Pattaya: Brutal farang vs farang road rage assault caught on camera

Jonathan Fairfield

3 minutes ago, ttrd said:

Pls read my post again - I mentioned the Law, not the system responsible for enforcing them - A small but significant difference...;)

I've read your post a number of times. You presume to speak for the law in over 200 sovereign nations. It's irrelevant though as this happened in Thailand.

You need to watch the video again. The driver was ready to leave - he even sat back down in his car when the fat guy swung his right arm at the car door. That's when the driver stood back up and they both squared off in a fighting stance. The fat guy never made any attempt to back off at that point. He was just outmatched. Had he been a good fighter the other guy could have been knocked out instead. Now everyone is hating on the winner.

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, tropo said:

Honesty? LOL> I thought I was being honest all along. He obviously squared up for a fight and was beaten. He provoked the driver who was ready to drive away. Is it wrong to be beaten in a fight? You tell me.

As I said, it could have easily have gone the other way. 

i just hope there not too many people like you. Change your story numerous times, relentless in your pursuit of never admitting to being wrong and condoning excessive and unnecessary violence. And yes i am telling you it is wrong to be physically assaulted without reason and hopefully one day you may decide to hear it,

17 hours ago, alfieconn said:

The Moral of the story is, don't confront someone unless your prepared to have a fight !

...rather the moral of several forum members - sad but true...

32 minutes ago, rogeroc said:

i just hope there not too many people like you. Change your story numerous times, relentless in your pursuit of never admitting to being wrong and condoning excessive and unnecessary violence. And yes i am telling you it is wrong to be physically assaulted without reason and hopefully one day you may decide to hear it,

Give up the preaching dude. This is the real world where people who do stupid things get punished. Perhaps up in heaven, where maybe you think you're going, things are different but come back down to earth for a moment.

As you're a bit slow on the uptake... it's not about what's right and wrong. It's what happens in the real world if you behave stupidly and carelessly.

You'd do well to me meet people like me. We don't get into situations like the fat guy in this incident. We brush it off and walk away.  

36 minutes ago, ttrd said:

...rather the moral of several forum members - sad but true...

I agree. It's not cool putting down people we don't know anything about... trying to put yourself on a pedestal above other people.

I've had enough of this at church, but some of you come on strong here about what you personally think is right and wrong. You come across as religious bigots... patting yourself on the back.

18 hours ago, KhonKaenKowboy said:

I would actually like to see people take responsibility for their own actions as opposed to paying sky high taxes for others' malfeasance.  People lose money betting on EPL.....ban it.  People run up credit card debt at shopping malls...outlaw them.  BTW, you could go to YouTube and find roadrage videos from even the biggest nanny states.

Traffic police is usually the only department that can make profit. No tax hike needed.

Ofcourse there's road rage everywhere. But it's more common in Thailand because of the way people drive here.

Why are you so obsessed with the whole nanny state meme? Just because I call for traffic police to do their job in a country that has some of the highest death tolls and some of the worst driving doesn't mean that i want a nanny state.

Also, if you are so worried about tax money, wouldnt it be better if the traffic police that already exist and receive tax money as salary would do their jobs correctly? Ofcourse i wouldnt oppose firing the whole lot for being useless.

I don't feel sorry for the guy.

He started a heated argument and attempted to make physical contact by swiping his hand. Maybe he did make contact with the other guy's hand/arm or maybe he just hit the door, anyway her swiped his hand agressively. He asked for a fight (but thought and hoped he wouldn't get one)

Although, the big guy shouldn't have punched him so many times while the (then) victim was cowaring like a punching bag. He took it too far.

Citizen arrests are one of the things I love about this country. Kutos to them for helping the victim and arresting the boxer. Does anyone have a translation on what the Thai guys were saying? Those barriers come in handy too. Resoureful.

Thoroughly enjoyed this video (except screaming child....at first I though that was his teerak).

On 4/17/2017 at 10:13 AM, champers said:

The Thais need to keep out of it; blocking the road off and behaving like bad extras in a Thai soap.

Had they did that, some ppl would bitch about how Thais don't show any care or compassion. 

On 24/04/2017 at 8:40 PM, tropo said:

Give up the preaching dude. This is the real world where people who do stupid things get punished. Perhaps up in heaven, where maybe you think you're going, things are different but come back down to earth for a moment.

As you're a bit slow on the uptake... it's not about what's right and wrong. It's what happens in the real world if you behave stupidly and carelessly.

You'd do well to me meet people like me. We don't get into situations like the fat guy in this incident. We brush it off and walk away.  

