British tourist dead after fall in front of Sweetheart Go-Go in Pattaya

webfact

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
56 minutes ago, hottrader77 said:

police conclusion is it was suicide anyone can see that a 31 year old checks into a guest house with no money and no valubles and strips himself naked and jumps from the window so easy to write up in police report 

Where did they conclude that?

The autopsy will check for drugs BTW.

19 hours ago, Bantex said:

I have a friend who used to visit Pattaya years ago when he was in his younger years. He always booked into a decent hotel and left his passport, valuables etc in the room safe but he also rented a cheap room to bring girls back to. He slept in the decent hotel by day and partied in the cheap one by night never taking any valuables there and only went out with enough cash to cover that night.

Perhaps this guy did the same.

This is a sensible thing to do, and in my younger partying days I did the same. However, some here claim the guest house is not a ST affair and is a full registration longstay place. If this is the case then why the absence of valuables in the room if it's his permanent address? If it was for ST fun then why wasn't there a companion in the room with him, otherwise why stay in a ST room? Also, there would be no need to stay in that room once your companion had left, basically you'd leave together. Again, if I wanted to smoke I'd smoke in the room, not hang out of a window. It's not like they would fine me for a sneaky ciggie in a ST room. The whole thing sounds fishy to me with the info given to us so far.

32 minutes ago, Senior Player said:

Also, there would be no need to stay in that room once your companion had left

True; and he didn't stay.

basically you'd leave together.

Not necessarily. Might have decided to linger after getting the companion out ASAP.

Again, if I wanted to smoke I'd smoke in the room, not hang out of a window. It's not like they would fine me for a sneaky ciggie in a ST room.

Very common to have a smoke out on the balcony. I sometimes enjoy a good cigar and a shot o' fine bourbon out on mine. However, CSI: TVF will identify that last Bogart cigarette butt as merely a police plant!

The whole thing sounds fishy to me with the info given to us so far.

Mysteries can always sound "fishy" from one viewpoint or another. It'll be interesting to follow this case.

Another forum, which must remain a secret, had this as a comment.

'He was there on long stay in a GH room not a ST room and his door was locked from the inside...nobody else involved and he was seen to jump.'

A number of comments have been made about reports of a lack of valuables found in the room. Yet those same posters have no comment about how the press have been able to obtain his nationality, full name, age and picture. Can't think of any ST room establishments that request sight of passports prior to use. Whereas GH's.......................

Won't be the first or last time that press reports are not quite 100% accurate.......

31 minutes ago, BruceMangosteen said:

How would anyone be able to follow one of these cases? We still don't have an ending to the story of the British boiler room boss's murder and his wife's status, nor the more intriguing story several years ago of the Russian jet with arms from North Korea impounded upon landing at Don Mueang with strange pilots. God Bless You but these things just go away. OO.

You're ignoring all the cases that do have followup. Sometimes cases are unresolved or the eventual resolution not reported, perhaps because no one really cares at that point.

19 hours ago, wump said:

I said I have only been TOLD two times. Probably happens a lot more often. As far as I understand, I can't do complex stuff when sleepwalking so locking the door with a chain from the inside and locking the balcony door helps. This way I would know in the morning if I had been sleepwalking as I won't re-lock stuff when sleepwalking. The smarter solution is obviously to drink less and more importantly, to not be overtired from the previous night/day.

Heres a mysterious thing. I once owned an old Jag series three. I used to leave it unlocked in the garage, which had a door straight into the house.The GF, in those days loved it. Pristine condition and all that.We went out boozing one night (didnt take the car) The next morning, i went down into the garage and opened the drivers door. In the foot well of the front passenger seat was a box of matches, that had been opened and every match was broken in half and strewn on the floor.It remains a mystery to this day. I dont sleep walk , and never have. The GF Also said the same thing.Never have worked it out. Why matches, Swan Vesta.

21 minutes ago, dabhand said:

Another forum, which must remain a secret, had this as a comment.

'He was there on long stay in a GH room not a ST room and his door was locked from the inside...nobody else involved and he was seen to jump.'

A number of comments have been made about reports of a lack of valuables found in the room. Yet those same posters have no comment about how the press have been able to obtain his nationality, full name, age and picture. Can't think of any ST room establishments that request sight of passports prior to use. Whereas GH's.......................

Won't be the first or last time that press reports are not quite 100% accurate.......

Good info. The confusion here is that "valuables" didn't include the passport or copy of the passport. Maybe a big part of the problem was that he was just all out of valuables at that point . . . .

19 hours ago, sanemax said:

How many crimes have you solved through speculation ?

None ?

I also wasnt asking whether ladyboys truly exist, I was asking whether a ladyboy was involved in this story . Those are two very different things 

You dont get this, do you? How do you think that proper detectives solve cases? Do you think that the perp just walks into the nick and gives himself up, No. They investigate, they ask questions, they start adding up evidence, they look for clues, Then they find out about the victims friends, they find out the histories of these people, then they speculate about who might of done it and why. Is that plain enough for you. That's how investigative measures are pursued. As for you asking if lady boys exist, you asked the question not me. I asked if one could have been involves simply because, a non gelded lady boy would still posses the strength of a man, to toss a fully grown man over a balcony.And as for your last statement about me having not solved a crime through speculation. I don't have to, I'm not a copper. But in these cases the strength of the murderer would be in question.And by the way, i'm not a detective, capable of solving a murder, if that's what it was. Its not my job. But i could knock out a 20th scale drawing of a modified, single stack, fully vented system for a 20 story block. Could you?  No! each to his own brother, and i now expect to see you criticizing every other op on here who casts a view on any other crime posted on here. I asked you before, for the sake of the family, let it go, but you seem to want to carry it on. Why don't you wait and see what transpires.

