Pattaya: Brutal farang vs farang road rage assault caught on camera

Jonathan Fairfield

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Look at how it starts: As often with a push, followed by a (half) swing, the guy who gets punched turns away, gets an upward punch while with his back to the aggressive <deleted> and lands on his face on the concrete.. Lights out..

You see? That is why I always say never to turn away from your attacker! You won't see coming what he's gonna do. Two more things, the attacker is a <deleted> for not stopping after the first punch and kudos to the Thai people who helped the K.O.ed guy and prevented the attacker from fleeing the scene. Now since it's two farang in Thailand he will probably only have to pay a small fine, but still. Good work from the locals LIKE.png To bad of the <deleted> who had to kick the door, but there's always one :P

Rule: When a guy gives you a push there's a significant chance that his next move will be a punch or swing..

Rule: Don't resist a push, let it glide from you, it will bring the pusher out of balance. Then you will have the chance to beat him by smacking his face in. 1f642.png:)

Rule: Don't ever turn away or your back to an attacker, you won't be able to see what's coming next..

The victim was clearly unaware of these rules, look where his arms where after the push. Also: I do teach this you know.. I accept new students now :)

1 hour ago, Ulysses G. said:

No one can say that no Thais tried to help. 

yes really good that some Thais helped and nice to see BUT that would not have happened if the driver was Thai unfortunately 

rule number one do not get out of your car and approach another as it could be a Thai and if a young guy he will not want to lose face and it won't be just one punch!

15 minutes ago, SamuiAxe said:

I wanted to edit my previous posting (ID 272), but it seems impossible to edit my posting? Anyway, the admin has removed some nasty words, I apologise for those words. Sometimes my anger get's me carried away.. :sorry:

You forgot the golden rule.

Don't start a confrontation over a bit of water,   as it may well turn into a  full on fist fight you may loose.

I don't think the guy was thinking about his kids, 

he just wanted to have a go back.     the driver and the old,   are the same type of person. just a weight and age difference.    same same, idiots.  :coffee1:

Bet they all feel great today.

Happy songkrain for them all.

1 minute ago, onemorechang said:

You forgot the golden rule.

Don't start a confrontation over a bit of water,   as it may well turn into a  full on fist fight you may loose.

I don't think the guy was thinking about his kids, 

he just wanted to have a go back.     the driver and the old,   are the same type of person. just a weight and age difference.    same same, idiots.  :coffee1:

Bet they all feel great today.

Happy songkrain for them all.

Oh, had no idea it was Songkran, didn't really look like Songkran. Anyway, I didn't forget that rule, why stating the obvious? :)

On 17/04/2017 at 10:14 PM, darksidedog said:

Watched it again three times. The old fella gesticulates but I don't see him throw a punch. So I stand by my comment. The younger bigger fella assaulted him.

Hope he enjoys prison.

In the UK. The first person to step out of his vehicle is considered to be the aggressor. I was told this during my ice cream van wars days. Unless any damage is caused to your vehicle. 

20 hours ago, Kadilo said:

Whilst I agree with your other comments. Can you explain to me why you applaud the guy who kicked the car?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

I said that out of anger toward the big fella that punched out the older man. Sometimes you write when you should take a deep breath for a few minutes.  

Don't really mean  applaud the guy kicking the car. But I am a little surprised at how angry and quickly involved the Thai man was that kicked the car and I shared some of his anger.  But damaging others property should not be applauded or allowed even in anger. 

6 hours ago, binjalin said:

yes really good that some Thais helped and nice to see BUT that would not have happened if the driver was Thai unfortunately 

rule number one do not get out of your car and approach another as it could be a Thai and if a young guy he will not want to lose face and it won't be just one punch!

Here we go again, making bad out of good and for what reason do you do that ???  You have no idea what the reaction of the Thai guys would have been if the passenger (not driver) were Thai. They seemed to be acting instinctively to me. Can't you see your Post is full of pre-conceptions and stereotyping.

I haven't seen any mention of the driver on this thread. When i have watched the video i am a little surprised there appears to be no attempt to drive away whatsoever. If there was a kd in the back then i guess quite likely it was a partner of the passenger. Bet she would have been impressed by his actions.

I said that out of anger toward the big fella that punched out the older man. Sometimes you write when you should take a deep breath for a few minutes.  

Don't really mean  applaud the guy kicking the car. But I am a little surprised at how angry and quickly involved the Thai man was that kicked the car and I shared some of his anger.  But damaging others property should not be applauded or allowed even in anger. 

No problem. I understand where you are coming from.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Who knows what this incident was all about.? So much for coming to Thailand to escape the stress rigours of western society. They just bought it with them. ! Motorbike taxi boys get a knocking but they often try to see justice done trying to stop the car. Good on them !

6 hours ago, onemorechang said:

you cant have a fight with one person.   duh

So a parent hitting a child is a fight? A man beating on his wife, a fight?

I think it is clear that rogeroc is suggesting that it was an attack, not a fight. 

Yes, only one person was squaring up for a fight. The other was simply remonstrating. Do you have difficulty in seeing the difference?

13 minutes ago, JamJar said:

So a parent hitting a child is a fight? A man beating on his wife, a fight?

I think it is clear that rogeroc is suggesting that it was an attack, not a fight. 

Yes, only one person was squaring up for a fight. The other was simply remonstrating. Do you have difficulty in seeing the difference?

So in your humble opinion, the remonstrating victim was not squaring up for a fight? He thought he could remonstrate to his heart's content without any fear of retaliation?

Do you think he was stupid, naive or merely overconfident?  

2 hours ago, tropo said:

So in your humble opinion, the remonstrating victim was not squaring up for a fight? He thought he could remonstrate to his heart's content without any fear of retaliation?

Do you think he was stupid, naive or merely overconfident?  

So...let's get this straight....if I am riding a bicycle, as I am wont to do, and a car driver cuts me up or veers into the cycle lane and I remonstrate with him by calling him an idiot, that in your eyes gives the car driver carte blanche to attack me?

Retaliation for remonstrating? It appears that you are stating that a perfectly acceptable reaction to a remonstration is a physical attack.

Did you beat your mum up if she told you off?

As some have mentioned previously, the old guy could easily have suffered life changing injuries based on hitting his head on the ground after being attacked by the big guy.

Reminds me of the Regent teacher who was viciously assaulted by Sean Tinsley a couple of years back and has never recovered from his injuries. Slightly similar situation to this with a minor scrape to a car being seen as an excuse to launch an unnecessary attack on a weaker opponent. Only, in Tinsley's case, he made full use of a wheel brace during his attack. 

I recall that there were one or two posters defending the actions of Tinsley back then. Takes all sorts.

Archived