After reading your latest post, I went back to look at the video again. Firstly the 'victim' was almost standing on one leg when remonstrating with his attacker. So hardly "squaring up".

When his attacker got out of the car, the 'victim' was actually walking away. He only turned around to face his attacker. At that point his attacker pushed him and then proceeded to punch him. 

So tell us(unless you imagine that it is just you and I here) at which point he "squared up" for a fight. After his attacker had already attacked him??

All of your assertions are pure fantasy.

Ludicrous that you imagine such paucity of thought equates to realism.

The fact is, that most people do not act like that.... only a few idiots. 

By your reckoning, if an old man insulted me, it would be normal for me to knock him down.....because that is the "real world" in your eyes.

Have you seen in which company you stand? 

Perhaps it's due to something else;

Asperger syndrome is a lifelong developmental disability that affects how people perceive the world and interact with others....

Off topic bickering bating and flaming posts have been trashed, please do not start these personal attacks again otherwise there will be some holiday due, so best you both let it be.

On 4/23/2017 at 7:23 PM, tropo said:

... He provoked the driver who was ready to drive away. ...

The driver never got out of the car.

On 4/24/2017 at 2:21 PM, tropo said:

... Before he was knocked out he was the aggressor ...

Yes, the 'aggressor' angrily twatted the top of the passenger door and for this simple, petulant act of resignation and withdrawal from a clear no-win situation, he was assaulted.

8 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Yes, the 'aggressor' angrily twatted the top of the passenger door and for this simple, petulant act of resignation and withdrawal from a clear no-win situation, he was assaulted.

You have no idea what the idiot said,  through the car window at his wife and child,   maybe you F- C and your C - wife and B- child. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and then smacked the car.

Would that deserve a beating,  not sure.

But lets face it ,   when he went up to the car.

Sure he never said  

HELLO EXCUSE ME OLD CHAP,  CAN I HAVE A WORD.  !!!!!!! :coffee1:

43 minutes ago, onemorechang said:

You have no idea what the idiot said,  through the car window at his wife and child,   maybe you F- C and your C - wife and B- child. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and then smacked the car.

Would that deserve a beating,  not sure.

But lets face it ,   when he went up to the car.

Sure he never said  

HELLO EXCUSE ME OLD CHAP,  CAN I HAVE A WORD.  !!!!!!! :coffee1:

Sticks and stones mate, sticks and stones.

You can speculate until the cows come home on everything from what was said, in what language, either guy's age, nationality, fitness, state of mind, drugs or alcohol who the driver was and, if you want a real stretch, whether they all have the correct visas for their respective life's in LOS. It's all pretty irrelevant when some angry guys slaps some other angry guys car with his hand and for that gets a head-shot that could quite easily have resulted in a life-changing if not life-ending head shot WHEN HIS HEAD HIT THE PAVEMENT.

But never mind, here's three cheers for the younger big guy for defending the honour or whatever of his alleged driver wife and the ears of his, or someone's alleged ill-behaved and poorly educated kid by pursuing and physically assaulting the older big guy who was already walking away.

1 hour ago, NanLaew said:

You can speculate until the cows come home on everything from what was said, in what language, either guy's age, nationality, fitness, state of mind, drugs or alcohol who the driver was and, if you want a real stretch, whether they all have the correct visas for their respective life's in LOS. It's all pretty irrelevant when some angry guys slaps some other angry guys car with his hand and for that gets a head-shot that could quite easily have resulted in a life-changing if not life-ending head shot WHEN HIS HEAD HIT THE PAVEMENT.

But never mind, here's three cheers for the younger big guy for defending the honour or whatever of his alleged driver wife and the ears of his, or someone's alleged ill-behaved and poorly educated kid by pursuing and physically assaulting the older big guy who was already walking away.

If you say so, :coffee1:

Three cheers for a pair of  idiots in Pattaya.

There were no winners   :passifier:

14 hours ago, NanLaew said:

It's a phrase originally intended for children who were bullied, not for adults to take as advice. Words can do more damage than stones. The pain of hurt feelings can far outlast memories of physical pain. Words can even lead to suicide.

In Thailand, they are aware of this as words can lead to criminal charges due to defamation laws.

Use your imagination. I can think of plenty of insults that would very likely lead to a hiding if uttered in the wrong company. If you are going to insult someone, protect yourself at all times.

1 hour ago, tropo said:

It's a phrase originally intended for children who were bullied, not for adults to take as advice. Words can do more damage than stones. The pain of hurt feelings can far outlast memories of physical pain. Words can even lead to suicide.

In Thailand, they are aware of this as words can lead to criminal charges due to defamation laws.

