Pattaya: Brutal farang vs farang road rage assault caught on camera

Jonathan Fairfield

1 minute ago, helloagain said:

The bloke that floored the other should be locked up. And f*** me thais helping a white man thats a first

I would say the wife had said something to the Thai guys

to get them up and going.

if it was just  two Falangs only fighting ,  no they would not help

they would let it run its course,  then help the guy off the ground.

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, helloagain said:

The bloke that floored the other should be locked up. And f*** me thais helping a white man thats a first

Not really. Thais will often help the weaker party, especially if women or kids are involved.

I've lived in Thailand 20 years and seen quite a few altercations in my time. Sad to say that the majority were initiated by farangs for various reasons, often involving alcohol and a mistaken belief that Thais won't fight back. 

We see videos of farangs being beaten but I've also seen remarkable restraint. For example a food vendor on Sukhumvit getting swung on by a farang who complained about paying an extra 10 Baht more than a Thai. He kept shouting "Pom Thai Pom Thai" and then shoved the food vendor and tried to take a punch. An opportunity if ever for a beating but the motorcycle drivers just held him back and his lady friend walked him away.

Those type of cases don't make for exciting videos so no one bothers to post them. 

7 hours ago, moe666 said:

You have your sick daughter on a scooter going to a hospital thru Pattaya and it is songram and you expect not to get wet. 

Perhaps as a serious suggestion:

In the past coloured shirts have (debatably) been used for contravertial uses.

As a law which benefits all immediately, anyone wearing a shirt of a certain color must not be wet on Songkran with it being a punishable offense to do so (serious consequences please).

I had the same situation with my wife in CM about 4 or 5 years ago, except they used a large black farmers bucket filled with Ice when we were on our way to the temple before going to the hospital. The only thing that saved me being like the victim in this photo is I perhaps come across as a cross little more intimidating. Those that don't want to get wet, don't have cars and have course for essential travel should be able to do so without fear of getting wet.

I'd imprison the driver for a year and then evict him from Thailand with a 10 year ban.

The man got out of the car with the sole intention of flooring the man at his car side. 

I am not saying the man was wrong for confronting the man at his car side, but the level and sheer violence of his reaction speaks for itself.

7 hours ago, onemorechang said:

The guy helped his daughter so well.

He was an angry,  fool.

Bet if the guy in the car was an old,  small frail guy

he would have attacked him.

He was a total plonker.

He did not put his family first,  he put his ego first.

and arrived very late at the hospital,  caring so much about  his daughter.

If your going to pick a fight try and make sure you can win.

BTW

IT IS SONGKRAIN WHAT DO EXPECT.

YOU WILL GET WET, IF YOU GO OUT IN IT.

And the passenger in the car showed the kid in the back seat how to handle these sorts of situations properly, didn't he?

10 hours ago, onemorechang said:

Not sure what to make of this

looks like plonkers on the road.

The guy went up to car to give it some.

mouthed off,  hit the top of the car door

then the guy in the car,  got out and gave him a kicking.

two stupid idiots i would say.

Also idiot Thai  guy kicking the car,  what's it got to do

with him, to warrant him attempting to escalate the situation  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ps This would not have happened if they had all been in the happy zone !!!!!!!! :coffee1:

Thought this was a Pattaya Happy Zone  5555

8 hours ago, tropo said:

Now you're insulting the character of other members who know the deal here and offer sensible advice.

The victim had the poor character in this event. He should have shrugged his shoulders, bit his tongue and concentrated on the important task of getting his daughter to the hospital.

I believe that it is a cultural mean with different cultures having different reactions. In many areas where I am from, each of those MB taxi drivers would have kicked the car, and they wouldn't stop until the owner got out to get what was coming. Yes, it is Thailand, not darker sides of NZ where I am from but each brings their own culture with them, especially around Songkran when the average Farang has far less appreciation or respect that they are a tourist. I would have done exactly what the victim did and others may not have. If they were Russians, do not expect that they would ever back down from another farang trying to step them out.

In the eyes of a Thai we are areal Farang, but as educated members of this forum we understand our backgrounds ensure we are not all the same in our expectations of life and how we face confrontation.

1 hour ago, newatthis said:

And the passenger in the car showed the kid in the back seat how to handle these sorts of situations properly, didn't he?

