next, Not That, Not That Not That or CCa will kick in

Maybe better off being dead then.

Sad  death. Condolences  to his  family and friends.

No  congratulations  to the writer of the  headline  however.

I got the impression  some  geriatric geezer dropped dead walking  by the  establishment. 

Never  yet seen a  drop dead gorgeous employee outside  any such place !

7 hours ago, ajarngreg said:

He was given CPR then transferred to Pattaya Memorial but was pronounced dead at the hospital.

OMG, RIP, poor guy. Memorial isn't the best hospital in town.

I was there twice and had no other choice at that time. First time with a food poisoning where they didn't make the right diagnosis, thought it was my pancreas and made all worse. Of course, did they keep me a few days to make money, my insurance was willing to pay for after some phone calls.

They wanted to keep me when I was already, okay, just to make some more money and I had to sign a letter that I wanted to leave. 

The second time after I had a motorbike accident with oil right in the damn curve. There's no way to prevent the crash and my passenger ( a male hotel guest who wanted to change money) and I needed plenty of stitches, without proper anesthesia.

Opposite m was a guy who had a big bike accident with countless broken bones. He survived, but I wouldn't give the credit to the hospital, to be honest.

Looking at the picture, giving CPR, after such a fall with eventually broken bones,  inner bleeding, broken ribs, etc? 

It doesn't look very professional to me. 

The stairway to arr heaven? Looks loke a ladyboy bar to me.....

Sweet heart.jpg

So sorry that hospitals have to make money.  I'm sure you would work for free.

6 hours ago, darksidedog said:

But that would assume that he was quite happy to be standing on the balcony, stark naked, in full view of anyone who looked upwards.

Given where he was, I would assume he was not alone, but that person obviously wasn't there when the police came calling.

It's the no valuables that keeps coming back to me. Even if staying somewhere else, he should have had a wallet or some cash.

Maybe he fell out while looking for the bathroom, drunk and in the dark and his companion paid herself and left.

If they found me dead right now they would say no valuables found on me as I only carry a few thousand baht in my ratty old wallet. That is not valuable.

9 hours ago, colinneil said:

If no valuables were found, and he was naked, sounds more like he was pushed.

Young man comes here for a holiday, and will go home in a body bag, tragic.

Too young to die, R.I.P. young man.

Right, let's jump to conclusions right away.

My suggestion that he might have been sleepwalking wasn't flippant. People have ended up in all kinds of strange situations as a result of sleepwalking. It is a bloody sight better suggestion than the usual mindless and moronic TV crap about he was pushed by a ladyboy etc.

9 hours ago, webfact said:

Mr Laidler had been staying in room A26 above the bar. Police said rooms there were rented out on a daily basis.

Or maybe on an hourly basis.  Could well be that he was staying at a proper hotel somewhere else and using the room for recreational purposes.  Back in my single days I would usually do that, staying in a decent hotel for sleeping and rent something else where the action was for entertaining. Ahhhh! memories :smile:

1 hour ago, wakeupplease said:

The hub of death strikes again in the hub of a world class resort, all we need now is is the hub of bullS>>> to start., there is a big message here and that is bodybags to take you home after your holiday death await visitors.

Hub of "mindless and moronic" forum postings about hubs and of wannabe crimebusters. No, big message here is, if possible, to plan your demise to be in public, like that guy who choked on his noodle soup in a Jomtien restaurant. No bones left for CSI: TVF and the tinfoil hat brigade to worry and gnaw. Other than that, use common sense to minimize the possibilities of getting into potentially risky or otherwise problematic situations.

There is no way this is suicide.

No way a TG pushed him over.

Very possible an LB pushed him.

Sleepwalking drunk is most likely though.

Police will be checking the CCTV (they love that), they should know if the girl or LB left straight after or maybe hours before and that will give the answer.

Archived