Use your imagination. I can think of plenty of insults that would very likely lead to a hiding if uttered in the wrong company. If you are going to insult someone, protect yourself at all times.

:smile:

C'mon...you really need to stop. 

It is in a fact a lesson in self control. Someone who cannot control themselves in the way shown by the thug in the video will likely often find themselves in trouble.

There also is a big difference in someone taunting you at school every day and a single remonstration in the street.

You are really doing to best to justify the thugs behaviour, but you fail at every attempt..

So the few seconds of remonstration endured by the thug could have caused him "lasting damage beyond physical pain"??  :laugh:

C'mon stop....my sides are hurting.

• 2 weeks later...

While I hate violence, when a fat, out of shape old fart decides to be a tough guy to a guy built like the dude in the car, I think he kind of deserves a punch in the head for not using the better judgement he _should_ have developed from more years on earth and lower testosterone. Having said that, hope the guy who punched him gets butt raped in a Thai prison, not only for punching a guy twice his age and in <deleted> shape, but for continuing till he was out cold. Piece of cra_p.

Sad to see the acceptance of violence...in any circumstance...that prevails on this thread.

Apportioning blame basically accepts the concept of violence as a solution to civil problems...it also underlines the appalling driving skills of both parties & thus farangs in Thailand

Sorry did not see it but I assume someone mentioned the fact that the buff dude had a boy maybe 10 years old perched out the back passenger window watching I would guess his Dad kick ass. Yes, the fat guy is probably the victim, but he is a fool for walking up to challenge the guy.  Bet he doesn't do that again.

On 4/17/2017 at 8:57 PM, janclaes47 said:

Hope they get the guy in the white t-shirt, who had nothing to do with the wwhole affair, for damaging the car.

I don't. IMO they should have trashed it. That might be the only "justice" the floored guy gets. I loathe bullies.

Good on the motocy taxi drivers for stepping in and stopping them leaving. Good idea to put the fence in front of it.

On 4/25/2017 at 1:14 AM, tropo said:

I've read your post a number of times. You presume to speak for the law in over 200 sovereign nations. It's irrelevant though as this happened in Thailand.

You need to watch the video again. The driver was ready to leave - he even sat back down in his car when the fat guy swung his right arm at the car door. That's when the driver stood back up and they both squared off in a fighting stance. The fat guy never made any attempt to back off at that point. He was just outmatched. Had he been a good fighter the other guy could have been knocked out instead. Now everyone is hating on the winner.

We are hating on the thug ( most of us loath and despise bullies ) because he was far larger than his victim and is obviously very strong. The victim slapped the car, he didn't hit the thug through the window.

The thug deserves a few months in a Thai jail where he will find out that being a huge strong guy means nothing.

By your logic all strong people should be given a pass simply because they are stronger, even if they were in the wrong.

4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

By your logic all strong people should be given a pass simply because they are stronger, even if they were in the wrong.

Going by your logic, you were misled. 

Here's my logic. You play with fire - you get burned.

You start a fight, accept the outcome. You pick on a better fighter, you lose. Boohoo.

And here we go with right and wrong again. Wrong is picking a fight with a stronger opponent and losing. That's wrong AND stupid.

I have no sympathy for the victim. He was stupid and paid the price.

16 minutes ago, tropo said:

You start a fight, accept the outcome. You pick on a better fighter, you lose. Boohoo.

And here we go with right and wrong again. Wrong is picking a fight with a stronger opponent and losing. That's wrong AND stupid.

By this logic, it would be "right" to pick a fight with a weaker opponent and losing?

25 minutes ago, tropo said:

Going by that logic we should all start carrying a gun to equalise the odds of winning.

One of the first pistols in the American west was called The Equalizer for that reason.

The law is supposed to equalise the odds, but in Pattaya I doubt the cavalry would come riding to the rescue.

4 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Any update as to what happened after?

Both fighters signed with promoters and were last seen heading off to MMA training to get ready for a rematch on the new reality TV show...."Pattaya Road Rage Streetfighters".....an xbox game series is also planned, which you will be able to buy at a discount at tukcom.

6 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Going by that logic we should all start carrying a gun to equalise the odds of winning.

One of the first pistols in the American west was called The Equalizer for that reason.

The law is supposed to equalise the odds, but in Pattaya I doubt the cavalry would come riding to the rescue.

Going by my logic is rather simple and uncomplicated. It should not be used as a reason to start a debate on gun possession.

Don't start fights unless you can defend yourself.

If you go around shouting in other people's faces, sooner or later you'll suffer the same consequences as the victim did here.

This is not about right and wrong... it's about consequences of actions in real life.

Archived