Pattaya: Brutal farang vs farang road rage assault caught on camera

Jonathan Fairfield

1 minute ago, Prbkk said:

The older chubby chap was neither a threat nor a match ; flailing about like a lobster. The Russian should have left the door closed and quietly departed the scene...until the testosterone kicked in. 

These incidents kill people: the punch itself or the impact with the ground.

There has been any number of such deaths in Australia and the perpetrators routinely get 12-15 years.

Both these guys should count themselves lucky.

very good post 

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i applaud the guy also and the other thais  stopping the thug getting away ,the guy came running out the restaurant clearly upset  at seeing the thug get out the car and attack the old man in front of his sick child and mother 

Yes I can see the actions of the Thais stopping him getting away and they should be commended. I fail to see how he running out and kicking the car, however angry he may have been , was the right thing to do in the circumstances. It may have made the situation even worse. It looks like another Thai chap pulls him away too.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

35 minutes ago, nemrut said:

Farang and their drama.  

It's not the Thais you have to worry about but other farang w/attitudes of entitlement who will not hesitate to become violent at the slightest provocation.

Jup. In los on and off for 20 years now. One time only in fight. With farlang of course. Drunk. Wanting to impress his freshly rented teeraak. Breaking my balls. WARNED 5x to cut the crap/khrap. With thai i have never had any issues. I mind my own biz and they mind theirs. I like.

18 hours ago, onemorechang said:

What happened was
The big guys boy keep splashing water out of the car to the poor guys little girl who's sick and they were on the way to hospital (they were on motorbike) the poor guy waved him to stop and that's why he stopped the car and yeah u saw the rest in the vid

( this is what the Thai guy who film this said anyway)

If the above is true

Then the guy is a bigger idiot than i thought.

he should have continued to the hospital with his  little girl

not start some,  road rage. over water at Songkrain

I think your comments are odious. Are all your comments as odious as these here today? So you're trying to tell me if your child was sick and you were attempting to take her to the hospital and some tosser with a watergun who thought it was a big laugh to keep spraying you both, even though your daughter was clearly distressed by it, you'd suck it up and continue on without telling the brainless tosser to stop his childish antics? Would you honestly scuttle off like a little yellow-bellied bug and not say a word to your aggressor? I don't know you, but judging by your comments, you imply that you would.

Like others here I agree that the big guy was in the wrong but in comparison to how the Thais fight I don't think it was that bad of an assault. Once the other guy was down he didn't continue beating him to a pulp. If the big guy was an angry Thai I'd say the outcome would have been quite different. 

1 minute ago, alien365 said:

Like others here I agree that the big guy was in the wrong but in comparison to how the Thais fight I don't think it was that bad of an assault. Once the other guy was down he didn't continue beating him to a pulp. If the big guy was an angry Thai I'd say the outcome would have been quite different. 

..i.e. why care if you loose one arm - it could have been both of your legs...

20 minutes ago, Senior Player said:

I think your comments are odious. Are all your comments as odious as these here today? So you're trying to tell me if your child was sick and you were attempting to take her to the hospital and some tosser with a watergun who thought it was a big laugh to keep spraying you both, even though your daughter was clearly distressed by it, you'd suck it up and continue on without telling the brainless tosser to stop his childish antics? Would you honestly scuttle off like a little yellow-bellied bug and not say a word to your aggressor? I don't know you, but judging by your comments, you imply that you would.

If you say so:coffee1:

1 hour ago, Prbkk said:

The older chubby chap was neither a threat nor a match ; flailing about like a lobster. The Russian should have left the door closed and quietly departed the scene...until the testosterone kicked in. 

These incidents kill people: the punch itself or the impact with the ground.

There has been any number of such deaths in Australia and the perpetrators routinely get 12-15 years.

Both these guys should count themselves lucky.

This is the only reason I don't hit people so often, scare by the consequence and I will never give 1 baht to any Mib in this world.

21 minutes ago, ttrd said:

..i.e. why care if you loose one arm - it could have been both of your legs...

I know which beatdown I'd prefer.  A cut and a bruise or two is nothing compared to a more serious assault from someone less in control.

4 hours ago, onemorechang said:

Did you notice that in the video, his Thai partner

was very slow going over to him,  she first went over to the

car where the Thai guys were for what ?  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was also a Falang guy that helped the guy on the floor first.

Just saying

To make sure that the perpetrator could not get away.

1 hour ago, Kadilo said:

Yes I can see the actions of the Thais stopping him getting away and they should be commended. I fail to see how he running out and kicking the car, however angry he may have been , was the right thing to do in the circumstances. It may have made the situation even worse. It looks like another Thai chap pulls him away too.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Thainess? 

If the older gentleman decides to press charges then the case will go forward. This will also depend upon witness statements.  However, if the police rule that the larger man is at fault and the older man accepts compensation- the case will most likely end.

In either event, those people who applaud either party and their actions are completely wrong. As I said prior- 2 foreigners acting in this matter gives all of us a bad name and causes undue scrutiny from the authorities. Many Thais have a vision of foreigners as drunks; loud mouths and people of loose morals as well as unable to control themselves. Could be- the stereotype fits many in Pattaya.