Like i have said, Plonkers.

But i would like to know what the conversation was when the aggressor

went up to the car.

Was it,   Excuse me,  please stop your son from squirting water at people on

motor bikes.  my daughter is sick and we are on the way to the hospital

please have some consideration for others. ?

Nah, bet it was a,  F-you,  C-you and other profanities at the guy

finished off with a smack on the guys car !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would say no big surprize what happened.

Happy songkrain for them all today

Your children will be proud of you all  for ever  :thumbsup:

Lots of guess work going on here. I bet the victim wishes he kept on going to the hospital without the verbal attack. However that does not make excuse for that level of violence. For someone to be able to throw 3 punches in that manner I am guessing this was not his first rodeo. Maybe a gym junkie who should have known better that to escalate matters in to a very one sided punch up with someone twice his age. It was never going to be a contest. Without knowing the whole story its really hard to say what prompted the victim to get off his bike and vent. I would love to see Songkran reduced to one day per year and not go on for days. Its become too crazy.

evrywhere on the Airport are signs that say you behave bad you get kicked out of the country. So what, Take them both and send them on their plane to home forever. 

The roads are always crowded and filled with morons, stand above it and give a <deleted> what others do, it will happen again almost certain in the coming hour.

There are a lot of these steroid filled babys -hence brain sick, that just waiting for making troubles, good that this one couldn't hide his numberplate. Nice to see him in the "deportation news".

1 minute ago, See Will said:

evrywhere on the Airport are signs that say you behave bad you get kicked out of the country. So what, Take them both and send them on their plane to home forever. 

The roads are always crowded and filled with morons, stand above it and give a <deleted> what others do, it will happen again almost certain in the coming hour.

If you behave bad you get kicked out? Be lots leaving if that were the case.

3 minutes ago, See Will said:

We must go to different airports, I have never seen those signs.

Im not saying its the case here, but every year I manage to see a couple of westerners who use songkran almost as an excuse to get wet and vent. There is always one that will have good clothes on, camera and phone out and defiantly enter the mayhem, just for an excuse to go off on a rant.

young thug in singlet t-shirt assaulting a much older and obviously less fit guy 

arguing is one thing violence another and I hope he loses his liberty for awhile and his visa for sure as we don't need them here

6 minutes ago, pattayadon said:

Typical "steroid" reaction!

Not starting a steroid discussion but steroids just intensify your behaviour. 

If you are an an idiot you'll be an even bigger idiot on steroids. If you are a normal tempered guy, you won't suddenly start wearing women t-shirts and become a raging <deleted> - like the guy in the video.

Hope he ended up in soi 9 in lockup. 

11 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Watched it again three times. The old fella gesticulates but I don't see him throw a punch. So I stand by my comment. The younger bigger fella assaulted him.

Hope he enjoys prison.

prison? I think you're getting a bit excited there mate lol

12 minutes ago, MadMuhummad said:

prison? I think you're getting a bit excited there mate lol

Well, it looks like assault occasioning actual bodily harm. That carries a minimum of a 12 month sentence, reduced to 6 months on a guilty plea.

His other option of course is to cough up some cash pretty quickly to settle the matter.

12 hours ago, docshock13 said:

Note to self: don't pop off to a guy half my age and twice my size regardless whether I think I am right. 

Good to see the moto taxi guys made sure Rocky didn't leave the scene. 

Will be interesting to see what precipatated the event. 

typical uk type i see it all the time back in england the guy who got punched did right to stand up to the thug who punched him , these people have no respect or any decency they usually drive aggressively as is their personality and someone is going to cop for it but why should it be like that , good on the guy who got punched for standing up to the thug as you can see from the video the guy who got punched ended up with 10 times more respect than the thug who proved nothing but a selfish pratt thinking only of himself and too proud to appologise he should get 2 years hard labour 

13 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

Based on the footage it is unclear who, if anyone, was at fault.

Russians? The bloke who got flattened inflamed the situation however the hero (twice his size and half his age) is clearly guilty of assault causing grievous bodily harm (or at the very least common assault) and should be charged, thrown in the clink for a while and deported. Have to say motorcycle taxi guys and other Thais did well. Surprised they didn't trash the car. They were clearly not happy. Disgraceful conduct once again by farang.   

Archived