13 minutes ago, BruceMangosteen said:

If those were wooden matches, it's an ancient voodoo practice to symbolize broken bones. I learned about in on a visit to Haiti many moons ago. God Bless You.

Hi Brucie.

Yes they were wooden matches.Hmmm, i never bothered to ask the GF her original ethnicity, but i don't think she was Haitian .I think she was an East end bird, if her language was anything to go by

Sawadee bee mai.

Chris was.my cousin, his parents found out yesterday. Most of the comments here are very respectable so thank you. He wasn't paying for the room per day..he had been there since the start of his holiday but was about to move hotels as it was too noisy and not what he expected. Im not sure why the hotel are saying people pay by the day. We don't know how this happened yet and it isnt fully making sense. He was very much loved, he has a large family who are all mourning his loss.

3 minutes ago, Ab32 said:

Chris was.my cousin, his parents found out yesterday. Most of the comments here are very respectable so thank you. He wasn't paying for the room per day..he had been there since the start of his holiday but was about to move hotels as it was too noisy and not what he expected. Im not sure why the hotel are saying people pay by the day. We don't know how this happened yet and it isnt fully making sense. He was very much loved, he has a large family who are all mourning his loss.

And you have my profound condolences.

My condolences to you and all his family. Very sad story.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

11 minutes ago, Ab32 said:

My sincere condolences to you and the whole family and friends. 

21 minutes ago, Ab32 said:

Are you in Thailand now? Or are you posting from an 'adrift from Thailand' address?

It's quite shocking how many and under which circumstances foreigners die at a place that many of us call home.

Unfortunately is the UK on top of the victims. 

Source: Farangdeath.com

P.S. Dear Mods, I hope that it's okay to post this graph here. If not, please feel free to delete it. 

Deadly Thailand.png

It's quite shocking how many and under which circumstances foreigners die at a place that many of us call home.

Unfortunately is the UK on top of the victims. 

Source: Farangdeath.com

P.S. Dear Mods, I hope that it's okay to post this graph here. If not, please feel free to delete it. 

58f1e09d2d257_DeadlyThailand.png.5b1d1638c514197926245f44fa01698a.png

2 reasons for uk being at the top. There are many in Thailand and its a culture known for its love of alcohol.

13 hours ago, pegman said:

In fact it may be likely some sort of drug use mixed with too much booze precipitated the fall. Whenever Brits, Indians and Arabs are involved ladyboys cannot be rules out either.

You think only Brits, Indians and Arabs use ladyboys Sherlock?

Wake up.

15 minutes ago, robblok said:

2 reasons for uk being at the top. There are many in Thailand and its a culture known for its love of alcohol.

Certainly the number of UK citizens, expats, residents and tourists is very high in Thailand. So statistically you are correct,

Why try and pretend other Western cultures don't love alcohol? Highest country for Whisky consumption - France. Aussies known to enjoy the odd beer or two or twenty, along with Germans whilst Americans more cocktail and spirit officianados. The Irish are not usually teetotal and the Russians and other Slavs down their share.

Even you cloggies like a tipple, although the genever probably disinfects as well as relaxing! And your cousins across the border in Belgium enjoy the biggest variety of beers; and strongest. 

Young people, whatever their nationality, who come here on single or with mates holidays, are usually not adverse to alcohol, some not so legal drugs, and sex, whether free or paid for. In such an environment deaths and injuries, be it accidental, intentional, or whatever are going to occur. But nationality isn't a cause. 

Certainly the number of UK citizens, expats, residents and tourists is very high in Thailand. So statistically you are correct,

Why try and pretend other Western cultures don't love alcohol? Highest country for Whisky consumption - France. Aussies known to enjoy the odd beer or two or twenty, along with Germans whilst Americans more cocktail and spirit officianados. The Irish are not usually teetotal and the Russians and other Slavs down their share.

Even you cloggies like a tipple, although the genever probably disinfects as well as relaxing! And your cousins across the border in Belgium enjoy the biggest variety of beers; and strongest. 

Young people, whatever their nationality, who come here on single or with mates holidays, are usually not adverse to alcohol, some not so legal drugs, and sex, whether free or paid for. In such an environment deaths and injuries, be it accidental, intentional, or whatever are going to occur. But nationality isn't a cause. 

Just that my interaction with the English always left me with an impression about their alcohol use. I might have been unlucky in who i met but the ones I met always loved the drink far more then other people i knew.

2 minutes ago, robblok said:

Just that my interaction with the English always left me with an impression about their alcohol use. I might have been unlucky in who i met but the ones I met always loved the drink far more then other people i knew.

Time to open up a real Coffe shop with a detailed menu card, sir. 

6 minutes ago, robblok said:

Guess it depends on where you go etc.

I've found far more Scots with severe drink problems than English, Welsh or Northern Irish. But I also know more Scots who are teetotal.

Go to Roermond and it's usually the British who are heavily out drinking the locals in the bars. But that's because they come from the big Army base just inside Germany. 

All about where you happen to be.

Alcohol use usually is a cause. I just looked it up your right the French and Germans drink a lot too. The English and Dutch were way lower. Must have been bad luck on my part who i met.

1 hour ago, Baerboxer said:

Guess it depends on where you go etc.

I've found far more Scots with severe drink problems than English, Welsh or Northern Irish. But I also know more Scots who are teetotal.

Go to Roermond and it's usually the British who are heavily out drinking the locals in the bars. But that's because they come from the big Army base just inside Germany. 

All about where you happen to be.

I think you right depends where you happen to be,  but alcohol causes a lot of deaths. Not talking about sickness but more about doing stupid things and ending up dead. 

Archived