14 minutes ago, Thaidream said:

In either event, those people who applaud either party and their actions are completely wrong. As I said prior- 2 foreigners acting in this matter gives all of us a bad name and causes undue scrutiny from the authorities. Many Thais have a vision of foreigners as drunks; loud mouths and people of loose morals as well as unable to control themselves. Could be- the stereotype fits many in Pattaya.

Maybe not but we do not know what was said by the victim and how verbally aggressive {or otherwise) he was, it appeared to me he was walking away before he was attacked. But the reactions of the Thais (with one exception) are to be applauded. I certainly do not condone the actions of the guy who kicked the car but he had just witnessed an (fairly) elderly man wearing glasses be attacked in front of his young child. The one in the wrong is the car passenger, there is no defence for him.

1 hour ago, Senior Player said:

If I was an old, over weight, sight deficit and physically challenged person I most certainly would.

and it's people like you who take it so personally and go far and beyond (in your mind) to find a hidden, insulting, manliness attacking problem with silly horseplay is more of a problem than the reaction of the big unit that ended the she shenanigans.

If you're middle aged and riding a motorcycle in pattaya during songkran, child on board or not, how about you grow up, suck it up and go about your business.

im sure the child would have been less traumatised by being splashed than by seeing dad try and play the big hero and get his ass served to him.

1 hour ago, JamJar said:

To make sure that the perpetrator could not get away.

So she had her priorities correct then.

maybe she instigated the confrontation  ?  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

who knows.  shame it was not all on camera.

Amazing Thailand.

Happy SongKrain :thumbsup:

If it had be me on the motorbike with a sick child- there would be no incident. I would have immediately moved the bike out of the waqy and proceeded direct to the hospital. Since the older man ot off the bike and chastized the other vehicle- he was met y a creti who over reacted.  As I have said before- both at fault- the larger man moreso since he actually sruck a blow. The older gentleman deserves compensation and the larger man may get a large fine and an arrest record. He may  in addition forfeit his visa.

I remain disgusted not only by the Foreigners who cannot control themselves but by the people on this board who feel this type of violent reaction is justified. You all are the reason Thais think Foreign  people are drunks and degenerates and sometimes they are right,

6 minutes ago, Thaidream said:

I remain disgusted not only by the Foreigners who cannot control themselves but by the people on this board who feel this type of violent reaction is justified. You all are the reason Thais think Foreign  people are drunks and degenerates and sometimes they are right,

Whether the violence was justified or not (do you know what he actually said to the driver) is not the issue here. The point is that the violence should have been anticipated and could have been avoided.

1 minute ago, tropo said:

Whether the violence was justified or not (do you know what he actually said to the driver) is not the issue here. The point is that the violence should have been anticipated and could have been avoided.

Are you implying that violence can be justified dependent on what someone says?

People should go back and take long good look at

the video

All the Thais walked right past the victim, !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it was only what appears to be a Falang man helped the

victim first,  all the rest are just an angry mob.

Also the confrontation,   was over and the guy was back in the car and sat down.

Then the old guy smacked the door of the car. escalating,  the now calm situation through the roof.

Sorry i cant see any good guys apart from the falang guy

helping the victim first.

Happy songkrain for them all. :jap:

21 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Are you implying that violence can be justified dependent on what someone says?

You'd have to leave that up to the judge. It would be taken into consideration in a defence. 

I know one thing for sure, if you go around insulting and/or screaming profanities at people in Thailand, a spanking is soon to follow.

The old guy started the confrontation, he approached the car and the big guy, when he confronted the big guy he neutralised the situation. He did not know what old man was going to do to him. He did enough to stop himself being hit, no more no less.

Just now, tropo said:

You'd have to leave that up to the judge. It would be taken into consideration in a defence. 

I know one thing for sure, if you go around insulting and/or screaming profanities at people in Thailand, a spanking is soon to follow.

Nope. Assault doesn't have to be physical. If someone screams profanities at you then walk away or make a complaint. Not a defense for violent assault causing actual bodily harm.

If you insult locals you will get punished, probably violently and likely by more than the one(s) you insulted. We've all seen the videos be it all locals of locals/foreigners. And the police are more inclined to see things the locals way.

But using your logic, the older gent could have produced a knife and a cut muscleman; or a gun and shot him and claimed self defense.

1 minute ago, vogie said:

The old guy started the confrontation, he approached the car and the big guy, when he confronted the big guy he neutralised the situation. He did not know what old man was going to do to him. He did enough to stop himself being hit, no more no less.

Not in the video I watched. The big guy reacted to the old guy either hitting the car, shoving the door and possibly catching him with the door.

The big guy hit him and missed with a couple before moving closer and hitting him from behind when he was already moving away.

He assaulted him causing actual bodily harm. Wrong whatever the provocation.

Now he'll either pay some agreed compensation, pay the bib's commission, publicly apologies and keep out the way; or if the old guy presses charges he'll get done in court, which could also mean loosing his visa (assuming he has one).

Archived