‘Terrifying’ storm hammers Chaiyaphum

rooster59

‘Terrifying’ storm hammers Chaiyaphum

By The Nation

72cc2fd3c54bae5bc4e5ab21add424fc-sld.jpeg

A violent storm that struck Chaiyaphum province at around 3am on Friday morning severely damaged 40 homes and destroyed orchards, two rice storage facilities and 11 buildings where silkworms were cultivated.

The storm damaged nearly 100 homes in all in Pakdee Chumpol district’s Tambon Laem Thong and levelled the agricultural buildings and fruit orchards in the villages of Noen Wa and Noen Pakwan. 

Chaiyaphum Governor Chusak Trisan instructed officials to survey the damage and provide aid to the residents affected.

Suay Sima, 60, said she and her family were asleep when the storm hit with high winds, heavy rain and hail, tearing off the roof of their home and forcing them to take shelter in the basement for an hour. “I was terrified,” she said. “I’ve never seen a storm so severe.”

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/national/30312296

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-04-15

Not funny living through a severe storm.

Why bash poor people who cannot afford better?

Our home is constructed better than most village homes.

Built 6 years ago, last year our roof was damaged in a storm, not serious like in the photo above.

We were ok as insurance company (MSIG) paid for repairs.

Most villagers do not have home insurance, so it is a serious problem for them.

1 hour ago, KhunBENQ said:

Ever considered that they can not afford sturdy well engineered constructions?

Yes! this is a very similar problem to letting people ride in the back of pick ups or drive a motorcycle without a helmet, to what extent should the powers that be go to protect their people?

As a minimum there should be a "building inspector" who can advice people on "safe" construction standards! Having lived and worked in SEA for the majority of my life I understand just how downtrodden the Isaan villagers are to the point there vote doesn't count!

But at some point the "government" needs to invest money in guaranteeing the welfare of its people!

Yes, I know - its going to be a long journey, but you have to start somewhere, & then corruption rears its ugly head!!!!

Archived